main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROTSFan

ROTSFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2006
    Hey Dawn. Get a Myspace! Everyone on the singles boards has one :D

2. DrSartorius

DrSartorius Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2007
    My myspace:

myspace.com/nodisintegrations80

3. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    ....I don't. ;) Never exactly seen the need for one, at least by my own personal reckoning.... *hastily ducking* Of course, now I kinda wonder if I may be the only non-MySpace'er (though I do have my LJ, if that counts.... *chuckles*) ....meep, it's lonely over here.... :)

Dawn.

4. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    No MySpace for me. Refuse to support the Fox Network as much as possible.

No LJ or Blog or anything in fact, because nobody wants to read about my life!

5. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    ...?

What does myspace have to do with Fox?

6. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    MySpace is owned by News Corporation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySpace

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  8. ROTSFan

Jul 25, 2006
    That guys page is awesome. Lots of cool graphics too. Is he on here?

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    LOL!

Did you look VERY carefully at his blog and entries? He's currently in Buffalo and hopefully will be here for C-4....

Also, if anyone is collecting Autographs and would like to donate some for his collection that would be great as eventually Luke and his swag will be going up for charity auction.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    He has Daniel Logan's autograph. Have any others been added? Also, is there a link to his photobucket pictures. I may have just missed it.

Sorry Val, I know this doesn't belong on this thread!

11. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    No, he doesn't have any others, but I'd LOVE to rectify that by the end of C-4.

Here is a link to Luke's Photobucket account.

Since we've had other fan activity threads, can we start one for Luke? I'd really like to have some help 'showing him around' and collecting images and such for his 'collection'.

OK - Luke has a thread!

12. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    MySpace rocks. I avoided it for as long as possible, but now I'm sucked in. ;)

Did we decide to do a singles event?

13. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Ooohhhh, I daresay I might rather like the sound of this sort of thing....has there been any talk or bruited-about notions of something like this? Because it seems purrfectly apropos to me....and I strongly suspect I'd be there too....no, really. ;) :D

Dawn.

14. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    If we do, I'm all in for that. e-j is cuper cute. :-D

15. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    Well at C3 this thread was around also and We all went bowling and had drinks at Jillians it was fun.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture038.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture044.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture052.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture039.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture056.jpg]

16. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah that was a fun time! But it seems like there is no place around the area downtown that can accomodate a gathering, accoring to Valedakor.

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    there are resturants in the Area we can still go and have a dinner and i am sure they serve drinks if people want that. I was also thinking of maybe a comedy stand up show in the area if we could find one that would allow 18 and up.

18. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    Haha, thanks MrSkinnee. ;)

There's nowhere for a larger gathering - I think Val was talking about 200 people. If the number is smaller (which I imagine it would be because a lot of those 200 wouldn't be single), there must be venues that could accommodate groups of that size.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    There are places to hold gatherings but a lot of them are 21 and older, which was a problem for a FF gathering. No comedy clubs downtown, either.

20. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah the more I hear there is nothing in the Area for us to do anything other than be 21 and get drunk the more it Sounds if we were going to do this on the western side of the USA we should have did it in Las Vegas or kept it in Indy.

Do you know any websites that list the downtown area and maps of all the local buisnesses stores, Resturants etc..

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Not one "all inclusive" website, no. The L.A. Convention and Visitors Bureau has information, of course.

22. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    How about a get together at the rooftop bar at the standard? or do you have to be a guest there to get in?

23. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    it Sounds if we were going to do this on the western side of the USA we should have did it in Las Vegas.

DOH, thats what I have been saying since CIV was announced! If they had it in Vegas you could have all crashed at my place!

As far as the convention area in general, like walking distance around it. I didn't see many places. I did a drive by when I was in LA a week or so ago just to see where my hotel was in regard to the convention center. I am staying at the Fig and suposidly ther is a lounge in the hotel, just throwin that out there!

24. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    You'd better be a guest if you try it on a Friday or Saturday night. During the rest of the days of the week, not so bad.

If you want to see what it looks like during the day, visit this thread.

The drinks are incredibly expensive, and you do have to be 21. But then, you have to be 21 to be registered at The Standard, anyway. Just be prepared....

25. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    Hey I have friends that went to that place an said it was Crazy and had a great time!! A must to go there. Like anything in Ca. It is expensive. But what bars isn't?
    can not wait to hang and meet and party with you all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.