main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA C4 Official Announcment

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    that was my plan :) that and saving all summer if i don't put a nice chunk of change away i might have to stop smoking.

yeah surprising eh?

2. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Now that's a reason to quit!

3. Stina-Cri

Stina-Cri Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    yeah, i swore i'd never quit and that i don't care how much it costs to smoke, but then I realize i can fully fund a trip to c4 with the money i spend on cigarettes...
    i'm just taking the summer to get my mind ready to quit smoking, so as soon as i've set my mind on doing it, i'm going to.

Yhen of course as soon as i get to c4, or i save enough money (whichever comes first) i'll probably start smoking again...

Yeah i'm a big dork.

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    setting fire to dried leaves that have lots of harmful chemicals added to them, then breathing in the smoke. What could be insane about that [face_hypnotized]

My mom quit smoking when cigarettes hit .35 cents a pack. Banana splits cost the same amount and she decided she liked banana splits better. And yes, it was a long, long time ago.

5. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Sounds like a good idea to me. (Some in my family are actually talking about going so we'll see.)
    Keep us informed on suites, rates, ect.

6. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Can always implement Project Phoenix.

That's where you keep a list of all the things you sell on eBay for money. Once you have enough bucks to do what you want, you stop selling. As soon as you do the thing you were raising money for, over time you slowly purchase things that you had sold on your list. Cross them out as you buy them. In theory, you don't lose anything (unless you can't buy it back), you've only "lost" it for an unspecified span of time. Big question is: Were you even going to use those items you sold in the time it took you to rebuy them? Perhaps not. If that's the case, you haven't really lost anything at all.

Having said all that, still ain't no way I'm going to CIV.

We have Biler to thank for that system,
    Yours Truly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.