main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C4 HYPE!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Starkiller77, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I still have the Omni room. I switched to the Wilshire to save a few bucks (about $50 USD a night cheeper) and to be about 4-5 blocks closer, and to be with everyone else. However it looks like most are in the Sheraton or HI.

According to TripAdvisor.com, the Omni is the better place so I have a bit of a choice. I will have to run things by the Committee. [face_whistling]

Bah.

I don't usually have this problem when I travel. I pick a place and stay there. Trying to coordinate with the group is affecting my best laid plans.

2. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Anyone still on? I didn't get the holiday inn, I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and book at the Sheraton? Do we need another room? Sry I didn't get back sooner, all hell broke loose at work...

I can't do a meeting tonite..And i'm heading out of town tommorow right after work until Sun night. I do have a room at the Figuraro or whatever it's called if we need it. At least it's super close, might be good for dropping stuff off throughout the day ?

3. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    I hate to sound like a broken protocol droid, but I'd like to remind anyone without a passport, to get one soon.

I'd hate to see someone turned away at the border because of something like this. The forms are available here: http://www.pptc.gc.ca/forms/pdfs/pptc044.pdf

That is all.

4. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    And I can be a guarantor if need be. If I haven't known you for 2 years, bring a PPT 132 Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor Form.

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    You have to do what's best for you, Dr. Haggis. If not being with the group works better for you (financially) then that's your decision to make. We wanted to do the group thing so we could share our experience together and not NOT see each other the entire Con.

There is NO COMMITTEE. There's just those of us who are REALLY EXCITED about going and want to have as much planned as possible before we go.

Sharing the C4 experience with this group is one of the things I'm MOST looking foward to. We're a fantastic bunch and we would have an INCREDIBLE time :-B

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    I was able to change my booking - after speaking to a VERY accommodating gentleman at the GenCon housing committee, he was able to extend my reservation to include Wednesday, May 23rd. So I've now got the room from May 23-29 - Yay!! What a relief!

Doesn't seem like many can make it out tonight. So - if you're going to C4 and DON'T have a room, POST HERE so we can start working on fitting people in.

Looks like C4 will be the main topic of discussion at our next meeting - but it doesn't look like that will happen until later this month. I'll post separately about that.

7. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    I have a room at the Fig, but would RATHER stay in the same place as you guys.

8. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Jami, do you feel like booking a room at the Sheraton as well? I think it would be good to have one or the other as a backup plan.

Update***
    I looked at the list and the Sheraton and Holiday Inn both have one night in the middle sold out (either 24th or 25th), creating an unworkable discontinuity. I have booked a triple room at the Wilshire. We can decide at a later date whether we want to stay there or at the Figueroa.

9. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    NO ROOM AT SHERATON, BobaJay just tried to book a room and they are sold out.

10. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    I managed to secure a two-bedroom room at the Mariott. We'll have to see about divvying up slots, though Jack has stated he'd like to have one. We'll save the meeting to hash out the other arrangements.

~Stacy.

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    We have a room at the Sheraton for 4. If you'd like to share, let me know....

12. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    202 and it's all falling into place!

[face_whistling] Don't waste your money on a new set of speakers,
    [face_dancing] You get more mileage from a cheap pair of sneakers.
    [face_whistling] Next phase, new wave, dance craze, anyways
    [face_dancing] It's still C4 to me

Yeah!

13. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    C4 roomies - who's who??? ;)

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p254/JediYrol/?action=view&current=C4roomies.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

14. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Man that picture is awesome now just to solve the riddle [face_thinking] . Neil again nice quote keep it up.

15. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    hmmm. Not to sure who the left group is???? But I think I have the rest figured... well sort of.

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay - here are the room situations as they currently stand:

Sheraton
    1)Prelude
    Yango
    Darth Dave
    StarKiller77

2)Dooks
    StacyD
    Echo7

3) SithatHeart
    (not sure how many in her room???)

Wilshire
    1) Dr. Haggis & Veritate (sharing)
    2) BobaJay & Lexial (sharing)
    3) ShatirLavan (+2)

Figeroa
    1) Vadermistress666 (are you keepig this room??)

We have an extra room for two at the Marriot as well as a room for 4 at the Sheraton. Those of us who've booked yesterday, will suffer an $50 cancellation fee if we have to cancel the room before April 07. We've not heard from a few of you so if you still need rooms, please post and we can get on with the organising.

C4 or Bust!!!!

17. DarthJaeger

DarthJaeger Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I still need to be someone's roomie...

Justin

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    You're IN Justin!!

I take it you've procured the PASS???

19. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    I think Shawn and I are going to share a room, and I might have another guest...there's an extra room at the Sheraton? And if we get a room for 4...i just don't know, we do all need to sit down and figure this out. Shawn i'll call you tonite after 6 pm, or if you get online before that, check your pm, i'll send you my e-mail.
    * never mind, i found yours...
    * sorry, i'm having a blond day, there's a feww people at the Wiltshire as well, Shawn, what do you think?

20. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    Doesn't the picture help? [face_mischief]

21. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    hahahaha i get it now..again with the blondness, between the excitment of my work, C4 and the moving in of someone this week, i think i've blown a fuse in my mind..like the main one.

22. BH-7113

BH-7113 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Please add..Montross...The tie pilot to our room.[face_dancing]

23. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Am I the RoboSapien? Because that would be SO WIZARD!!! The Sheraton is currently looking like the party hotel. That extra four person room is looking mighty tempting. We really do need to all sit down with our action figures and organize who's going where. Jay's diorama skills could be mighty helpful. I'll give Sarah a call too. Her laptop is still affected by a Cylon logic bomb, so I'll encourage her to take over her family's computer, to get in on the C4 roommate planning action.

24. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I have a room open at the Wilshire if anyone is interested...179/night double occupancy.
    [face_alien_1] E-mail me if interested..Thanks

25. Starkiller77

Dec 29, 2005
    201!

[face_whistling] Who's the hunter...who's the game?
    [face_dancing] I feel C4...call your name!

Yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.