main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C4 Swag

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DrHaggis, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    As per the meeting last night, I bring you the "Tosche Station" swag thread.

We currently have buttons available via the Tosche Station Store, and "Sith Girl" shirts from the shop here: http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=12709

We will have Tosche Station Shirts available too, once I get the logo done in vector graphics. Any photoshop/corel wizards out there who want to help?

I will be making up laminated lanyard badges for those who want them. Pricing to follow.

There is also some interest in patches/tattoos/wristbands. We need someone to take lead on this if we want to proceed. The lead will get quotes from places, coordinate the artwork and make the order. Payment will be made by the interested membership.

Any takers?

2. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    What is the format you have now, Kent? PM me and I can use my powers to convert that file for you.

3. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    I work w/ many different companies having merchandise done up. If we have what we wnat in file I can get some quotes from multiple companies not a problem (it's what i do all day anyway).

I missed the meeting last night, what kind of wristbands were you all thinking about? Plastic, cloth? Send me some details and I can take care of this aspect.

4. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    It's those silicone ones like the LIVESTRONG ones you see.

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Bump.

Any word on quotes yet?

6. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    I've located several places that can do the silicone braclets, we're looking at about $1.00/a piece so far. I'm waiting to hear back on patches and who does them, and who doesn't.

So what i'm getting estimates on are:

1) silicone bracelets
    2) patches
    3) temporary tattoos

Is there any other items? Sounds like t-shirts are covered, or did you want quotes on those as well because of larger quantities? Oh, and Kent, if you have any difficulties w/ lanyards, I can get them for about $2.00/piece, if we order 100. I haven't really looked into it, i just stumbled upon it in my travels.

There is so much stuff, i can bring a couple catalogs to the next meeting if you guys wanted o do something a bit different, or just get some ideas if you're not set on what we're currently going w/.

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Fantastic work Jamie!!

Bracelets and lanyards would be great!! Not just for those of us going down but the whole group as well. Patches and tatooes seem like they'd be a bit more expensive. Was it just our name (Tosche Station) on the bracelets and lanyards? Do we have a choice of what we want on it?? Is there a cost per letter or some such??

Would you mind looking into T-shirts as well? My contact said it wouldn't really be cost effective for her to do our shirts.

Thanks so much!

8. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Yah, none of the places i've gone to so far do temporary tattoos.

I've asked for some t-shirt quotes already just in case. I'm also having some samples sent to me that i will (hopefully) receive before the next meeting. Not w/ our logo, but at least we can check out the product.

9. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    I tried to get our graphic uploading at Spreadshirt, but I think it is too big. Ryan, could you review the sizing regs for graphics here (http://www.spreadshirt.com/Submit-Your-Design.76.0.html) and resend the graphic too me?

I had planned on using the C4 lanyard that we get with our pass, though I had planned on making up our own tags, like Snowtroopers.ca did last Celebration.
    Here is a sample idea: http://www.flickr.com/photos/drhaggis/383898361/

I'm really interested in patches, but I know they tend to be a little more pricey.

10. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Those are nice Dr.Haggis! Well, i won't worry about lanyards then...how about bamboo cheese sets w/ out logo engraved? ( seriously, they have that...who hands this stuff out?)

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I think Lanyards would be cool. You can always have 1 or 2 on. And they would be great for the Comic Expo as well as we all get Badges.

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Yeah - I think the lanyards would still be cool.

Dr. Haggis - your badge looks fantastic!! They'd be great for C4!

13. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Just heard back from one of the women I go through regularly. Crest/badges would be 3.25/piece if 100 ordered, or 2.70/piece if we go w/ 200. Good quality though. And i'm still waiting on 2 other places that do them.

Got a few back for shirts...anything from $5.83 ( white w/ logo on the front only) to $11.76 per shirt. There's quite a difference in price per company and product. One place might be great for hats but uber expensive for shirts.

Well, i have a sample lanyard coming in, i suppose it's something we can discuss at the next meeting. I'll compile all the estimates and what not for then. We still have lots of time, although it would be good to make a decision and get it all settled.

14. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Great work Jamie. Thanks!!

15. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    The lanyard idea is great as I had one with snowtroopers.ca for C3 and people really notice them. So how much stuff do people plan on bringing? just not sure how many other fanforces have merchandise to do trades with because I was not apart of a fanforce for the last celebration.

16. Darth_Corro

May 13, 2006
    still waiting for logo to vectorize

17. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Logo is already done and vectored.

18. DrHaggis

Sep 7, 2004
    Ryan, I will need the vector graphics you sent me resized as per the requirements here: http://www.spreadshirt.com/Submit-Your-Design.76.0.html

19. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I got the graphic resized to 9X9 like it stated and tried to upload it myself. It still was saying. Improper file format. I know my graphics guy at work has all the requirements set properly. I'll see if he can change it again.

20. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    Just an update, and some prices for you all to ponder over(posting the cheapest i've found to date):

-250 imprinted wristbands $200.00, this is in US, but I also get free shipping and 10% off. Lots of colors to choose from. Works out to $0.60 a piece.

-100 lanyards $131.00 lots of colors, 10% off here as well

- 50 t-shirts, white w/ logo on the front $291.50, works out to $5.83 a piece
    - 50 t shirts, white w/ logo on the front and something on the back $365.50, works out to $7.31 a piece
    Might be available in other colors,I just went simple stupid for now.

- 100 crests/patches, 3-4 inchescircular w/ our logo $325.00, or $3.25 a piece
    - 200 is $540.00, or $2.70 each

And as i mentioned at the meeting, i'm getting some estimates on a few different things that might not be so common. Right now i'm awaiting quotes on zipper pulls and dog tags. Does anyone else have any suggestions? If so, please forward them to me at least a week before the next meeting and i'll get some estimates done up.

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Great work Jamie! Thanks so much! I think the rubber wrist bands would be great. As for colours, I'd pick either a sky blue or lime green (ie light saber colours).

I like the tshirt idea - even with our address on the back, or just 'Tosche Station - Calgary' on it.

And the lanyards (with Dr. Haggis' design) too.
    Zipper pulls would be quite unique.

Any idea as to shipping time constraints? When do we have to order them by? What if there's a problem? Do we get a proof to see before ordering??

22. Vadersmistress66

Oct 3, 2005
    They can all email me proofs. Regarding production and shipping times, some can do it in 2 weeks, but i'd say at least 1 month prior to when we need it, just in case there are any issues, and that way if there's a delay ( which i've seen happen many many times) it's not going to cause us any problems. I'd say at the latest we need to have a decision made by April 20th.

What we are going to need is a total of how many people are going in on this stuff, and of those people who wants to get what. At least that'll give us an idea what we have to work w/.

23. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Count me in for 1 T-Shirt and about $20 worth of other stuff. Lanyards and patches are my preferences if we are narrowing the list down.

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    That's pretty much my thoughts and preferences also.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Okay - as discussed at the meeting tonight here's what we decided to go with:

*lanyards (cost $131 for 100)
    *T-shirts with Tosche Station logo on the front (cost $5.83 each, for 50 shirts totalling $291.50)

So if you want to pitch in for the lanyards or t-shirts, post here.

If 5 people go in on the lanyards, it would cost $26.20 per person (each of you would get 20 and can then sell the rest to other group members). If if 5 people get in on the t-shirts, it would cost $58.30 per person (10 shirts per person, and again you can sell the remainder to other group members).

I'm in for the lanyards and shirts, depending on how many people reply. Although we are using said swag for C4, other members (who aren't going down to L.A.) are of course free to purchase them as well.

Let's get going folks! Time's running out. Remember, the money has to be in Jamie by Monday, April 2nd.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.