C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    Tony, you should organize an under 21 (over 18) party. Just keep it... legal! ;-)
  2. WesleySr Jedi Padawan

Well, this is my first post on this board. I guess this would be the best thread for it. My name is Wesley and I am single. I don't know if I will be single @ C4, but you never know.

Here is my Bio from my profile: I am a single father of 2 wonderful boys. My older son was born in January 2000 and my younger son was born in July 2004. I work for Kanawha County 911 as a dispatcher and I am a volunteer firefighter, although I have been inactive for some time. I have been a Star Wars fan since I can remember going to see The Empire Strikes Back in the theatre. My older son loves the Star Wars movies and my younger son probably will too.

I attended C3 with my 2 sons and their mother. We did not do anything outside of the convention. This time around, it will be myself and probably my older son. So to all you singles, see you in LA.
  3. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Welcome, Wesley! You've come to the right spot, lots of singles going to C-IV.
  4. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
  5. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm right with you, bro..single father of two, kids about the same age (6 and 3)... not that I'm hitting on you or anything.... Ew.. I don't even know what you look like. Ha!

6. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3

HAHAHA! Sure your're not.
  7. WesleySr Jedi Padawan

I was wondering where everyone plans on staying. I haven't made a reservation yet, but I have seen where several people have. I do not know anything about LA. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  8. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a huge thread called "Book Rooms Now... I did" that you could check out. The Fig is booked and the Holiday Inn is blacked out. All other hotels are about a mile away, I believe. ValdeKor is our moderator here and she has collected a vast amount of information about surrounding hotels Check that out... and good luck.
  9. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks, Grumpy! Yeah, WesleySr if you go to the first stickied Info thread in this forum -- you will see a bunch of information.

Not much is known about hotels at the moment (that is, as to which ones will be in the C-IV room block). We are all waiting on that info -- should be posted sometime in September from the official site.
  10. JediMasterPanama FanForce CR Panama

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Alberto from Panama City, Panama here! Looking forward to my second Celebration experience! I was on C3 and it was a blast

11. Annya_Latoure2 Fan Force CR Tampa Bay, FL

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    [face_dancing] Not single, but not married. Three times down the isle does it for me. My C4 partner was a friend I met through Fanforce Chapter in my area. I wasn't looking when he found me. I thought he'd be a fun fling for a while and three years later, can't seem to get rid of him. That's the beauty of meeting someone through FF. You make a friend and get to know them within the comfort of your group and the next thing you know, you got a new appendage. Sharing a love for all things Star Wars was a good starting place, not to mention I am a damn good costume replicator. He makes props, I make the costumes of the characters who go with them...definitely a match made in Skywalker Ranch Heaven. Now if I could just get his King Julian of the Lemers costume done before Dragoncon and ready to bust out for a giggle at C4 I will be set for life.

Long story short, share SW moments with friends and passion. You never know if your "destiny" is just outside the next convention door....

Those of you still desparately seeking SW mate...this could be the one.[face_love]
  12. The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thought I'd bump this. We singles should at least look active and alive. I know we still have many months to go. I hope we can have a meeting some where during C4 so we can all socialize. Anyone one who knows the area around the LACC have any recomendations?
  13. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    All of the local hotels have nice restaurant/bar areas. The Holiday Inn has a restaurant/sports bar area on the second floor of the hotel, and of course the Figueroa has a nice outdoor area around the pool.
  14. Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    A bunch of the Fig people are planning a get together on Wednesday night prior to the convention kick off. Of course this may change by the time it actually gets here, but that place should be hopping. Seems like a lot of people are going to try to make it.

15. pwinklespi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, I will be there.
  16. Setal_Dorset Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    whats up yall. let me add yet another single person to the thread....me...ya or something:oops: anyway see yall at C4 we'll all have to get togeather for sure. but u can say whats up on my myspace(www.myspace.com/depressed_pirate) im always up for adding more friends to the list of cool folk i know.[face_dancing]
  17. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I like the sound of that. Although, I did meet someone when AOTC premiered, but that fizzled out - yet we still remain good friends, even though we live on different continents...talked to her last night for about 6 hours as a matter of fact! :p

You just have to be prepared that if things don't work out, your love for the saga can bring up painful memories...but like anything, time heals all wounds, and you'll love it again! :D

So, rock on! [face_dancing]
  18. irishnut Jedi Knight

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ralph...I finally Found some single people going to C4...

34 yrs old living in Kenosha, WI
    Star Wars Fanatic for life
    Looking to meet other SW or Sci-Fi fans and see where it goes....friends are always good to have...

Going to C4 single....maybe that will change during or afterwards...

A singles party sounds great...let me know when and where...

May the Force be with you...all.
  19. jedileann Jedi Master

star 1
    I'm in Kenosha and will be going to C4 single too... maybe that could change before?

And it's so nice to finally find a SW fan in Kenosha that is:

A) Single
    B) Male
    C) Not Jail Bait and/or young enough to be my son
  20. irishnut Jedi Knight

Hello Jedileann,

Maybe it could change before... I work at the Best Buy in Racine in the Geek Squad fixing Pc's. It would be nice to find someone who shares similar interests like Star Wars and doesn't look at me strange when they see my collection of figures.

It's also nice to meet someone who is :
    A) Single
    B) Female
    C) Not Jail Bait

21. irishnut Jedi Knight

Did you book your hotel already to C4?
  22. irishnut Jedi Knight

I was asking because I've never been to CA. and was hoping someone could recommend some hotels in the area.

Plus do you like cats? Most people like dogs, but I like cats. They are a lot smarter atleast my two kitties have proven to be. I have two cats named Mouse (Gray and White) who loves to play and Cricket ( a Calico) who loves to watch TV. Every time I put Star Wars Episode III she runs to the screen and meows at Obi-Wan (Ewan). I tease her that she has a crush on him.

Hope to talk to you soon.
  23. Setal_Dorset Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    ha ha i dont have a problem with cats they have a problem with me... stupid alergies. lol but ya i have no idea what hotel im stayin at i'm not the one who made the arangement but i'll se ya there[face_dancing]
  24. jedileann Jedi Master

star 1
    I haven't booked a room yet, I'm looking to share to cut the cost.
  25. jedileann Jedi Master

star 1
    Cat lover here... got one named Meat Loaf (solid black)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.