main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

c3 in denver? NOPE! IT'S INDY TIME AGAIN!!!!!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Grimby , Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I just got this word from Sebulba_X in Indy:

If it were me, I'd probably try getting a room in the Embassy Suites, the Hyatt, or Crowne Plaza...they're in the middle of the Convention center, yet to the east is the Indy nightlife scene...all the hotels there are nice, and an extra block here or there isn't that bad really.

He did conform that some people have rooms already confirmed at the Westin.

2. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    O W, what kind of gainful employment r u seeking?

3. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I have been looking in the world of Telecommunications so far, but that world is still kinda hurting. :(

At this time, I'm looking at an assistaint manager/office manager/team leader type of position. I'm working on the resume at this time. (Just multi-tasking on the boards here. ;) )

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    FYI:

Skywalks link the Indiana Convention Center & RCA Dome to seven premium hotels - Westin, Hyatt, Marriott, Omni, Crowne Plaza, Embassy Suites and Canterbury Hotel. Add those to the numerous other downtown hotels with varying price ranges and you have a grand total of over 5,212 hotel rooms. The compactness of downtown Indianapolis puts you within steps of dozens of restaurants including Ruths Chris Steakhouse, St. Elmo's, Hard Rock Café, Palomino Euro Bistro and Shula's. You are also steps away from theatres, nightclubs, museums and shopping in the Circle Centre Mall where you will find Nordstrom's and Parisian among the 100 outlets. Even the airport is only a quick 12-minute ride away.

Also, the "average" room at the last Celebration, through the Con Block was $150-175/night for the doubles (and I am meaning two beds :p ), at three of those hotels... I'll wait for the Con Block myself :)

5. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Well, HALLEPOODOOLUYA!!!! I guess I can work on my flight plan now......FLOL!

6. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    For those of us that are visually-oriented, here's the Basic layout of the Convention Center and neighboring hotel accommodations.

7. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    So do we all want to stay in the same hotel?? That would be neat, but it seems we can't agree on anything :( Even if the hotel is a block away it's ok with me, I don't see it being a big difference in price though. Only 5,212 rooms??? That doesn't seem like enough, unless there are 4 or more people in each room?

I will take one room, with big bed :D Thanks

8. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm going to do as many SW costumes as I can :p Back to that subject, I want to have 4, maybe more.

9. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    SS, great research. :)
    And yes, Im interested in the Westin. At least for now. It seems like a good idea to at least make some reservations. Theres no reason not to if they dont charge your card yet.
    Plus, its one of the ones connected to the future C3 location (if I'm reading your map correctly).

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    That was my thought. Book room/s now, and if it turns out that we can still score some decent ones at better rates from GenCon, then the other reservations can always be cancelled. At least, that's the theory...

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Book 'em Danno :D Lets just do it. What's the #? I'm to lazy to look up the link :(

12. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

13. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    We stayed at the Embassy during C2, it was perfectly fine, although it would have been nice to be at the Westin due to proximity..........I will defer to Michael's comment concerning the elevator......

In a side note:

every minute spent walking to your hotel means you will stop and have a $100 lunch....ooops....that was just on Sat., as I could not stand the crowds :(

btw.....that translated into 4 tshirts or posters, 5 Jorge Sakul figures...........

SO, my point is, stay away from the expensive resteraunts with good wine lists when you are hauling your purchases "home" so you do not have to lug them around the convention center.

.........I am weak :D

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I just had my pack horse w/ me last time ;) I figured, "hey, let the kid w/ all the energy carry this crap around." [face_mischief] :D

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OK, I kno this info is probably covered in the previous posts, but seein's how we need the post count(and because I'm basically rrrrrreeeaaallllyyyyy lazy!)could someone relate the exact dates of CIII, and the dates that most RMFF'ers plan to be there? I plan on reserving at the Westin as soon as the dates are posted......along with making some other, uuummm, well........reservations, and.....yu kno.....coordinated fuel stops. HA! Speakin' of plannin', it's never too early to do so fer such a momentous event, yu kno!!!!!

Thank yu.

16. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OK......as yu were....I got the exact dates, so now I just need the basics of when most RMFF'ers are gonna be there....FLOL!

17. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm planning on arriving Wednesday night, and staying at least until Sunday, but perhaps as long as Monday. Not sure if I'll be driving or flying at this point. Kinda depends on whether or not I wanna truck my loot home myself, or have it shipped.

18. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
  19. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    And, since we have a bazillion threads on C3, should we lock all but 3 so everyone's plans and info all go into ONE thread?

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    NNNNNNnaaaaaah! That takes all the fun out of perusing the diff threads and adding even more posts.....FLOL!

Actually, for the purposes of coordination, that's a spendid idea......!

21. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I thought we already had only 3 threads, for the most part, and this one seems to be bearing the brunt of the posts?

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Or we could create the various planning threads as sticky threads....

23. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I would say pick one as the "official planning thread" and make it sticky.

Keep the others open, we very rarely lock threads, that makes them go away eventually.

24. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh...yes.

25. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    That hurts our post count, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.