main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

C4 Singles!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Woofer, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    That's cool... I'm looking to split the room cost to make it cheaper too.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Now I know why it seemed I was carrying the SW fandom torch by myself for so many years! Was raised in a town of about 20,000+ and then moved to a rural community of about 10,000. I just found the IEFF a few months ago and feel like I've finally found my home!

Well, if Miana K. can do it, so can I:

I'm a female SW fan of 42. :eek: Eek, that sounds so old compared to most of you younglings. As of yet, looks like I'm the oldest one here! (please note my signature) I'm single, but can't say that I'm lovin' or hatin' it. No matter what my status, I try to have a good time and attitude. This will be my first Celebration event and I can't tell you how excited I am! So-Cal is my home, but I'm about 90 miles away from LA, so a hotel is the way to go. Haven't made reservations yet, though. The padawan isn't interested in coming (gasp) so I'm looking to share expenses on a room. A singles get together sounds great! MK, I'll even buy you a stronger drink than a bottle of water to celebrate your coming of age.

Here's a pic of me at Comic-Con.
    [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Comic-Con%202006/KariwithCapt.jpg]

3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    jedifan77, nope, you aren't the oldest, I've got nearly three years on you, coming up on my 45th B-day in January. Also female, I am part of a FF (Mos Everett Cantina) that is 90% female. And the males in our group are already married! I wish I could find a single Star Wars fan in my age bracket around here, but they seem to be scarce

4. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I didn't join my FF looking for single men. I joined to fellowship with other SW fantics. However, there's always that hope that I'll meet a single male fan. All of the FF guys I've met have been really great... and really young or really married. Either way, I've had a blast with this group! I'll always carry that hope of meeting somebody, but will continue to have fun in the meantime! Sounds like that's what most of us are doing.

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I hope I didn't give the impression that I joined my FF hoping to meet single men, because I definately did not, LOL. My group was started by myself and two other women (we did have a a teenaged boy among the original group, but he was the same age as my own son ? he?s since left the group- probably because it consists mostly of old ladies!)

We started our group just to be able to hang around with each other and do Star Wars related activities, as well as pursue other sci-fi/fantasy related interests. It really is just a collection of friends who like to hang out together- We are, after all, The Laid Back Side of the Force.

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    My first posts on this thread and I've already stuck my foot in my mouth! :oops: I'm so sorry it seemed like I thought that! Guess my sarcasm didn't quite come out in the post. Sounds like we're both part of the fan force for the same reason: our passion for all things Star Wars. And, if a nice, good looking male fan happens to come along, that's just icing on the cake!! It's all good!

Single or taken, C-IV is gonna be great fun for all!! [face_dancing]

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    that's okay jedifan77, I knew you weren't being snarky :)

"And, if a nice, good looking male fan happens to come along, that's just icing on the cake!! It's all good!"
    that's about the gist of it. I want to meet a nice nerdy Neil Gaiman look alike who loves Star Wars and Sci-fi in general

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Neil Gaiman? Help me out here. Who is that?

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    He's an author of some rather excellent fiction

take a gander
    http://www.neilgaiman.com/

look around his site, there are various pics of him all over it

I met him in June when I attended the Locus Magazine awards weekend in Seattle, he is a sweetheart and a very genuine guy

he's married and seems that it is happily too

10. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    He's got that Aragorn thing going. It works! I'll have to check out some of his books.

11. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I'm going to call this the thread that never dies. ;)

12. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    What the hell are you people talking about? Gesh, I'm out of it a little while... [face_batting]

-GJ

13. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Men!

Nnaydolem, I love your haircut! And, great proud mom picture!

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Oh no! She's loose again!

15. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    ha ha i have the same problem, just reversed....all of the people i meet could be old enough to be my mom. anyway i cant wait for C4, maybe i can find somebody super cool who can put with my antics[face_dancing] and nerdish habits:-B, but most of all to completly geekout for a week and go more star wars nuts then i already am....lol

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I think you jinxed it!

17. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its not dead. Its resting!

18. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I know. Let's think positive. Everybody found a good and kind fantical SW mate and no longer posts here! :D

19. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    "Thank You Woofer"

With your help I found someone very special <JediLeAnn> who is less then five miles away from my house. She is truly amazing, and I have you and the C4 Singles forum to thank for it....

So Thank You....

20. jedileann

jedileann Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    Well two of us have for sure. Thank you "Woofer", we'll name our first cat after you. LOL

21. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Yeah, yeah. Sure. Blame me.

22. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Here is a much more recent picture of myself

[image=http://myspace-404.vo.llnwd.net/01141/40/48/1141678404_l.jpg]

23. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    What are you holding? Looks like your hand is on fire.

-GJ

24. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    SSSSMMMMMOOOOOKKKKKIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_devil]

25. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    unfortunetly i dont think ther are any cool starwars girls in this crazy nashville..all the ones i meet are really crazy.we have plenty of those here...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.