main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Nametags - DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING A DESIGN IS TONIGHT!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MrSkinnee, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    everything looks really cool so far, well done.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I revised mine.

[image=http://www.bradleyrobertson.com/images/tfnc4b.jpg]

3. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    No offense, and I don't know about anyone else, but I know that I'm not looking for a nametag that I have to build and will be clunky (and cost) but just one to print and laminate.

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    So a print, a piece of tin foil and construction paper is clunky...oh well.

5. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    Has I Final been decided yet and I missed it?

6. sirbilly

sirbilly Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2007
    this is a great idea and since im going down by myself (from WA)it would be cool to find other people from the fourm.

7. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Anyone else submitting any entries?

8. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Are there particular dimensions this needs to be? Especially as, if its based on the celebration badges, what are the dimensions on those?

9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I believe they are around 4" x 5.5", which is the size I made the FF badges for C3. My Photoshop file is 300dpi at 1650 x 2200 pixels.

10. woppo

woppo Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    C3 badge was 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/4 inches

11. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    I really like this one

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    So are we going to set a deadline for final submissions and the final vote so we have time to make these? Maybe make the end of the week 04/20/07, the final day to submit your badge ideas and then have voting begin and run through midnight on 04/27/07?

13. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I made mine 900 x 1200 (3in x 4in) because that's the same size that the Rebel Legion uses. To me it makes more sense to do this size so that it is smaller than the actual badge. But if necessary I can resize it because I cut the size down from the images I worked with.

As a note the one I posted was at a lower res to decrease any download time for our dial-up friends.

14. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    skiewalker,
    where did you find the image of the 30 year logo in the bottom left corner?? i think that would be a good addition to the final logo, regardless who makes it. also, consider making another image for the reverse side of the nametag. perhaps a prequel trilogy image.

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    The size thing is really an unexact science. At C3 I saw people with tiny FF badges and others with huge ones. People are going to make them whatever size they want anyway so it's best to use the largest resolution you possibly can. Though I wouldn't go posting your 2K full-res images in here. It doesn't look like anyone has so that's good.

So what does everyone else think? Should we set a deadline for the end of this week or should we give it, say, another week? I'm going to be swamped this week and I was thinking about trying a second design, so I'd vote for next week. But that's just me.

16. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm with typho. the 20th seems like good deadline.

17. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I am pretty sure I got it off the official site using a google image search. And I have a couple prequel images I could try to use.

As to the deadline, I think the 20th is fair, and then a poll giving everyone a week to vote.

18. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    I e-mailed Steve Anderson about using the pictures in my nametag image and he said its fine with him.

19. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok here is our idea:

[image=http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g285/Amidala081499/tag3.jpg]

We figured a few things....By making the nametag in the shape of a triangle, it will be much easier to notice a person from Fanforce. Too many square nametags may get confusing, but an odd shaped one will be easy to spot in a crowd. Also, we wanted to stick close to the C4 image. We figured with all the flare we are going to be wearing it may also be nice to have something simple. Anyway, the file can be printed and laminated with ease.

Also, when you go to laminate the nametag, you cut off the white around the triangle, so that is can create the triangle-shape!!!

NOTE: THE NAMETAG IS APPORXIMATELY 3" BY 3", so it is nice sized and recognizeable!!!

Hope you enjoy...

20. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think I like the rectangular shape best, from the point of view of convenience.

21. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Here is my OT and PT versions

[image=http://www.bradleyrobertson.com/images/tfnbadge.jpg]

22. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

We FFUK'ers will be wearing ours again. We are also thinking of T-shirts, no doubt something star warsy with the union Jack splashed all over it.

23. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Me too! How can I get one?

24. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    From my understanding we are going to put up a poll this weekend to vote on a favorite badge. To be respectful to everyone else who has made a badge, I will only make a blank one available if mine is voted to be the one that is used. So check back this weekend and vote for your favorite :) And thanks for the comments folks. I appreciate it.

25. movieboy

movieboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2005
    If yours is the voted on, will you provide blanks for both the PT and the OT badges?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.