main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C3PO's Loyality

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Anonx, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonx

Anonx Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    If C3PO found out that Vader is his creator, would he betray the rebels & join him? Just something I was wondering after thinking of the way he keeps saying "Thank the Maker".

Edit: Can a mod please change the title to "C3PO's Loyality".

Note: I accidently posted this topic before the title was finished (much less the post itself) so I had to edit it a lot.

2. Anonx

Anonx Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    I wonder if my topic was hurt by the messed up title...

3. PalpatineAntikristos

PalpatineAntikristos Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    C3P0 is a droid of convenience: he follows whomever he thinks is his master of the moment, whether it is Anakin, Captain Antilles or Luke. I suspect it would make no difference if he found out Anakin was "the Maker" because his current master would be Luke. As any droid, he is governed by programming, whether created by Anakin or reconfigured later, and he "must obey his master".

Edit: double quotation removed

4. Zee Zee

Zee Zee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    IMO, C3P0 using the phrase "thank the maker" was simply GL's method of circumventing the English exclamation "thank God" and other variations which use or express religious icons/symbols/beliefs. It is GLs way of making his Universe NOT our Universe. Religion is not discussed in SW (nor is it mentioned - with the single exception of the Ewoks because they were supposed to represent primative lifeforms) and this is intentional by GL for the same reason as above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.