main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA C4 Official Announcment

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    All the rumors are true, it's going to be in LA. We better start saving now. It's going to be 5 days this time around. They are also going to have a 24 hour store front so no long lines to buy stuff (great idea). It looks like from the article the first day will be for Fan Club members only. I guess I'm going to have to join the Fan Club again.

To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.

Star Wars Celebration IV will fill the L.A. Convention Center from Thursday, May 24 to Monday, May 28, 2007. Admission to the first day of the event will be for worldwide members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, many of whom will help plan and run special programming themselves. The convention will be open to the general public from Friday through Monday, Memorial Day.
    You can read the rest of the announcment here:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    "Gen Con is thrilled to be working again with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Peter Adkison, owner of Gen Con LLC"

I too am thrilled to hear that Gen Con will be involved once again. ;)

...members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, many of whom will help plan and run special programming themselves.

Hmmm? I wonder what that means exactly. I think greencat should try to get her Prequel Greek Tragedy Presentation from the Comicon in there.

a 24-hour-a-day store

So the line will now have a 15 hour wait instead of a 5 hour wait [face_laugh]

3. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003

An excellent idea!

4. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Ok guys I think we should be thinking about getting a suite this time around. Being that this is going to be a fly or no go thing I think we can save money if we rent a suite for the week. What do you think?

I know it's a year away but we might think about reserving a suite now and then depending on what the FanClub offers just cancel the reservation at a later date. So who is actually thinking about going to C4?

5. LittleTigah

LittleTigah Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2006
    This is one of those things, I know I'd love to go but it would all depend on money. The flight alone will probably be roughly $300 I think. Of course theres the option of fund raisers to bring down the cost, plus if enough people are going there could be some nice group rates.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    My cousin is a travel agent so she told me she will do the best she can for us on the flights.

7. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'll be going and I am very willing to share hotel space with other folks. The more people to divide the cost of the rooms,the better. (although I do claim a bed, even if its only half the bed. I can't sleep on the floor then expect to move the next day.)

Five days, huh? Guess I'll have to start building up the personal days again.

As to the Greek Tragedy thing. I'd be willing to do it, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea who to volunteer to.

8. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    What about getting a multi-room suite? I called the Holiday Inn today and they have them there. I thin that could be ideal. It comes with a fridge and everything. It would help save money on meals if we could eat there.

9. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    somebody better get some good deals on something I'm already drawing up a contract with the devil for my airfare.

10. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    i know that I want to go, but right now I have no idea how i will look financially in a year. I'm planning on going but, how i'm going to pay for it is another story.

11. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Unless I hit the lottery, I'm not going.

12. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    I'm broke but I will find a way to be there.

13. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

This is where apathy is a financial boon. :D

Isn't going,
    Yours Truly

14. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
  15. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i wouldn't be surprised if this celebration was significantly!!!! like really really really smaller than the last ones, just because of location and money.

It's so dumb to have it in LA but then again they didn't ask me!

(because they should have right :) )

16. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I would be surprised.

17. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    We would love to go, probably could get the money, but the thought of ever going to California never, ever entered our dreams. In fact, California is probably not even last on the list of places we would ever want to go! Although we would love to go to a celebration especially this one.
    Actually, if my husband, really wanted to go (never), then I would go in a minute! I need more support to do a crazy thing like this! :)

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    If you have never been to a Celebration, you should go. Its just a fantastic time. Hanging out with fans from all over the world, incredible costumes, fanfilms, panels on just about any aspect of fandom you can think of, Celebs, artists, authors, vendors, performances like 30 Minute SW, SW the Musical, One Man SW, etc., Legos, Video games, parties in the evening, and more.

Having it in LA is a terrible location, it will be inconvient as far as actually getting into the Con and expensive. But once inside it will be great. I just can't wait! :)

19. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    it's so annoying that i have no idea what life is going to be like at that point.. i mean i'd like to plan on going and making reservations and all that stuff....but i don't know how much money i'll have right out of college.

maybe i'll get hit by a car being driven by some rich guy and i can sue! Or maybe I'll win the lottery! maybe i can increase my chances of that happening if i actually buy lottery tickets lol.

Has there been any word on hotel reservations or anything like that? is it going to work the same way as last time?
    or don't we know yet?

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Rox has been working on hotel info.

21. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    I am definately interested in going and hope to have the money saved to go. So count me in. If I have to sell stuff on ebay, ill be doing it. who needs stuff anyway?

Though I agree. Terrible location. Indy was way cooler.

22. Stina-Cri

May 18, 2002
    i have a few crazy schemes up my sleeve myself... but i want to keep my stuff.

23. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    L.A. huh? kind of figured that it would happen. I have to question it to a degree though. Did they choose LA due to the size of the convention center, and the ease of transporting things like the props and all? Or did they choose it because it's LA and it's more convenient for them? Will the convention itself be bigger due to the size? Or smaller due to the fact that it's farther away for a lot of people?
    I will more than likely be going. If nothing else, I'll volunteer to work the autograph area again (which I'll probably do anyways.) If it turns out to be way too much money, I may have to re-think that, but we'll have to see.

24. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    lol @ dlocke selling "stuff" on ebay to get to C4 (and prob buy more stuff)

:p

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I was able to fully fund the C2 trip from stuff bought at C2, so perhaps it's possible to do that again with C4! However, the ethics of it is another question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.