main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 site Crashed!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by SalaciousBCrumb, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I really doubt there would be a problem with badges, as far as I know there's no limit, and despite our experience there at CII, we will not fill the convention center (there are much larger conventions than this, believe it or not.

The reason everyone is trying to register today is not badges, it's hotel rooms.

You can order your badge the week before if you want.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I highly doubt there will be a limited number of badges. They will still be selling them at the door.

Luckily I made a room reservation months ago but was hoping to get a new one through the fan club at a more reasonable price. Alas, I haven't even been able to register with GenCon yet either.

C'est la vie....

3. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I've been experiencing gateway timeouts and errors as well, very frustrating. I was able to register at the GenCon site but everytime I try to puchase CIII tickets it times out... :(

4. Handmaiden_Sabe

Handmaiden_Sabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2002
    This is just insane...I was refreshing and found out about the need to register not only YOURSELF but any guest you were going to buy a ticket for about 20 minutes before noon... thankfully I was able to get registered but getting tickets has been a joke. 3.5hrs so far...

What on earth possessed GenCon to open up registration 20 min before passes went on sale???? Did they not have a single network geek there telling them they had a 'bad feeling' about that?! Honestly!

I think I'd rather be sitting on the phone.

5. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I am still trying to log in..web site not responding.
    All this would have been a non problem if we had been informed of having to register with gencon. I thought we were buying through C3 site.
    I also got the software error and sent the message to them.

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Finally. Got the topper and the 4 day badge. :D

7. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    how long did it take you Jeff?

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'd been trying since a half hour before it even was supposed to be open.

Once I got to the page to add my badge, things went a lot quicker.

Also, there seem to be plenty of hotel rooms still open.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I managed to get my badge and hotel reserved too. Took me over 3 hours (I also started early, around 2:45pm), but eventually it all went through.

I know it's hard to be patient, and it's hard not to get frustrated, but since there's nothing you can do to change the situation you might as well keep hitting refresh/reload/back with a smile on your face. :)

(easy to say, in retrospect, because I definitely wasn't smiling myself ;) )

10. anakin_skywalker_vi

anakin_skywalker_vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2003
    finally .. finally i got my badges!!! and it only took 3 and half hours

11. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    well I finally got logged in but now i am stuck at the 'buy the badge' link. 3.5hrs and clocking :)
    I click on it and it keeps saying the web site is not responding.

12. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    <takes out big hammer and smashes GenCon upside the head> [face_frustrated]

13. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    All this just to give these guys a hundred bucks?

14. Isildur_42

Isildur_42 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    I hear ya, I got registered at 12:16 and am still trying to buy my pass...these accesses are side by side, sand people always access single file, to hide their numbers.

15. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    There's just no hiding these numbers.

16. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Its a good thing that I booked my room back in April. Because if I did not right now i would be on pissed of person.

I first tried at 3:30 est time and keep getting the reload page. So I came back 3 hours later and tries agin. An once agin I got the reload page.

With what happened with ShopStarWars.com you think that some one would have learned there leason. :mad:

The only thing we can do is keep trying. Maybe Wednesday things will be better. [face_laugh]

17. lomion

lomion Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2004
    It looks like the main problem is with the Gencon reg site. The C III site is ok for me right now.

Luckily I waited a few hours and got in fairly smoothly, only took me about 30 minutes total.

18. qingauk

Jul 12, 2002
    I am still logged in but cannot get past the link for 'buy your badge' it is nearly five hours and I am afraid to logg out and not be able to get back in so I keep clicking the refresh and get 'web site not responding'.

AWK!! THEY LOGGED ME OUT! FIVE HOURS AND NO BADGE.. :(

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow -- now I'm getting a software error when I get to the "add to cart" page. Lovely.

20. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I was FINALLY able to get my badge and hotel. I wish all of you the best of luck in dealing with that website. There's no excuse for this Gencon. You should have been ready.

21. Anakinsaprentice

Anakinsaprentice Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    I think I'll try tomorrow...If I register now I'll probably be here until at least midnight before I get my pass and a room!!!...For a convention of this size, you'd think they would have been a little better prepared!!!...

22. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    &^%& ****ing *&^%$ ()&&&^* &$$holes *&^!@

:mad:

23. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    Is this fun or what.

And it only coast 100 dollars to play :D

24. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I got the software error message, too, after several server time outs.

I'm sorry, why the [CENSORED] do I need a login name from GenCon? And after I get one I have to buy the registration separately? And why do you need TWO PAGES to register a [CENSORED] user name!? Grrr... I'm telling you, this will be my first and ONLY Celebration!!!

25. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    well,I finally almost made it all the way through after have been trying to do it since 12:00 PST. BUT !!! Then I get to the payment processing part and get the software error.

now i can't get re-signed in. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.