main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Motor Speedway - 500 miles of quick, redundant answers ;-)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Sebulba-X, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Do they send these to you if you ask or will we have to go to will call? Exactly how does will call work? Do we wait in line outside with everyone else to get in and then have to wait again just to get her ticket? Thanks.

Child passes (6-12 years old) are sold like the adult tickets...if you bought them before March 4, you should get them in the mail. Kids under 6, at least last time, if I recall correctly, just got to come in as long as they were with an adult. I don't know if that has changed at all.

Will Call works like any other Will Call area...it's its own line where you go to get your tickets by stating who you are (and proving it) to get your passes. At C2 you waited in one line outside, and then another inside...that might be different this time. If you have to go thru Will Call, try to come to Indy on Wednesday, as they'll have the ticket booth open then.

how much is the sale tax in Indiana?
    In general, sales tax on everything is 6%. There are other tourist taxes on rental cars, hotel rooms and the like, but I don't know what that is.

What's the easiest an cheapest way to get from the airport to the hotel?
    Check with your hotel and see if they offer a free shuttle service from the airport to downtown...if not, taxis run about $5-10 one way on that particular route.

You've told me before that Indiana doesn't use daylight savings. So in April will that mean Indy is an hour ahead or behind Central? thanks

Indiana/Indianapolis does not currently observe DST. At this moment we are on New York time. Our clocks don't change, but once everyone else does at the beginning of April, we'll be on Chicago time.

Oddly enough, this particular item looks like it could finally pass putting Indiana back into the 20th century with the rest of the country. I think it will be voted on in the next day or two. It's most likely that, should it pass, will stay on the Eastern time with New York, but I can't say that it would go into effect before this April.

Is the Colts shop still in the Circle Center mall?

Still there. Colts Pro-Shop Information

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Thanks for the link :)

3. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    how much is the sale tax in Indiana?
    In general, sales tax on everything is 6%. There are other tourist taxes on rental cars, hotel rooms and the like, but I don't know what that is.

Hotel tax rate is 12%

4. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    Info on badges for children under 6 from the C3 website:

Q: How much is a pass for children?

Children under the age of 6 are free when accompanied by an adult. We require that each person wears a badge, so please pick up a free children's badge at Customer Service on-site for your children if they are under 6. Badges for children 6 through 12 years old are $40 for a 4-day badge and $17 for a 1-day badge if purchased during pre-registration, and $50 for a 4-day and $20 for a 1-day if purchased at the show. Badges for children over 12 cost the full adult rate.

5. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    What times will the Will Call be open on Wed? We won't be getting to Indy until around 5 or 6p.m. Thanks.

6. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Will there be official CIII t-shirts for sale? Saw the first Celebration one but never saw CII shirt? How about patches, or bumber stickers"

Any major network tv crews going to cover the event? Shows like Access Hollywood, E!, Entertainmanet Tonight, The Insider, or Extra? I know that MTV was there to cover some guy and his dad, who was a 501st guy.

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    There will be loads of CIII paraphenilia. Hats, sweatshirts, shirts, loads of stuff.

And I wouldn't be surprised if at least local media covered the event. MTV was there for a special, I remember reading about.

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Here's the Wed & Thurs schedule:

Wednesday
    2 PM - 8 PM: Will-Call Booth Open
    5 PM - 8 PM: Registration Booth Open

Thursday (Noon to 10 PM)

9 AM - 8 PM - Registration & Will-Call Booth Open
    Noon: Doors open for Fan Club Members
    1 PM: Doors open for everyone

Noon - 8 PM: Exhibit Hall Open
    Noon - 8 PM: C3 Store Open
    Noon - 8 PM: Autograph Area Open
    1 PM - 8 PM: Art Show Open
    8:30 PM: Opening Ceremonies

There was all sorts of merchandise for C2, anything and everything, just like C1...except that what didn't sell was destroyed as many people complained that exclusive C1 stuff was later sold to anyone after the fact, thus ripping off the people at the convention that paid a premium. Anyway, there will be a cornicopia of ways to give LFL licensees your money at C3.

Everybody and their brother had a crew out for C2, as they did for C1, so, given the gawking factor for regular people at the end of the evening news, I would imagine they'll be back again. I know Anderson Cooper was out at C2 for CNN, and I was a bit miffed that I didn't see him, since my wife & I are/were huge Mole fans (he hosted). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Daily Show makes an appearance...someone should email Triumph, too.

9. obi-going_to_cel_III

obi-going_to_cel_III Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    So let me make sure i got this right. At the current time (pun intended :p) Indy will be on central time in april? and if this is passed, how will that change it? thanks :D

10. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    It didn't pass last nite, so come April, we will be on central time during C3.

Why does this only make sense to Indiana natives? ;)

The only REALLY weird thing is that the cable shows will be on central time but the network shows will be on eastern time on a delay, so if you were going to watch The Daily Show on Thursday it'd be on an hour earlier like we were in the central time zone, but if you were to watch CSI that nite it'd be on at 9 like we were in the eastern time zone.

Did I confuse everyone enough? Great.

11. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Every year I miss an episode of the Sopranos due to everyone else changing their time....I hate it.

The Indiana Legislature is really screwing around on a whole host of important issues at the moment, so while DST & the new Colts Stadium and other things missed the deadline to be passed in the House, apparently they can still be passed as amendments to items that come over from the Indiana Senate (or something like that).

The safe bet at the moment is that Indianapolis & Central Indiana will be on Central Time come Celebration 3. If DST passes, I shall make it's own thread to party like it's 1918.

12. ahawk12

ahawk12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Quick ?? So I have been looking for an updated schedule of C3 and I can't seem to locate one. Even as simple as the Con hours and such. I know that things are not finalized yet, but anyone have something going as a tenative schedule? Or is there one at the official sites and I just can't find it?

13. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    I need to add to it, but here's what I already have:

Current Schedule
    Wednesday
    2 PM - 8 PM: Will-Call Booth Open
    5 PM - 8 PM: Registration Booth Open

Thursday (Noon to 10 PM)

9 AM - 8 PM - Registration & Will-Call Booth Open
    Noon: Doors open for Fan Club Members
    1 PM: Doors open for everyone

Noon - 8 PM: Exhibit Hall Open
    Noon - 8 PM: C3 Store Open
    Noon - 8 PM: Autograph Area Open
    1 PM - 8 PM: Art Show Open
    8:30 PM: Opening Ceremonies

Friday (9 AM to Midnight)

9 AM - 7 PM - Registration & Will-Call Booth Open
    9 AM: Doors open for Fan Club Members
    10 AM: Doors open for everyone

9 AM - 7 PM: Exhibit Hall Open
    9 AM - 8 PM: C3 Store Open
    9 AM - 8 PM: Autograph Area Open
    10 AM - 6 PM: Art Show Open
    7 PM - Midnight: FAN PARTY!! - Hyatt Regency

Saturday (9 AM to Midnight)

8 AM - 7 PM - Registration & Will-Call Booth Open

9 AM - 7 PM: Exhibit Hall Open
    9 AM - 8 PM: C3 Store Open
    9 AM - 8 PM: Autograph Area Open
    10 AM - 6 PM: Art Show Open

Sunday (9 AM to 4 PM)

8 AM - 2 PM - Registration & Will-Call Booth Open

9 AM - 4 PM: Exhibit Hall Open
    9 AM - 4 PM: C3 Store Open
    9 AM - 4 PM: Autograph Area Open
    10 AM - 4 PM: Art Show Open

14. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    The safe bet at the moment is that Indianapolis & Central Indiana will be on Central Time come Celebration 3. If DST passes, I shall make it's own thread to party like it's 1918.

[face_laugh]

So, they're going to move the time zone line further east to include Indianapolis??

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "So, they're going to move the time zone line further east to include Indianapolis??"

No, we're in the Eastern Time Zone year round, but effectively, since we do not change our clocks, we go out of sync with the rest of the Eastern Time Zone when Daylight savings kicks in, and the Central time zone changes their clocks ahead to match ours (if your a Hoosier ego maniac).

16. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    BroHalo, Selbulba-X, thanks for the replies.

There will be loads of CIII paraphenilia. Hats, sweatshirts, shirts, loads of stuff.

And I wouldn't be surprised if at least local media covered the event. MTV was there for a special, I remember reading about

There was all sorts of merchandise for C2, anything and everything, just like C1...except that what didn't sell was destroyed as many people complained that exclusive C1 stuff was later sold to anyone after the fact, thus ripping off the people at the convention that paid a premium. Anyway, there will be a cornicopia of ways to give LFL licensees your money at C3.

Everybody and their brother had a crew out for C2, as they did for C1, so, given the gawking factor for regular people at the end of the evening news, I would imagine they'll be back again. I know Anderson Cooper was out at C2 for CNN, and I was a bit miffed that I didn't see him, since my wife & I are/were huge Mole fans (he hosted). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Daily Show makes an appearance...someone should email Triumph, too.

I attempted some e-mails to Access Hollywood, ET, E!, Extra, and The Insider...not holding my breath. I know E! does the Red Carpet Premiere and MTV did the Skywalker Ranch premiere so those are covered. Didn't know CNN's Anderson Cooper went to CII?! I'm more a Fox News Channel guy but yeah, Cooper is cool. Being an FNC guy you can tell I'm no John Stewart viewer :D

17. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Do they hand out the freebies in a bag like at ComicCon? Also,is the souvenir program free or do you have to purchase it? I would like more than one copy since I just found out that SW/LFL artist Joe Corroney, who also is a native son of Indy, is doing the coverart for CIII.

18. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    "Do they hand out the freebies in a bag like at ComicCon? Also,is the souvenir program free or do you have to purchase it? I would like more than one copy since I just found out that SW/LFL artist Joe Corroney, who also is a native son of Indy, is doing the coverart for CIII."

There were freebie bags at C2, which seems to be the norm for things like this. The Official Program at C2 was $10, and I highly doubt they'll be any cheaper this go around.

19. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I don't know any other place to ask this in (since this thread has "redundant" in the title :p ) but I've been wondering how to break the news to my parents about the autograph coupons lol. My mom's really happy that Billy Dee is gonna be there, but I know she and my dad won't be too fond of having to pay to get to the autograph area. For a while now I've been trying to think of a good, legit reason to give them on why you have to get the coupons. Any ideas?

20. BC_Eagles_67

BC_Eagles_67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    There was an NBA player this year that complained that he couldn't feed his family on several million dollars a year.. can you imagine how bad poor Billy D. has it? He hasn't been in a decent film in YEARS! He needs the money.. poor guy.

21. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    ummm... Tell them, cause that's the way it is and that you didn't set the policy and if you had your way it would all be included in the admission fee.

Or you could just play dumb until you get there and act totally shocked once you get there :)

But of course that might be of the dark side, yes?

Doc

22. scott1701

scott1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm at the Hyatt and know pretty much where I'll be eating for lunch and dinner; but, are there any decent restaraunts for breakfast nearby (after I park Thursday, don't want to drive until Sunday; though not adverse to occasional taxi)? Something along the lines of a Bob Evan's or Perkins.

Thanks,
    Scott

23. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    LOL Doc!!!

ummm... Tell them, cause that's the way it is and that you didn't set the policy and if you had your way it would all be included in the admission fee.

[Qui-Gon] I wish that were so!

Or you could just play dumb until you get there and act totally shocked once you get there

I've thought about that too, but I think that would make their reaction even worse. [face_worried]

24. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Only 31 days left until Celebration III!!! =P~

I hope everyone gets there badges soon and goodness sake start getting ready!!!

25. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Selbuba-X- cool that there will be freebie bags. At ComicCon and at most comic book cons, the programs are free but I can understand that the SW programs would have to be paid for. I'd still like to get an extra copy.

Darth Lucanas- I hear ya. My luggage is actually just about packed and ready for the flight. btw I'm not from New England but I'm a Patriots fan since 1993. Its funny that the farthest north I've been to was actually Philly :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.