main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO C4 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    C4, LA, May 24-28 2007. I called the Con Center today and heard it myself. Get ready!! :D

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    They had an article here at TFN about it and they said that it was just a rumor... But if you called, I guess that's confirmation.

3. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Great. Well have fun. That leaves me out... :( Good thing I went to C3.

4. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    No kidding. I doubt I could swing a trip to LA. I'd better go get some more lottery tickets.[face_laugh]

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Same here. Guess I'll have to wait until CV (roman numerals here... ;) ). Guess it was too much to hope that it was going to be at Indy again or StL.

6. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah same here too. We are going to Vegas in June. So no way i can afford either.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well rumor mill had it from the get go that it wasn't in Indy, though StL and Dallas were the other two places that got several mentions. The date here is off I think, its looking like it's the 23-27 of May now.

Come on guys, there's a will there's a way! I refuse to let you all cop out yet with out trying!

8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, come on! If I can figure out how to drag a nearly seven foot double ewok costume with me to LA, surely you guys can get out there.

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Steve did say I shouldn't rule it out yet. Especially if I can find a job, then we would have the money for me to go. :D

I was looking up prices of train, plane and automobile...but it is to early to check prices.

10. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm not sure that car or train would be a real possibility, or at least that I can see, just because of the time involved. By train its nearly a 24 hour ride. And unless there were 4 or 5 of us riding together, I see that being not a whole lot of fun.

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    If I don't fly, I'd do train. It would be fun if we all used the same method of transpo and went out together. Only issue is if we all want to get there at different times, I'm planning on arriving a day or two before and not leaving until a day or two after its over. My biggest regret last year was not getting to spend more time with my buddies outside StL since I get to see them once a year tops.

12. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I think driving is impossible at least for me. I looked at Amtrack and it says it will take 63 hours! So flying maybe the best...lol. But which ever will be cheaper, because there doesn't look to be to much of a difference right now.

But I agree, I think if we could rig it to all go together that would great fun! :D

13. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Think of the roadtrip though... In Star Wars garb... That'd be more exciting than a flight to LA. Also, consider this: trying to get through airport security with blasters and lightsabers. ;)

14. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    You buy I'll fly. ;)

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That's in your check luggage. People made it to C3 with all that stuff on a plane. I am not driving to LA unless it's my last resort. Don't do well in cars for long trips and I'll be snarking at people before it's over. Have some hope! Look at all we've done when we get together and plot and plan. We can do it, we're gonna do it if I have to drag you each there by your hair and not let anyone buy toys or whatever to save up.

Everyone who wants to go will be there, mark my words. No one is allowed to give up before they start.

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Rah Rah Rah! :D

I will do my bet to get a job! Oh and I don't think there will be a problem with props as long as they are in checked luggage. I once took 3 pocket knives through after 911, and didn't have a problem, since they were in the hold...

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    ...but...think of the FanFilm status we could achieve if we HAD trouble getting in! :D

Nobody wants to roadtrip huh? Awww.... There goes half my fun. ;)

18. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    I got my great grandfathers sword through airport security as well (this past November). I just told them ahead of time that it was in my checked bag...no problem.

19. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    ...and think of all the evidence the officals would have to convict us! LOL

And a road trip would be fun with the group of us. Just think of all the trouble, I mean fun we could have. :p

20. Notclown-Joker

Notclown-Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    What we should do is pool all of our resources and send one person who can tell everyone else how great it was.
    I nominate myself. Since it was my idea it should be me.[face_praying]

21. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  22. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Double [face_laugh]

Nice try.... =D=

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Props for effort. [face_laugh]

24. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    I enjoyed C3 but LA is pretty far out, I'd love to go but I doubt I'll be able to go.

25. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I do not foresee me going. LA, that just ticks me off. Like the people on the West Coast don't have enough cool stuff, they had to steal this too. Ugh![face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.