main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    How was everyone's Christmas and New Year? Any one watch the Rose Parade?

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Happy New Year right back at ya!

I'm lucky enough to live right here in So-Cal, so I was able to work on the SW floats, attend the parade and hang out with the 501st afterwards.

I ended 2006 with a healthy dose of SW and happily began 2007 still completely surrounded by SW. Thanks to all my fellow FF friends for making it so great!

3. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    I guess I didn't have an opprotunity to visit with you. I was in the parade myself. It was an event of a life time!

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Is your car plate TK MANDO? If so, I got a picture of it! I was taking shots of all the specialized plates I saw as I was leaving. We must have been hanging out in the lobby at the same time. Did you see the pictures from the parade that they started showing on a few labtops sometime around 4:00 or were you watching the game? Who knows, maybe we met???

5. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Yep that is my car-little white Honda. I was in my meeting with Mary and the other Elite Squad members at 3:30... I didn't watch the game. I don't remember much, I was so dang tired!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I think we got there somewhere around 3:00 and left about 5:00. Even for those of us that didn't get to march in the parade, it was a really long few days and I still had to drive home.

I have a SW license plate on my vehicle, too. I'm probably the only one in my area with one. Must have seen at least 20 of them while working on the floats and over New Year's. It's very cool!

7. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    I'm guessing you saw my buddy's car? The "H-Wing?" Kinda hard to miss it...

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Shawn got it back to its pre-accident condition yet?

9. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    Yeah, it's back in the fleet. Pretty much good as new.

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I ended up parking right across it. I finally got to see it in person. Also met Shawn. He and his car were at the CHOC event yesterday, too. Have you ever seen the MFalcon car? The owners are in the IEFF (the FF I'm in). They have their car at a lot of the events Shawn has his. It was cool to see them both together yesterday. The kids really love the cars!

11. The_Sith_Hunter

Apr 6, 2005
    The Falcon car was at a FIDM Fan Day about a year ago. He was talking of things he was planning on doing to it, but doesn't look like he had a chance to implement them yet...

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wow! I can't believe how long this thread has gotten. Anyway, is there going to be a panel room where there'll be one massive "Star Wars Speed Dating", or should we just wear colored bracelets stating if we're single or available? ;)

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Several pages back we were joking about making shirts up with SW action figures on it and it saying, "Plays well with others." Those could be our "code" shirts. [face_laugh]

14. JayTee_Erricck

JayTee_Erricck Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    To be paired up with a Star Wars fan of the opposite sex would be my dream come true. I just KNOW there are Star Wars fan gals out there. Met many of them at C3.............

Obi-Wan said "In my experience, there is no such thing as luck".

In that case, I hope the Force will be with me at C4.

Jay Tee
    http://www.rebellegionhawaii.com

15. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Being one of those female fans, I find that the majority of male fans are either rather young (20ish) or my age and married. Well, regardless of the age or marital status, the constant I've found with all the SW fans I've meet is that they're great fun to be around![face_dancing]

16. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    There are one or two out there it seems...

[face_batting] No. I haven't checked profiles at all.... [face_whistling]

17. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Who keeps nudging me in the ribs?

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
  19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Tom, Kari, do I need to hook you two up? :p o_O

20. RebelGrrl

RebelGrrl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2006
    OKay, let's give this a try. :)

[image=http://rebelgrrl.org/leia-breakfast.jpg]

That's me, at breakfast planning for a day at C3.

SWF, 35, looking for friends of all genders and open to the possibilities of 'something more besides' with those of the male persuasion. :)

I'm a first generation fan and my favorite movie of all six is TESB. My favorite characters are Han, Leia, Jaina, Kyp, and Ghent. My favorite non-standard-human race are Zeltrons. I devour all EU novels and comics avidly and I have the entire Marvel collection while still catching up on DH early issues. :) I dabble with graphics and writing, and have a healthy appetite for computers and science. I'm a former unix/linux sysadmin returning to school and I build my own computers and run my own home server and network.

I'm also very into sewing and costuming and I plan to make an original Zeltron costume for C4. Mostly original in that it won't break indecent exposure laws nor be skin-tight. ;) If anyone knows where I can find magenta cream or pancake make-up, let me know!

21. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Jedifan singing --> Matchmaker, matchmaker make me a match, Find me a find, catch me a catch...

Guess what I just watched?

22. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Oh! Oh!! Let me guess!!!

Judge Judy?

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Don't be silly!

I was watching extreme Bass fishing on the Uber Sports Fishing channel! [face_laugh]

So, who's nudging you in the ribs and what does that mean?

24. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I think its that Breezy person... since she was mentioning that there are a few 1st gen male fans around.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    :oops:

Sometimes it takes me awhile, but I can usually figure things out... after several explanations...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.