main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN C4 May 24-28 2007 in LA

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by navarre1095, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    It's official! Gonna be in LA, ain't dat a beyotch?

2. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    This is either going to cost me a lot of money or save me a lot of money. I haven't decided yet. :p

Here is the announcement on the Official Site

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I've already been planing a bit for the worst... and this is it. Wow, this is gonna be expensive, but there is no way I will miss it. :cool:

4. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    It could be in Evansville and I would make it a point to miss it if GenCon is still running it.

5. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I'm not the least bit worried about GenCon. They were the face that we associate with all that went wrong with CIII, but when you think about it, we could probably blame good 'ol Uncle George. Sure, it was great that he came, but when he announced at the last minute his appearance and ten thousand more people bought passes, it threw everything off.

Not to mention that the crowds should be less since it is not a movie year. All the fair weather fans won't be there... I hope. [face_praying]

6. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Honestly, I don't know what to think about it all. LA is a long way away, and C3 was such a mess. But, who knows, I may just have to buckle down and take a Plane Wilhelmus to California...

:D

But, I really don't know what I'm going to do. In my 27 years of life I've only managed to learn four things:

1. Women are the root of all evil
    2. Adam is bald
    3. Cole's gf is out of his league
    4. LFL REALLY likes screwing us out of as much money as possible

#4 makes me want to skip the whole thing. :)

7. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    "Women are the root of all evil." I just picked up a book that you will LOVE! It's titled "Guardsman of Gor" and it is the 16th book in the counter Earth series. What you'll like about it is that throughout the ENTIRE novel women are shown their proper place in the universe. I'll loan it to you, definitley a must-read.

Who's going to C4? Are we gonna caravan? 20-mule train? Paint "C4 or bust" on our vans so the other uber-geeks will know us?

8. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I'll be there. Gonna fly and everything.... maybe I can fit someone in my suitcase. [face_thinking]

9. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Chuck, you naughty little monkey... I didn't know you liked reading the GOR stuff....

And I just might be able to go to this thing!! Woo Hoo ... My very first Con! Wouldn't that be something!

10. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Did he just say that some book had the nerve to put women in their place...GASP! Hear that noise? All those gals belonging to Oprah's book club have suddenly decided reading is a B-A-D thing ( especially for the men-folk )and so they've organized the biggest book burning since Hitler was the Chancellor of the Fatherland. Say bye-bye to the GOR novels. Say bye-bye to the ADAM WAS FRAMED novels. All this because some man just suggested women should know their place. TSK.TSK.TSK. Just so I can save my own maleness from the mass castrations that Oprah will order I'll say that a woman's place is...

IN THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF POWER AND PRESTIGE. SO SAY WE ALL. AMEN!

(looks about with a nervous twitch)

LOL

11. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Actually, I've only read "Tarnsman of Gor" and this piece of deviance. But yup, anywhere that you can throw in a couple of scimitars and I'm all over it. I was completely scandalized by the novel. It's like a sci-fi "Lady Chatterly's Lover".

Here's what I had in mind for our lemming-like migration to C4
    [image=http://goodhumorballoons.com/images/Xwing05.jpg]
    photo courtesy of buggyvirus1 in AK

12. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Yeah... about that whole "Rebel" thing... I'm gonna have to go ahead and say that just isn't my style. I'm hoping its just a phase for you... kinda like when Nathan was nice to girls. ;)

Can we make it a TIE fighter or an Imperial Shuttle? [face_skull]

13. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    Well, I've been a trooper, and I've been Vader, so it's either be a rebel or be the dirty-bathrobe-overweight-jedi-guy. Did I ever mention that my Trooper costume won first place at Spacetrek II in STL in 1982?

14. TC517

May 14, 2001
    No you haven't! That was back in the day when there weren't thousands of stormtroopers running around and having the costume took skill. :cool: That was also back in the day when I wansn't born. :eek:

15. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    If it makes you feel any better, Chuck, I was alive in 1982...

I was 3 years old.

:D

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Forgive me but I totally have to LOL at that picture :p

17. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Shut up, I was 7! :p ;)

18. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I was 3, too.

3,2?

19. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    That's right, Ole Pappy Navarre was troopin' when most of ya's was poopin' in yore britches!

20. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2005
    This may sound strange since I'm in Iraq but I'm scared to go to LA. Have I watched to many episodes of COPS or am I just being paranoid?

21. navarre1095

May 21, 2005
    You are not paranoid, and the people on TV can see you!

22. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    A friend of my family's lives in California, and from what I understand, you're safer in Iraq than L.A.

23. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    The wife and I will be flying there. we plan on a hotel next to the Convention Center so that we only have to survive a block between C4 and our hotel. I hope nobody decides to shoot at us while we are in line at 5 in the morning. Thanks LFL and GenCon for taking fan safty into account!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.