C4 Flight Information

Discussion in 'Calgary, AB' started by Dooks, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL Jedi Knight

star 2
    I totally agree with you Yrol! Air Canada has changed things three times for us. Just a tad annoying!:mad: That is why I usually do not fly with them. westjet has way better customer service. Oh well I guess we are stuck with them.
  2. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Also I guess we wouldn't be seeing the flight change so much if we didn't book so far in advance. And us being totally excited to go and checking the flight every week. ( or is that just me).
  3. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Steve.....

But if one were to say have......all kinds of luggage etc. and be on their own.....how easy is it to ride the shuttle and then have to switch over to the metro?? How much are we talking for the shuttle bus or a cab from LAX to the Sheraton?
  4. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    We were looking at booking with Supershuttle, Ang. It's $15 each way (and this one goes right to the Sheraton). You can book an entire van for $67 - it seats 7 people and their luggage. That's what our room and Prelude's room are doing - I just haven't done it yet as I want to make sure our flight details don't change again.

There's lots of information on the general boards, under Celebration 4 thread, regarding this option and others, if anyone interested in checking it out.
  5. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    At the moment....my flight gets in 20 minutes after yours, so I'd love to be able to hook up with you guys and travel to the hotel together.
  6. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Supershuttle may be the way to go if you can get a good deal for everyone. As far as regular cab or shuttle costs, you might be looking upwards of $30 (but I hope not). The trick with cabs is to have them charge per distance, not time (especially if traffic gets bad). If your luggage has wheels, or can be carried by one person without the use of a cart, then the Metro is easy. If that isn't the case however, it might be worth the few extra dollars for a shuttle. SuperShuttle (also known in LA as the Blue Van) is the most recommended of the shuttle bus companies, and usually the cheapest. I think directly from LAX to the Convention Center is $15/person regular rate.
  7. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Supershuttle would be the way to go for me, since I'm at the Figueroa, right across the street from the convention center.
  8. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Frankly, $30 or $40 bucks on a cab is worth it to me rather than struggling with luggage in a strange city on my own. Hopefully though I can hook up with everyone on the shuttle thingy.

Thanks SOOOOOO much for the info Steve. This makes me feel a lot more at ease. I've never done this travel on my own thing before.
  9. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    No problem. It's the one thing I can do since moving down here from Alberta last summer.... scout out the area and give everyone a heads up. ;)
  10. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Just a reminder to log in and reprint your electronic ticket. The flight has not changed and we still leave at 7:50. Once again thats so far...... I hope they don't change it this close.
  11. DarthJaeger Jedi Master

star 1
    Is anyone going to be on this flight:

AC570 WED 23 May 2007
    Departing 12:05
    Arriving 14:15

If so we should meet up somewhere. If not, i guess it's just me! Whee!

Justin

12. ShatirLavan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys, I know this is last minute, but apparently the airport shuttle service is no longer running. Is there anyone who can pick me and 2 big pieces of luggage up tomorrow morning at UofC from 5-5:30 in time for the morning flight? I can chip in for the parking, since I know how killer it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.