main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3 Tickets For Non-US Fans

Discussion in 'Archive: Sweden' started by jedi_master_sal, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Here's an article and the link that explains in GenCon's words why they are not shipping Tickets overseas.

C3 Tickets For Non-US Fans

From GenCon and Lucasfilm:

"There are actually many reasons for not shipping outside the US. We ran across these problems with our other conventions and wanted to streamline it so everyone was getting their purchased products. The first reason is timing. We don't ship until after the pre-registration period is over. This only gives the items 5 weeks to be packaged, sorted and shipped. We do the fulfillment in-house and with only a staff of 9 and some temps it takes us some time to assemble all the packets. The next reason is cost. In order to send out of the US we would have to not only create all the packets but sort them to where they were being shipped to. Once they were sorted we would have to pay the extra varying amounts to send them. The final reason is there are some customs issues in some countries. We had some packets held since they weren't just letter type mail. We made this decision to hold them at Will Call so those coming in from other countries wouldn't have to worry about these things. We want to make this as seamless as possible for all. We also open Will Call a day before the convention starts so you won't be missing out on anything.

As an added note, the currently scheduled hours for Will Call on Wednesday April 20th are 2 PM to 8 PM. Folks should check starwars.com and starwarscelebration.com for any schedule updates before the show."

Here's the link:
    http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=59836

Hope this helps, or at least explains things. (don't blame me, I'm just the messenger) ha ha

-Sal

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Thanks for showing us that, Sal! :)

Yeah, I can see the problems with shipping with customs and so... and since they're opening Will Call the day before I'm not complaining. I just hope everything will work so we don't get there and they tell us "a booking? nah, I don't see no booking..." :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.