main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Fan Party - Friday, April 22 - Post Party Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Dec 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    I didn't ask if there would be music to make it a rave. I just thought that "Cocktails at the Cantina" or Supergenius's "Star Wars Breakbeats" would make excellent socialization music.

2. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey Seb, don't know if this has been asked lately, but is there a list yet for people who paid via Paypal?? Just wondering. See you at the Partay!!!

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    They're working on a list, but there's tons of names, and posting only a partial list will give me more headaches than it will solve....if you're payment was accepted, you're good to go. There's about 300 tickets left, so there isn't anyone being turned down at this point.

4. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Sebulba.. any chance you guys have a contact to ask George Lucas to stop by the party? Slim chance of him coming, but never hurts to ask :)

5. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Never hurts to ask yes, but people shouldn't get their hopes up. Think of it from Lucas' perspective. He is going to be the most madly sought after person at the convention. He's going to be dealing with insane fans for whatever length of time he's there. He may only be there for one afternoon/evening anyway, and even if he isn't, the idea of going to a fan party might be a scary prospect for him. I think we're a good group, and pretty small so he wouldn't be swamped, but he doesn't neccessarily know this.

I honestly don't know what it would be like to be a director of his fame, but I have a feeling it is harder than it looks to deal with fans.

6. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    After fighting with my Paypal account for about an hour I finally got myself a ticket. Thank God.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Well, we could ask his 'handlers', but really, there's no chance in Mustafar of him showing up at our party.

We have tentative word that we might get some official site love / pub for the party...if and when that happens, then I'd expect whatever's left of the tickets will be gone.

If some of you want in, but for whatever reason need to wait a few days or whatever, I'd contact Jay / whojedi asap and see if there's a way to temp hold places for you...I can't say if he'll accommodate that request or not, but it's worth a try.

8. jed1Yoda

jed1Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2004
    Yeah, I know the chances are very very slim.. but if you have a contact, at least ask.. worst he'll do is say no thanks.

9. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    My bud, JediRiff is concerned because his name never showed up on the money order list. I'm concerned for him too.

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Contact Jay (whojedi) asap...his email is in the first post, along with his board username.

That said, I'm not sure how updated that list is at the moment...I'll track that down tomorrow.

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Yeah, him and Jay have communicated about the situation. Don't know if his payment was ever received, but I know he sent it. Thats why I dont trust the USPS. Thank the Maker for Paypal.

12. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    I just ordered my ticket. See everybody there! :)

13. SSDExecutor

SSDExecutor Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Woo hoo... just my email receipt! Can't wait to see everyone there :)

14. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I have a question about the party. You say it's for all ages, but what can an 11 y.o. get out of it? Will there be other kids? My nephew and his dad are going to C3 with me and he doesn't think it would be much fun for his son. Help me out. My nephew is a fan and won't get to do this often. PM me with some facts of the party. Thanks in advance...

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Sith Hunter, my 11 year old will be there with me, so at least there will be one other :)

16. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I finally signed up, after procrastinating for so long. I can't believe CIII is coming up so fast!!

Me and my wife are coming.

17. arwyn_jinn

arwyn_jinn Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    Are there tickets still available for this?

18. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    See the thread title. :)

19. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    As far as kids go, there will most likely be some people in costumes and there's always the celebrity guests that the kids could talk with (no autographs though). Things like this, though, you can talk SW with people and it doesn't matter if your 11 or 45.

20. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Does anyone know which celebrities are going to be attending or is it a secret??I would just like to be able to have a chat with them and a drink whoever it is.

21. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    The only 2 that have been announced are: Michael Stackpole (Author) & Gerald Home (Tessk, Mon Calamari Officer - ROTJ)

We have verbal commitments from other actors, but we're a be leery at this time to announce names. And before anyone asks, I do not even know who those people are.

22. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    at least TRY to invite all the personalities that will be there. There's nothing to be lost from at least asking people like Lucas and Christensen to attend. Heck, I'd even make little business cards and be handing them out to celebs during the convention that says "Fan Party. Hyatt Ballroom. Please feel free to stop on by."

23. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    just wanting to make sure if there are still tickets avaible for some of the fan force who have not purchased tickets yet

24. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    slim pickens for celebrities:
    no mark
    no carrie
    no anthony
    no hayden

and george from a huge distance

but there's the star wars - all 5 episodes - on the big screen again

25. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "just wanting to make sure if there are still tickets avaible for some of the fan force who have not purchased tickets yet"

Yes...when the status of the tickets changes, or even if it's getting close to selling out, I'll change the title of the thread...last estimate was there's still 300 tickets left.

Since this is a fan party, the celebs that will be coming are by definition more fan friendly. If you have to twist there arm to come to the convention to begin with, it's unlikely they'll just show up to a fan party, even if their ticket is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.