main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO C4 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm sure there will be more stars, more likely to show up there.

2. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    :mad:
    I do not foresee me going. LA, that just ticks me off. Like the people on the West Coast don't have enough cool stuff, they had to steal this too. Ugh!

I really want to go but know for a fact I cannot. Granted there will be more stars but it seems like St Louis always looses out. Plus maybe the stars do not have enough gas money to drive here, that is why they have to have it in LA. I mean they are all broke...... Plus I guess there is no glamor to St Louis, if you think about it all you ever hear is how wonderful LA is. No one to pamper to them here I guess, fans "Who are they?" Midwest? You mean those folks are fans too west of the Mississippi? I thought it was just the east and west coast.

I was shocked they picked Indy after hearing about it for the C3, to hope for it to be in the midwest this year i guess for me was too much hope. </Vent>

I have this same isssue with the G I Joe conventions. They nominated N.O., La this year, we were like you turned down Memphis,Tn for N.O. WTH? It was closer and STL does not even get a nod. Plus many of us were like, let them rebuild a bit more before going down there, if I am going to spend tat kind of cash, I would really like to see something besides a few blocks. Otherwise, it is always Florida, California, or the North East coast.

3. Jango11

Jan 14, 2004
    I do wish it was here also, I didn't want to get my hopes up when I heard STL was in the mix. I think a more centrally located place, is best for everyone. I doubt I will go to LA. I can only imagine how crowded it would be!! Celebration 2 and 3 and one Gen-con, are the only conventions I have been to and they were all in Indy. I'm hoping to go to Comic Con in San Diego this year, and that is because my sister lives there. If they make the official anouncement soon, it would give everyone a year to plan and save for it. I was thinking a family vacation at the same time would be cool also.

4. Jedi_Master_Medic

Jedi_Master_Medic Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2005
    So was there any news out of LA for over the weekend?

5. Princess_Robin

Princess_Robin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    and suddenly yet another reason to go and visit my friend that lives out in the LA area...hmmm

I may just be able to swing that...weird

6. Jango11

Jan 14, 2004
    I guess we need to start saving:) Sounds like they are really addressing the shop line issue.

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Looks like I might have a go at this. Depends on whether or not I'll be doing another internship next summer.

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm going if I have to sell a body part. C3 was just too much fun.

9. large_mammal

large_mammal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2003
    Train tickets roundtrip for family of three: $600
    Start saving now and it'd only be, like, $50 a month. Not too bad.

Now I just need to figure out how to save up the other $10,000 I'll need when I start circling the booths....

10. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    Online ordering for tickets to the event and for discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin late summer/early fall.
    Oh I hope they work on this so I won't have to be online for 7 hours this time to get the tickets...LOL. :D

Start saving or selling those body parts!

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Here's hoping for CV.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Booked my room :) I am ready to go!

13. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    wanting you guys to know... (since I have seemed to become a semi-regular face around here) that me and the fiance will be going we made the decision yesterday to put off some plans so we could afford it.

EDIT: Room Reserved today!!!

14. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Cool Mike, we'll all be one big happy family! :D

15. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    It figures it would be those dates. As much asI wanted to got to C3 and didn't make it, this would have been something to do. But as I look at the dates, those fall within the week of my daughter high school graduation, and that takes priority. So it looks like I'll be missing this as well.

16. Jango11

Jan 14, 2004
    I just found out the same, my daughter graduates on May 26.

17. starjedi9045

starjedi9045 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2005
    I was begin to think that I will problary go with Dajuan to LA. Of course, I will bring the three costumes that i made it and i will wear it at C4!! I think my uncle Joe is going and make a booth "Emperor's hammer" again. It will be much fun and more nice place than Indy!

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah it will be nice to see you again :) I'll have to beat you up with a lighstaber again :D

19. starjedi9045

Apr 29, 2005
    Oh yeah. Come on... Bring it on! :p

20. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Better watch yourselves, I hear C4 is going to have wild ewoks wandering the building...

21. starjedi9045

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah. I will be better watch myself :p

22. FettFan79

FettFan79 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2005
    I hope to be able to go though it seems like wishful thinking right now...I'm in that boat too--if I start saving NOW, MAYBE....?

Some places have a price for blood too, right? LOL

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Bumping cause badges just went on sale so there's something to talk about again.

I'm really starting to look forward to C4 again. Now that Regional and DC are done, it's pretty much the next big thing we have to look forward to.

Anyone want to have some costuming nights again? Costuming is always more fun doing in groups and then we can swap specialities.

Need to finish my Endor trooper Leia (need spraypaint, to make the shirts, and to figure out the helmet), want to do an Ewok Vilage Leia, and if I have time a Jaina designed off the mini figure. Don't know if I'll bring my pilot or not. Next to some of the other ones it's crappy.

24. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    The big thing I worry about is where to pack all this stuff. LOL You are only allowed 3 pieces of checked lugguge and one carry on. And really I don't want to chase down all that luggage.

Oh and yeah, I need to find a job so I can go... :p But I have my badge. :D

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We can work together if need be to get it all there. Don't think my costumes will require as much space this time, and I can always bring the body sized suitcase, I have 2 of them ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.