main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I've heard that from friends of mine who have been to LA ... is that the case at most bars/clubs there?

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No -- just touristy spots, downtown spots, hotels -- just like hotels everywhere, the food/drink is more expensive. It's that expense account crowd, doncha know :).

Go to a neighborhood bar/restaurant, and it's nothing like that.

3. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hey, there is nothing wrong with being 21 and drinking. And what sort of attractions does Indianapolis have, again? ;)

4. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Indy had Jillian's and a mall in the immediate vicinity. But I suggest this place...

http://www.cinespace.info/

Check it out. Looks pretty interesting. Not in the immediate area, but that's what cabs are for.

5. rizzo3232

rizzo3232 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2005
    That places looks really fun

6. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I agree there is nothing wrong with being 21 and being able to drink, I am just saying that is all there is in the Area for people to do in the Downtown Area, In Indy there was Jillians with Bowling, Arcade,Bar,Dance club. Lots of Resturants and bars. Hell i stayed at the Embassy Suites and Down Stairs there was Horse Racing on televisions Casting with live betting and i did pretty well. Just saying unless you are 21 or older not really anything to do downtown after The convention center Closes. kinda sucks.

If it would have been in Las vegas least there would be things for everyone. I would just gamble poker, craps, black jack etc.. but thats me.

7. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Best thing to do: when you get to L.A. grab a copy of "LA Weekly." You'll find it at newsstands and in street racks. It'll list what's going on at all the clubs around town. Right now, check out their website: L.A. Weekly.

Another place to hang out: Universal Citywalk. Lots of restaurants, including a Hard Rock. It's a short subway ride away from downtown.

8. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Here's the real question. If we get a singles thing together, are people willing to take a cab or bus or the subway or whatever to go to wherever it might be at if its not in the immediate vicinity?

9. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Thats also going to be tricky in that fair chunks of L.A.'s transportation system tend to shut down, I think

10. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    bumping this up.

11. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Hey! Watch where you are bumping!!

12. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Ooooohhhhh, saucy.... ;) *coquettish grin, winks slyly*

Just thinking some more on the topic, though, too....and wondering if there had been any more thought or serious consideration of some sort of event or gathering for we singletons, and if so, what perhaps did we have in mind....hey, what about a room party, for instance? :) I know there's already this Fanforce/Rebel Legion mixer that's apparently taking place, but it seems to me also that the singles of the CIV world need some attention and some luvin' too....if you know what I mean....and surely, after all, this mixer or something like it isn't *all* there is.... ;)

Dawn.

13. Jacen_Solo_1185

Jacen_Solo_1185 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2007
    Hey all, so I'm not exactly looking for a romantic hookup at CIV; I just want a friend to hang out with. I'm a 21 year old guy from Chicago suburbs. I would love to meet anyone there that wants to hang out, guy or girl, preferably around the same age range. Anyone interested? If you want, you can also email me at lorengiovanni@gmail.com.
    Thanks!

14. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm definitely up for a singles night or something like that. I wouldnt mind taking the subway to a cool spot for it either. Sounds like fun!

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Well, for those who are staying at hotels near the convention center, it looks like we're in luck. There's a subway hub within walking distance. Looks like the damn subway hardly goes anywhere, though, so depending where we go we might need to connect to buses or cabs. (On east coast, we use mass transit. On west coast, mass transit uses US! :p )

16. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    That's really good to hear. I'm at the Bonaventure, which says it's less than a mile to the center.

17. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    A romantic midnight subway ride through LA? Sounds like fun... :p

18. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, I'm not looking for romance, but I'm sure I'll get thirsty! :p

19. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    Either way, Im there to join you in the fun. [face_batting]

20. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    If nothing else we all ought to raid a hotel lobby somewhere :p

Just kidding ...

21. MrSkinnee

Mar 25, 2002
    Okay. I'm taking the initiative. Friday night. 7:00 p.m. Location to be determined..

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    keep in mind, the subways shut down

should get you right to hollywood though... which has some good drinking places i've heard

23. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Just kidding or not...sometimes hotel lobbies have bars.. in Hot Springs, Arkansas(perhaps a small place, but large tourist and convention destination none the less) the Arlington Hotel has dancing, and a bar right in the main lobby. Is there anything like that in any of the downtown Hotels in LA?

24. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I plan on being at the Bonaventure hotel bar some, for sure. :)

25. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    All the downtown hotels have bar areas.

Please, just remember, it might seem ridiculous to a lot of you, but the servers (and the hotels) are the ones who can get in serious trouble -- you must be 21 to partake in this establishments. Trust me, California's ABC is very vigilant on this matter. Events like this, when there are a lot of underage people attending, are a red flag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.