main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp C4

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, so it's been officially announced that C4 will be in L.A. Ugh... couldn't thy have it any closer? :p With the cost of the flight and hotel and tickets... wow. Just too much. So anyone other than TK going to be going? And that's from the Boston Rebs, Imp Syndicate as well.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am pretty sure I am going to C4 next year. I have been given permission by the ol' lady so all I need to do is get the money. My flight should be free thank the maker for frequent flyer miles. Hotel will be split with other people. I just need to sell off my dups and stuff I don't want to pay for the trip. lol I think some of us from Foxboro will be attending as well. I know people from other sites I go to and groups I belong to will be in attendance as well. One group is already making arrangements that is only because we all went to C3 together.

Couple things I am not liking at C4. One would be the time Memorial Day weekend is going to be a big travel weekend and the airports, roadways, etc will be jammed. Two is the location of L.A. I think it is a lil too big of a place to have a convention like this. I think L.A. will be a good time no doubt about that, but there will be too much else going on I think. I also don't like having to fly clear across the country to attend either. The good thing about it will be the weather. It should be good weather unlike Indy were we had snow last year.

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I took a flight to L.A. once... besides changing planes twice, you have to contend being couped up in a plane with about 100 people... and apparently the airlines no longer serve food so you have to bring your own, AND the 3 hr time difference. I would suggest leaving a day early so your body can adjust. So you're looking at 5 days for the C4 and another 2 for travelling... wow, a week :p

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I had a lay over in L.A. when my wife and I were coming back from our honeymoon in Hawaii. I didn't think it was that bad flying from there to Boston. Granted I slept most of the way. Which isn't unusual for me to say the least. I can fall asleep in a 30 minute flight from Detroit to Dayton, OH. I will probably leave on Wednesday and come back on Monday. I want to volunteer if they will allow it. Just not sure how that works. I was thinking doing a couple nights in the store since I am used to being up over 30 hrs when I was an over night at my part time and then go to my day job and back to the night job. I do that at least once a month good money doing that.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    You'd want to contact TK, chewie. He volunteered last year. I do believe you have to get on some kind of mailing list. I'm sure he can hook you up :)

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    HOOKUP!! HOOKUP!!

I don't think so!! They are all MINE!! Mine you hear!! HAHAHAHa-hahaha-haha ! lol :)

Just kidden' It's way to early right now for any info on jobs. There but, I do have a few contections and as soon as I know I'll toss up a posting. I do know this, I will be there with bells on! Theres NO way I miss this one. I can't go to the first 3 and then not this one please. I'll have my ticket with in the next couple weeks. lol. But again as soon as I know anything I pass it on.

Maybe this time if there are more poeple in the area going me can all meet up sometime and talk about any plan you guy's have. I'd be more then glad to help anyone out. One of the most important things to going to one of these is planning. Truths me. Just ask John. lol C3 was his first. Sometimes I think he is still in shock. lol

Anyways, I'm sure it will be a plast!! I hope everyone that wants to go can. So ... Start saving now. I know I am.lol :)

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    definitely keep me posted on this. I have grown accustomed to staying up for a couple days without sleep so volunteering in the store a couple nights would be no big deal for me. I know by then I will be used to getting no sleep as well because of a lil visitor we will be getting in Nov. lol

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm thinking that maybe we should have this thread stickied? Just so we can have it for quick referral and such?

Looking back at some of the stuff I got from C3, I'm wondering if some of the local hotels will have special room keys like they did in Indy? They were pretty neat :D

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    The room keys were a cool idea. I wish I had found that out sooner I would have bought some from the other hotels. I picked up a few extras from the Martiot Courtyard which was the one across from the baseball field and catty corner for the convention center. I had a great veiw of the line every morning at 3:00 am when I woke up. lol

10. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Your right the room keys were very cool. It was a great idea,who ever came up with it. I did endup getting the set of them. I found most at C3 and the last one on line at home afterwards.

So has anyone seen anything new on C4 lately? If so lets see the postings.

Till next time.

SeeYa!
    TK

11. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I haven't seen too much. Some sites are posting info on hotels and stuff. A couple of friends of mine from a yahell group have got together to set some planning started. We formed a group outside our normal one in order to not offend anyone who isn't going. C3 was a big nightmare for the of us who went. One guy wouldn't shut his mouth about not be able to go and was making others feel bad for discussing it and for going. I got into a huge e-mail war with the guy.

12. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    To quote someone more famous than me:

Screw em if they can't take a joke, or in this case, a trip :p

I still really really really wanna go but right now the finances aren't allowing it... unless I sell alot of blood, and a kidney.... lol

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    LOL !!

I will be there !! Picked up the tickets today. I'll have more for everyone on Sunday.

SeeYa!
    TK

Make sure to get to SUPERMEGAFEST on the 18th. I'd love to see everyone and meet ALL the new people I've talked to over the last couple of months. Plus ... let me know if you can make it I have a few passes left if anyone would like one. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE !! lol

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I purchased my tix on Monday. Now I just need to get airline tix. Delta has a direct flight from Logan to LAX on Wednesday which I will probably take. The hotel was booked by a friend of mine. same person I went to C3 with.

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey,

Where are you staying? Right now I'm at the Sheraton.

SeeYa!
    TK

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am not sure what hotel we are staying in but for some reason the Figueroa Hotel sounds like the one. From what I just saw on their website it is a Morrocian themed hotel. Not sure if I want to be there or not. lol

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I was surfing around rebelscum's site and it seems that the exclusive fig for C4 is going to a two pack. Any guesses on who the figures will be? I'm hedging my bets on 3P0 and R2 :D

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I would like to see a Chewy and Han two pack but it will probably end up being a Luke and Leia or Luke and Vader. R2 and 3PO would be pretty cool though.

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    My money is going to be on Luke and Vader. Seeing that it is the 30th annv. it makes the most sense.

SeeYa,
    TK

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Carrie Fisher has been confirmed for autographs on Thursday and Friday... this makes me go all the more! I might have to rob a Brinks truck or something if I want to go though... :(

21. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Howdy!!

Here are a couple web sites you guy's may wish to check out on C4. You can find some very good info in there. Again, we are having a meeting on March 4th. I sure we'll be talking more about it there.

SeeYa,
    TK

http://www.officialpixvolunteers.com/

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/CIV/CIV.html

www.501neg.com

http://www.swc4news.com/main_menu.php

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Whooo hoooo! I got my ticket for Carrie Fisher last night! :D I can't wait now!! :D

I'm such a fanboy lol

23. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, TK and I are all set as volunteers for Official Pix! It should be quite the experience, and I can't say enough about the perks! All that's left for me to put aside is my spending money and my share for the accommadations, and then I'll be all set.

I can't wait!! :D

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am looking forward to C4 myself right now. I leave Wednesday at 5 pm and get into L.A. around 9 pm. I couldn't pass up a direct flight from Boston thru Delta.

I need to find out if I will be helping out Hasbro or not. One of my buds his uncle works there and will be at C4 w/ them.

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Well...

My ticket for Carrie are all set as well. YA ME !! :) I also rec. an invite to stop by the Hasbro booth when at C4. I just work a sale convention for them this past week for the 501st. They were awesome we had a great time. They let us in on a couple things..........SSSShhhhhhh lol !

One of the guy's we worked for told us he was going to be there and come by to look him up. I can't wait for C4 this should hopefully be the best one yet. Each time they get better & better.

Hey make sure you guy's check out the post on the Histroy Channel. Should be a good time.

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.