main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C4 Housing & Planning

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hey Everyone,

Starting this thread as the place to get things organized as we plan for the big event this coming May. Basically topic 1 will be housing and where people plan on staying, who's bunking with who, and all that good stuff. Let's try and get this finalized in the next day or two so we can move on to other topics like t-shirt's, badges, and all that other fun stuff that goes along with this great trip.

2. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Ok here?s how things shape up right now as far as roommates go at the Sheraton:

Room 1: Prelude, Yango, Darth Dave, Montross
    Room 2: Echoseven, StacyD, Starkiller, Dooks
    Room 3: DarthJager, BobaJay, Lexial, 1 FREE SPACE
    Room 4: Sithatheart (By herself I believe)
    Room 5: Dr.Haggis/Veritate

Wilshire:
    Room 1: ShatirLavan + 2

Figueroa:
    Room 1: vaderssmistress

Now for those that want to move to the Sheraton maybe try and see if you can book there as it?s been a few days and there could be cancellations. Also for those still not sure about going and need time to think about it there is a room for 2 at the Marriott so please let me know if your still looking for a room as this one is available but might fill up but I?ll keep you posted. Also like Lexial posted there is room for 2 at the Wilshire so rooms are covered just let us know if you need a place to hang your head.

Anyone that wants to get on board please make sure you have your 4 day pass and if you don?t have one please get one. If you are still thinking about this trip you have time but the sooner the better is ideal.

This trip is going to be great so don?t get yourself stressed about it as it is 7 months away communication is the key so any issues let?s address them ASAP. Fun remember this trip is meant to be fun not stressful ok cool.

3. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    "I think I just sharted."

4. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    My bad forgot to finish writing your handle.

5. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    It's all good, buddy.

6. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Okay....I'm at the Sheraton too!

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Ang are you rooming with someone?.

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Just a heads up, the Sheraton is a little more than 2 blocks away from the Convention Center. The good news is that it's less than a block away from the Metro station which is one station up from the Convention Center.
    Let me know if there's anything I can answer or track down for you guys now that I'm currently living in Southern California...

9. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Too true. The Sheraton is 0.76 of a mile, approximately 7 blocks away.

User ValedaKor did a bunch of recce in June of the LA hotels. The Sheraton info is here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_4/b10611/24111206/p1/?0

The rest of the resource is here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/fanforce_star_wars_celebration_iv/b10611/24211222/p1/?0

10. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Not yet.....I'm going to see if my husband wants to come down....but if he doesn't I'll be looking for a roomie....or roomies.....

11. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    We do have a couple of rooms for two if you need one just let us know. Good to see some info on the area which can help us plan the best methods of transportation and it's always good to plan ahead.

12. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Thanks!

I'm not worried at all. If he doesn't go, I know I can get some of my 501st buddies from other Garrisons to camp out with me.

13. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    If anyone has a 4 person room @ the Sheraton, please let me know. There's 3 of us for sure..almost definetely 4 looking.

14. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    i know i seen how to get these 4 day passes on here but i can't seem to find them someone want to direct me please ...and i will need a room who ever might be interested for a roomie

15. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    To save you the trouble of typing "Star Wars Celebration IV registration" into Google, I will provide the link here:

http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/

16. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    FYI, most of the hotels near the convention center are claiming to be completely booked for that weekend. Unless you have connections with people to room with, it's looking like people will have to start looking further and further away from the downtown core... :(

17. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    I found out that they will not ship out the Badges outside of the States.
    Is this true?

We will have to pick them up at the Wiil Call booth. I guess one more patry line.[face_dancing]

18. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    That's what it said online when I bought mine. I'm picking mine up at Will Call.

19. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    thats how it was for C3, it wasn't bad at all to go pick up badges when we got there, i don't think there was even a line or maybe just a couple people

20. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Yep will call is great only took me maybe 5 minutes to get my pass for C3 and then the madness began [face_skull] .

21. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You definitely want to go as soon as you can to get them if you are arriving the day before the maddness starts. There were rather long lines after it started at the will-call but the day before I think it took about 5 minutes.

22. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    with this room three one free space is it still avalable

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.