main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation C3PO And R2D2 May Be The Only OS Characters Included?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by G-FETT, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I have always viewed C3PO and R2 as integral to the Star Wars Saga, if for no other reason they represent continuity troughout. IMHO, C3PO was designed to be a comic foil, and R2 the unsung hero. I hope these roles remain intact in the ST

2. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    You have to have Artoo, he saves the day in every Star Wars movie. Everyone will die if he isn't there ;-)

3. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I think with Michael Arndt writing the screenplay, you don't have to worry about that at all

4. kevmp

kevmp Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2011
    I hate to quote post ROTJ EU novels, as they may likely be ignored in the sequels, but the answer to that is yes. They discovered Artoo's holorecordings of Anakin and Padme imbedded deep in his memory (it was a fail safe implemented by Bail Organa so no one else would discover his knowledge) about 35 years after A New Hope. Check "The Dark Nest" trilogy of books. I can see that idea being used in the ST, his memories were not erased for a reason...possibly to lead up to the olddddddd idea that Artoo tells the story of the Skywalkers to the "Keeper of the Whills" 100 years after ROTJ

5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    If you lend any credence to the EU, then not really. For the most part he hid recordings of everything from Luke. Luke eventually got to see a scene or two with Anakin and Padme, but it took enormous prying to get R2 to reveal anything.

6. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I dare say the characters will already have some of the knowledge when E7 starts.

7. jedimikey

jedimikey Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 21, 2012
    Artoo and Threepio will definately be in the ST. GL already said as much.

It's very likely we'll see other new 'droids as well, such as Jaina's R2 unit.

Industrial Automaton...the CEO's of the company should get medals...R2-D2 is the true hero of the movies. How many times has he saved the main character's lives?

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Haven't read past the first page, but I vaguely remember the interview, and I hope Lucas sticks to the idea.

9. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I recall what you're talking about, G-FETT. If I remember right, he was referring to the entire saga is to be told through the droids perspective. The whole story was an account of what they had witnessed during a certain period of time. As if the players come and go, but the story they tell continues. Something like the movies are a story telling told hundreds or more years after the events happened. I also recall that he had an original idea of 12 movies following this motif. Just going from memory.

I see no reason not to continue with this idea. It's worked so far. Except that Anakin created 3PO.. ugh..