main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C4 Flight Information

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tk-627

tk-627 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2005
    The flight leaving Calgary changed... it's a different flight number, and earlier...

07:00 Wed 23-May 2007 Flight:AC568
    Seat: 21A

17:35 Tue 29-May 2007 Flight:AC573
    Seat: 18D

2. bobajay

bobajay Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2006
    nicole & I's(bobajay) seats are now 18d/18e just to let you know:D

3. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Are people booking/purchasing their tickets online, through Air Canada, or elsewhere?

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I think most of us booked online with Air Canada. Dooks used his aeroplan miles to book. I know me and Yrol booked online.

5. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Looks like we all got bumped to the 7am flight. I guess they got rid of the united flight we were all going to be flying on.

6. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    New seat going down is 21F and coming back 18C (didn't change).

7. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    UA 8167 operated by AIR CANADA to LA
    May 23
    6:45am seat 16A
    8:55 LA

UA 8304 operated by AIR CANADA to Calgary
    May 29
    5:35pm seat 14A
    9:30pm Calgary

8. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I just booked mine today! WOOT!

I was going to get the connection through Calgary to be on the same flight as all of you, but that adds a couple of hours travel time for me which is kinda gross. So looks like I'm flying on my own.....eek!

I don't get in to LA until 10:23 but since we won't be able to likely check in until some time in the afternoon I guess later is not such a bad thing. I'll have to figure out a way to hook up with you guys once I get there!

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Great to hear your going to be joining us.

10. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome aboard Angela! Very happy to hear you're coming! Do you have a room at the Sheraton too?

11. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yep....booked that awhile ago so I wouldn't miss out.

12. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    Just out of curiosity, how many people booked a "Latitude" ticket, and how many booked the much cheaper "Tango Plus" ticket?

I'm trying to decide if the "Latitude" is worth the extra cost. Yes, I know that that one allows complete refunds. Is there any other useful difference?

13. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I just went tango plus. I'm not refunding anything. I'm going if it kills me or them.

14. Jedi_Ranger_007

Mar 15, 2004
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST purchased my ticket(s)!

LOL - There were only about 7 seats left on the return flight, but the first flight is only about 1/2 full!

Anyway:
    Flight
    AC568 -> Calgary to LA -> Wed.May23 @ 0700hrs....seat 18F
    AC573 -> LA to Calgary -> Tue.May29 @ 1735hrs....seat 18B

So, who am I sitting with? It looks like people have been doing a musical chairs, as at least 1 seat was listed as empty, though someone here claimed it.

Oh, a question for the others that bought their tickets online: how/when/where do I get my tickets?

15. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Kris great to hear now it's official how many days now so so close.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    It's an electronic ticket. Print out the confirmation page and bring it with with you to the airport. When you check in that morning, you just have to show them the printout and your ID and you're good to go.

Welcome aboard Kris!

17. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Kris, we're return flight seat buddies! I'm in 20A going there, 18A return.

18. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I just got off the phone with AC.

The flight schedule has Changed Again. Still the same flight number AC568 but the time is now 7:50AM(depart) 10am Arrive.
    The Flight from LA has not changed at all.

I asked why I never got an email on this and she said nobody had yet. So Everybody Must log in and Reprint your electronic ticket. Your Seat Selection is still the same, so don't worry there. I'll keep checking every once and a while to see if there are any changes.

19. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up Ryan it sucks that we leave later now so looks like no Phantom Menace for sure and possible a part of AOTC :_|.

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Ya never know they may change it again.

21. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    I may be staying at a Coast Hotel or Fairmont. I'll know more this week.

22. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    I'm in a little bit of a dilema.....

When I booked my flight I couldn't find the flight that you were all on so I decided to fly straight to LA on my own. Afterwards I read (and wished I had been smart enough to check here first) that you guys had been switched to a different flight number, which was why I couldn't find it.

I can still get on both flights coming and going with you all - of course connecting from Edmonton. My dilema is this.....while I would MUCH rather be at LAX with a group rather than on my own, it adds about 2 hours to my day of travelling each way. Also.....that means one more flight that my luggage has an opportunity to go to Hawaii instead of to LA with me. Ugh....I really don't want to fly on my own....I'm not good at flying at all.....

23. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Oh Ang - we'd LOVE to have you fly with us! :D It's going to be so much fun! I can totally understand your dilemma though - you're taking a lot of important stuff in your luggage and it makes for a longer day.

I haven't flown with Air Canada in years. Mostly because their customer service SUCKS. I only agreed to fly with them this time because of Dooks (you owe us man!). The fact that they keep changing the flight time, messing up our plans and schedules, REALLY MAKES ME MAD :mad: . I will NEVER fly them again. I just got the email from them, informing me of the new 'updated' travel itinerary. The message on the bottom, ironically states 'The freedom to fly your own way'. My own way? Bullpucky! [face_frustrated] I'm going to call the customer service number and give them a piece of my VERY unhappy mind. I suggest you all might want to do the same.

24. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    United did the same thing to us last year going to Atlanta. I guess I just expect it.

It's actually cheaper for me to fly through Calgary. Even paying the stupid $40 change fee. As for their customer service.....good luck. I couldn't find a way to reach them yesterday that didn't involve a $20 charge for getting help with something I supposidly could do online. Grrrrrrr.......

25. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Just a FYI, for those of you flying into LAX, there is an express shuttle service from the airport to Union Station (which connect to the Metro line that goes right past the Sheraton for those of you staying there) that only costs $3/trip. This is much cheaper than a shuttle bus or cab, is more reliable especially in rush hour traffic, runs on average every 30 minutes and stops at every terminal at the airport.

For more information, check out http://www.lawa.org/flyAwayInfo2.cfm
    Feel free to PM me any questions you may have about LA too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.