main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by IEatPoodoo, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Inspired (and depressed) by the couples thread, I've decided to start one for the rest of us lonely geeks. Where better to meet others who share similar passions and interests than at the biggest Star Wars con ever? Even if you're not interested in settling down into something serious, this could be a great opportunity to meet a new friend or online buddy. I'll start by saying I'll be 21 at C3 and I'm from Chicago. I took my (at the time) girlfriend to C2, plus I was only 18, so I didn't get a chance to find any interesting places to go after the convention hours (besides the TGIFridays in the Marriott Courtyard and the mall). If anyone has any suggestions for a good bar/club/bookstore for single Star Wars fans to socialize, please use this thread to post them.

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm up for it. I'm 23 and from Boise, Idaho. I know all the guys going down with me would be interested. We should arrange something.
    "For those looking for romance and adventure, come to CIII and experience total geekdom!"
    So what's the plan?

3. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    Well, I was thinking we could pick a couple locations, places that would be fun and easy to get to from the convention center. These places could include a bowling alley, a pool hall, a dance club, a bar, a coffee shop for people interested in meeting in the morning... Anywhere that would be a comfortable environment to meet other singles. Then we could pick days and times that would be good for people to get together outside of their planned convention time. We could have a few hour window, so those with other activities can come and go as they wish. Like, "Club Obi-Wan, Thursday and Saturday nights, 8PM until midnight." I think that would probably be the best way to do it... Any suggestions?

Now all we have to do is get some women interested in this idea...

4. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Another pathetic single male here. [face_plain]

I'm sure there will be people to meet though.:)

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Hey, just cuz some of us are married doesn't mean we don't want to meet new people =p
    And that has got to be the coolest handle, IEatPoodoo!
    ROFL

6. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'm already trying to get together a group to meet at Jillian's. I don't know if this might also be condusive to a singles gathering.

7. Elysia

Elysia Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    A single gal here that is interested in meeting up with some other SW singles.

8. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    "I'm already trying to get together a group to meet at Jillian's. I don't know if this might also be condusive to a singles gathering."

I'm not single but I think I'm going to Jillian's.

My advice is to not focus too much on having goals for meeting other single Star Wars fans. In an event like this there is so much going on and so many people you're going to meet. I think there is a chance you will meet someone you really click with, but it will only raise the tension levels if you go into it with that intention.

9. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Not to mention the distance thing can be a barrier for people coming from opposite ends of the country. Don't get me wrong I think its a great idea, being single and all, even though Glymmer won my undying affection at C2. hehehe :)

Wait. Does this mean we need to make nametags for the singles thing too?! SHEESH!

John

10. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm single for the moment!

11. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    lonely single female SW fan here saying that I would be up for that I would like to meet other single fans

12. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    On top of the mall is the coolest thing ever! Four clubs in one, all connected by a door. One cover charge gets you into all four. We had the BEST time there!!!!!

13. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    im not tring to be mean.. or cocky or anything.. but

dont you think it would be a high male to female ratio..

the party on friday may work better. just cuz alot of people will be there.. as apose to 40 males tring to pick up 2 girls.

but if im wrong.. that cool..

14. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    That is the story of geek-life, my friend.
    ;)

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    as apose to 40 males tring to pick up 2 girls.

Oh Blisssssss! [face_laugh]

16. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hehe *agrees with Breezy* [face_devil]

17. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Your underestimation of the guy/girl geek ration is your weakness...

18. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Id me more then happy, to be wrong on this..

:D

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    This will be...interesting.

20. IEatPoodoo

Aug 11, 2000
    "And that has got to be the coolest handle, IEatPoodoo!"

Thank you very much!

"My advice is to not focus too much on having goals for meeting other single Star Wars fans. In an event like this there is so much going on and so many people you're going to meet. I think there is a chance you will meet someone you really click with, but it will only raise the tension levels if you go into it with that intention."

I always go into each social event with the intention of meeting someone I really click with and I never feel any tension. If you feel an arranged get together would be too tense, you don't have to attend. I set this thread up for SW fans actively seeking other single fans... I know they're out there...

"lonely single female SW fan here saying that I would be up for that I would like to meet other single fans"

"A single gal here that is interested in meeting up with some other SW singles."

See? ;)

"as apose to 40 males tring to pick up 2 girls."

[Triumph] Who have no idea how to please them. [/Triumph]

The ratio is looking pretty good as of now... We'll just have to wait and see how it turns out...

Any more suggestions for a place to hang out? Tell me more about this top of the mall club...

Edit: "I'm already trying to get together a group to meet at Jillian's. I don't know if this might also be condusive to a singles gathering."

When is your gathering? I want to try and plan the singles gathering so it won't prohibit anyone from attending yours, or the big party on Friday.

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    What hotel is everyone staying at? My group is at the Best Western.

22. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    When is your gathering? I want to try and plan the singles gathering so it won't prohibit anyone from attending yours, or the big party on Friday.

I was going to try for Thursday evening. I just thought we could have one big event (singles and couples alike) but I guess that might defeat the purpose.

23. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I am staying at The Quality Inn near the airport. Sadly its just me I don't really have a group I am associated with

24. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well there's also Saturday... ;)

25. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I may have to check this out LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.