C4: WHO'S SERIOUS ABOUT GOING? HEAD COUNT

Discussion in 'Paducah, KY' started by TKYTROOPER, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know C4 is still almost a year away but hotel rooms will be announced soon. We need to have a serious headcount on who is planning on going and who isn't. I think it would be cool if we could all go as a group but I know it's just not some peoples cup of tea and it will be expensive. I know some members are happy having an exclusive or two brought back for them and thats cool too. But these are things we need to know so we can start seriously planning for the trip to L.A. All the hotels in the area have been bought out for the weekend by Lucasfilm and when rooms are announced as available we need to know how many we need. From what I've seen looks like the rooms will run about $100.00 a night and air fare out of Nashville looks to be around $300. I know it won't be cheap but for any of you that have not been to a Celebration it is a unbelievable experience. Hopefully we can have some club fundraisers that will be fun and help everyone that wants to go go. Please post thoughts and plans of going or not going here so we can see where everyone stands.
  2. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I want to go, even if I have to sell my soul....again
  3. ED-VADER Jedi Knight

star 1
    Count me in - I've never been to any of the big events. I've talked to some of the members about their experiences and I've just got to see it - at least once!

I'm willing to suit up for "Any" fund-raising gig that will bring in more money for anyone who wants to go. Let's brain-storm a little for more ideas.

This is a great organization and a great group of people - I'm willing do whatever I can to help in anyway!
  4. TKYTROOPER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess I should have mentioned in the earlier post that both Rena and I plan on attending. Yeah, if nothing else ED Vader has it right its an excuse to suit-up.
  5. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    I am definitly going and I am going to bring along the little lady this time around. Also, just to give everyone a heads up on what "Expensive" means, the con lasts for 5 glorious days so here is a ballpark breakdown of costs PER PERSON:

Airfare $300
    Con ticket at least $120-150 for 5 day pass
    Cab fare for the week $100-150 or car rental $200-300
    Hotel $500-700 for week
    Food for week $150-300
    Shopping cash: this depends on what you want to buy of course, but just C4 exclusives and autographs will cost you about $300-500.

Each person going will have to have at the very least $1000. Some might argue with me but just do the math. And I'm not even factoring in West Coast prices.
    My goal for cash is 3,000 for my wife and I. I hope thats realistic for me because even with that much I will still have to watch my spending. Post your thoughts. pv
  6. ice1138 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I want to go, but I really don't know how my funds will be in a year.
  7. Wil_Sinistar Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me and Barba Fett are in FO SHO!
  8. TK8049 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm in just to see "The STAR WARS TRILOGY IN 30 MINUTES again.I AM IN!!!
  9. SithMonger Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't know how I'll get there yet, but I just don't know how I'll be able to stay away either. I'm in!
  10. pacervader Founder & CR of the Paducah Imperials

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    So it looks like we have at least 10 people going or wanting to go, should be a fun trip. pv
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.