Spring, MO C4 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    LOL They also have a 50lb weight limit. I have seen one of those bags...it might be close. :p
  2. shcook1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, there goes my idea of packing myself in one of Dajuan's body-sized suitcases to save on airfare.....
  3. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe I could Fed Ex you.[face_laugh]
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Hi All!!

We went around a priced a new banner (or two). For a banner 6x3 in full color (three or more colors) it will run $129 or with one color $106. Jedi_runya also checked on a banner of 5x2 which will run $98 with full colors or $81 with one color. Now this price will increase under these two conditions: 1) we don?t have the designs in a vector format, or 2) if the design is too small. The company said ideally they would like to have the vector format or the design in a jpeg that will be 2 feet x 2 feet.

On that note, we would like to open the design up to all people who would like to design it for Fan Force. We are looking for something that would incorporate the FanForce community and Star Wars (something that is neither strongly Imperial or Rebel :p ). We would like to have some sort of design on the left with a motto or logo on the right. This winning design will then become the property of FanForce, giving us the right to change it if needed and the right to use it as needed. This design will also have to go through Mary Franklin, to make sure we are not infringing on any of Lucas? rights. Then all RSAs and CRs will vote on the winning design and the designer will receive colors for a month.

So in essence we are looking for two things: the design and the motto/logo. Both of which will be used on the banner, pamphlets, flyers, business cards, shirts, mugs etc, whatever we want/need made up for FanForce Chapters.

We would like to ask all FF chapters to chip in to help pay for the banner. Any little bit helps, but if we could get at least $15-20 from each one it would go a long way. This is by no means mandatory, but since it will benefit us all it would be nice if we all contribute. It will be used to promote us as a group at Celebration 4, and will be used to be passed around the different chapters for local events, as the previous banner has been. Any extra will be used for the table at C4 (for items such as pamphlet, flyers, handouts, and business cards). Since we are getting the banner made locally, we'd like any donations for it sent to either our paypal account (<a href="mailto:stlouisfanforce@gmail.com">stlouisfanforce@gmail.com</a>) or snail mailed to either me or jedi_runya (who's actually the one doing the leg work at the moment :D ). I will be happy to provide an itemized list of donations and what it has been spent on if necessary.

All entries should be emailed to Jedidajuan@gmail.com by 12/3/2006. Feel free to post design ideas and entries in this thread, but only designs emailed to me will be officially considered. Stealing another person's design, (including taking any aspect of their image and changing it) will result in your forfiture of the contest and may result in a ban.

Any questions should be directed to Jedi_Dajuan or jedi_runya.
  5. jvdrake Jedi Padawan

Dujuan or Runya,

What text is to be used? Just "St. Louis FanForce" or is there a tagline that is used or can be used?

Is SW imagery acceptable or does it have to stay vector art only with non-SW imagery?

Being this is what I do for a living, you know you're really teasing me here. :) I hope I don't disappoint.
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    For this banner it would be for all of FanForce. Like this in the background. You pretty much have a free hand with it. Just include FanForce, www.fanforce.net and www.theforce.net on there somewhere.
  7. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Jeff, just to let you know, this banner mentioned above is not the same banner I talked to you about on Saturday. We need two different ones. The mentioned above is for the Fan Force as a whole and can be moved. The one from Saturday, is for our forums, as across the top and down the left side... I wasn't sure that was clear... :D Which reminds me, can you PM your email and I will send you some files?
  8. jvdrake Jedi Padawan

9. Jango11 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I plan to contribute to the banner.

I won't be able to go to C4, went to 2 and 3. My oldest graduates high school that weeked; when it comes close to C4 I would appreciate if I could work something out for a figure or something:)
  10. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I am sure we can work out something for the Exclusives for those that want one.;) I will only need one, so depending on the per person limit, I will pick up the rest for others...
  11. Sith_Lord_Chewy Jedi Padawan

C4... It's going to be the most explosive event of the year. LOL. [face_laugh]

Get it? C4. Explosions. eh? *sigh* :oops:
  12. JediCirrus Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm just hoping that somebody will be able to pick up the exclusive figure for me since I won't be able to make it....

13. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Funny. Took me a minute, but I got it. LOL :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.