main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA C4 Hotels

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by rizzo3232, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    I am writing to see if anyone has got there hotel for C4? I reserved mine today. I know I am not in the fan club. But I would love to join.'
    Alot of hotels are already sold out for the days.
    Well hope to meet you all soon.

2. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well if they are booked it seems people have called in the reservations cause i cant do it on line yet. it is nice to meet you

ldv we should probably try and get a group discount and maybe drive up there or we can all go in a rented van you know like one of the vans the olympic teams used while they were here it hold the front 2 seat and then 3 rows of seat .that would save some money let me know bro cause we need to get a table if we can i can see it know "THE S.V.R.F." chapter in china .....just kidding

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hi Guys,

I posted this on San Diego yesterday, but since you are wondering about hotels....

Well, latest hotel update. After being told I could book a room, they now inform me (and I called about 4 places) that ALL of them have a 100% hold on the rooms and rooms will ONLY be able to be booked through a Housing Service. NO rooms have been booked at the hotels in question. Plus there will be a "substantial financial penalty" (they're quote) if they attempt to book one. So no one has a room at any of the close hotels...they even checked their computers to make sure... But everyone said they would get ahold of me as soon as they got the info on who is handling the rooms and when the bookings could start.

Gonna be a bleed'n madhouse!

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I think I'll just stay at my Mom's house and commute.
    *thinks about the commute into LA on any given NON-convention day and shudders*

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, my LAST resort is asking my uncle if I can crash at his place in West Hollywood.

Maybe he can drop me off every morning in his squad car... [face_thinking]

Gotta love LAPD relatives. ;)

6. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I don't understand. [face_blush] so there are not rooms now? or there are rooms but you can't book one right now? :confused:

Did I miss the rooms time? :_|

7. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i got n email from gencon and she told me that they will have prices and rooms in the middle of july so i am not sure they also need volunteers to work and things.if anyone is interested let me know i will send you the link

8. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    Can u post a link
    Thanks

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    There ARE rooms right now.. entire hotels full of them. But what we can't do is book them right now. There is a block on anyone booking any rooms. (One of the teacher's I work with tried to book one during that time for a vacation...no dice...told the same thing. Everything was blocked out for the SW convention). So, as soon as they release the date when we can book, figure it is going to be like ComicCon.. a rush for the phones and for computers and first come first served and hope to the Force you don't get bumped off line or put on hold forever... :(

Hope this explains it a bit better

10. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    For All the Rogue's I know: I will be living in LA as of August this year. Please keep in mind that my place would be a free alternative to hotels when C4 comes around.

11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Everything was blocked out for the SW convention). :(

I am leaving to San Diego this August.

I was in a hotel next to Stapples last year, if I knew. Is expense but near to the convention. :oops:

12. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    found a hotel it is 2 blocks away but it is 170 a night but for upto 3 people in the room

13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    R2, where in LA will you be (read: how far from the convention center?). If you are closer than my mom's place (most likely) then I may take you up on that offer. I'd rather only commute 20 minutes than an hour or more to the con.

14. R2-Tattoo

R2-Tattoo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2005
    I am most likely going to be in Long Beach.

15. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I am going to call again next week. Is only me and my 10 years old son. He will be 11 next year. I need also buy the tickets for the train trip. Something around 23 and leaving the the 29. Amtrak does not sell tickets for the next year till July. I think. :confused:

Hopes I can meet finally anyone from Sacramento. :)

16. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    If they run it like they have all of the other conventions that we have attended, the rooms will become available to ticket buyers as soon as tickets are able to be purchased. We received a passcode that let the organization that was handling hotel bookings for all the hotels know that we were actual ticket purchasers and should receive rooms before other people inquiring into rooms. You are given choices in rooms sizes, suites, etc. That is why the whole area is blocked out. They are being reserved for actual fans. :) This is suppose to be one of the perks of being fan club members. I would be patient if I was you and not stress on a your rooms yet. We have always gotten great hotels at great rates at each of the conventions. It was never a problem. :)

17. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    my wife said tonight i ight be able to go so when tickets are ready someone email me or call my cell phone

18. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    Lightsabers up,
    We might want to keep our eye on this hotel for C4.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/search/hotel_detail.html?propertyID=1598

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Looks good to me. I am all for staying there. Anyone else?

20. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I'm for it!

21. x_jedi1

x_jedi1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 27, 2005
    Very nice!

22. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    How close to the center is this and are there hotels that are blocked out closer. It is real nice to have your hotel within a block or two as you go back during the day to drop off goodies and to just catch your breath. You would need to be prepared to buy the tickets to the convention right away and not wait as that will give us access to all of those blocked out rooms and we can make our choice out of many at that time. We need to have a plan on purchasing the tickets and possibly reserving the rooms as a block if we are all wanting to stay in the same hotel. The closet hotels go first. This should probably be something that we plan at the the next meeting. We need to have a meeting prior to the tickets going on sale in late summer/early fall so that we can coordinate. :) These hotels will still not open reservations at a later date. You have to go through the organization that has them blocked (Gencon). We could maybe have one person help to coordinate the trip and the reservations and then we would all be on the same page. Just an idea. I just hate to fly by the seat of my pants for big events like this. :)

23. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Well I'm going to kep trying for wither the Downtown Marriott or the Bonaventure Hotel. Both of them are on Figueroa. BUt the bookings are still blocked. And I'm not paying inflated price for a hotel. Last year, we paid $59 a night for the Courtyard across the street from the Indy convention center.

24. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I spent two nights in that hotel when I went to Dres.... a Galaxy.

So how can I get a room there now if shows not rooms, but because is blocked?

The hotel is very nice. Please let me know if I can be part of the deal. :)
    I am going with my son who will be 11 by 2007. You are welcome to PM me.

Thank you.

I bocked another hotel but I found is dirty and a old part of the Los Angeles.

25. Nasus_Sivad

Jan 19, 2006
    We got great rooms also at Indy. $82.00 a night for a suite at the HIlton. 3 of us stayed at that price and we were only a block and half a way. We will be going through the Gencon process as I would rather make sure I have conveinant rooms, etc and can enjoy the event rather than worrying and stressing on where I will stay. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.