Des Moi, IA C3 bound-Who's with me?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by hothie, Jun 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would like to get a caravan going to C3 next year. Hotel reservations will go on sale this summer, so let me know if you plan on going, and we'll try to get a block of rooms.
  2. jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hello FF Des Moines!

I'm negotiating a deal with GenCon for cheaper rates as well as pre-booking before they become available to the general public.

So far I have requests for rooms from 15 different FF's. Some even from as far as Europe.

Please have your CR read the thread on the CR boards.

If you do not have a CR, contact your RSA or GSA. I would need numbers of who's going and what size and how many rooms by July 1st.

This is a serious effort to secure rooms and at a better price. Please only submit numbers reflecting those that are definitely going. FF cannot be responsible for rooms that are not taken but were asked for.

Thanks and MTFBWY!
    -Sal
  3. Darth Bobo Jedi Youngling

I'm planning on going along with a buddy of mine from work.
  4. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    email me at: douglasekinney@yahoo.com and we can set up meeting times/places/carpool info, etc.
  5. Elysia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I am going, barring any major malfunctions. I already have reservations made at Days Inn a few blocks from the convention center for about $69 a night.

I would love to join a caravan, depending on when everyone is leaving and if I am still living in Iowa at the time.
  6. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    If my nephew goes, we will likely leave right after school Wednesday and try to be in Indy late that night to check in.

If he doesn't go, I'd like to make a day trip out of it on Wednesday.
  7. BKK Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm going for sure. We've got some plans already in the works so I don't think I'd be available to meet up with you guys Hothie. Thanks for the invite though. We are looking into possibly procuring a table in the Fan Section from Gencon. I post at another site usually but I started out here at TF.N posting. Usually a No-No to put the link in a post. :p
  8. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm going. I'm staying at the Courtyard Marriot by the Capitol and I plan on flying in there as I've driven through Eastern Iowa and Illinois and don't want to do it if I can avoid it.
  9. BKK Jedi Master

star 3
    Pffft.....

I'd rather drive through Eastern Iowa than Western Iowa anyday. :D

Try driving through Kansas. BORING. :p
  10. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I go that route with my family often to see relatives and I've seen it so many times that I get so bored that even sleep seems, well, boring.

Besides, I love to fly and will do it any chance I can get.
  11. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I and my friends will be staying at the Radisson, a few blocks away from the con center. Do you need someone to pick you up at the airport Kyle, or are you going to rent a car, take a shuttle, or what?
  12. Kyle Katarn Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    No idea as of yet. I'm not sure if I'll rent a car or get a ride from someone. I'm leaning towards renting a car, but I'd have to find a decently priced car to rent or find a roommate so I can lower the cost of my room.
  13. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Has everyone gotten rooms already? I just found out that 2 of the girls I had planned on going with are backing out, so I have a double bed available for someone who needs a room. I'm staying at the Radisson, which is less than half a mile from the convention center. Your share would be $280 for wed, thurs, fri, and sat nights. If there are 2 of you, your share figures out to be $35/night. Let me know if anyone is interested before I go and post this on starwars.com.
  14. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I bought my ticket for the Celebration on saturday night. Hope to see you all there!
  15. Elysia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Got my ticket also Hothie. Also going to the breakfast on Sunday morning. I guess sleep is not in my schedule for this trip ;)

Also volunteering for Official Pix. Just waiting to get my schedule from them.
  16. masterjedi19 Jedi Youngling

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum here. Just wanted to introduce myself.
    I'm from Des Moines, just wanted to be a part of the forum.
    What plans have been made for C3?
  17. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Welcome to the boards. You can also catch some of us at starwars.meetup.com.

If my nephew goes (will hopefully decide for sure this weekend), then I will likely leave with him on wednesday after school, which will put us into Indy late that night. We will likely have to be back sunday night for him to go back to school that monday, as well.

If he doesn't go, then I may have to give Paula my puppy dog eyes and see if we can carpool or something, which would mean leaving early wednesday or possibly tuesday, right?

We are definitely going to the party on saturday night, although I personally declined on the sunday breakfast.

I will wear my costume on saturday, I think, so i can wear it to the party. I think it may be a conversation starter, don't you think, ely?
  18. Elysia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If he doesn't go, then I may have to give Paula my puppy dog eyes and see if we can carpool or something, which would mean leaving early wednesday or possibly tuesday, right?

We are definitely going to the party on saturday night, although I personally declined on the sunday breakfast.

I will wear my costume on saturday, I think, so i can wear it to the party. I think it may be a conversation starter, don't you think, ely?

How'ld you know the puppy eyes work ;) Plans are now for maybe leaving after work on Tuesday. Maybe staying somewhere Tues night.

It is a cool costume. Haven't decided if I am doing a costume yet. My coz gave me her son's old RotJ sheets, so thought maybe a toga idea.
  19. unihawk Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Many photos must be taken for all us poor folks keeping the home fire burning.

Paula, I think the toga is a fun idea.
  20. Elysia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I plan on lots of pictures. Bought more memory cards for the camera.

BTW, if you need a Vader fig, would be glad to get one for ya!!
  21. unihawk Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Thanks, I would love one.
  22. Elysia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You got it!! I actually can get 5, since I am going to the breakfast, but will only get figs for friends.

I am not one of those ebay scalpers.
  23. Darklord49 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    "Has everyone gotten rooms already? I just found out that 2 of the girls I had planned on going with are backing out, so I have a double bed available for someone who needs a room." hothie-

Hey hothie, has anyone taken you up on the rooms? I need a room, and I might have a friend coming with me. My original plan was just to drive about 10-20 miles away and see if I could find a room. That or sleep in my car...LOL....but, I would much rather sleep in a bed.

Darklord Austin
  24. hothie Jedi Youngling

star 2
    No one has of yet contacted me about the room, so as far as I'm concerned, Hell ya you can have the bed. Like I said, it's like .4 miles away from the convention center, and there are parking spots in their garage, which is where I plan on leaving my truck. I believe I mentioned the room rates previously.
  25. Darklord49 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    AWESOME!!!! Do you remember my friend that came with me to the last meeting? He told me he can come too, so we would take up those two spots! If thats ok with you, then totally!!!!!

Austin-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.