Calgary C5 Exclusives

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    So it looks like there will only be 2 releases for GG at CV but they did reveal a 30th anniversary mini bust not sure when it will be avaliable. So just Bossk Maquette and Fett 12"

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs110.ash2/38829_414406357694_171646362694_4852837_160072_n.jpg]

Bossk Maquette

License: STAR WARS

Item 80079

Height: 10?

Limited Edition of 1000

$90

Bring on the Bounty Hunters! Gentle Giant presents Bossk; from the second season of the highly successful Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Easily one of the most famous, feared and ruthless bounty hunters the galaxy has ever known. It can be said that his reputation is preceded only by that of the infamous Boba Fett. However, some might suggest otherwise.

Cast in high quality poly-stone and standing 10? tall. This fine statue is beautifully painted and ready to display. A Celebration V exclusive and a strictly limited edition of 1000 pieces. Includes a hand numbered certificate of authenticity. Get Bossk before he gets you!

[image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs059.snc4/35312_414406522694_171646362694_4852839_5676347_n.jpg]

STAR WARS: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 30TH ANNIVERSARY MINI BUST

2-1B Medical Droid Mini Bust2-1B Surgical Droid, light-up Mini-bust

License: STAR WARS

Item 80077

Height: 6?

Limited Edition of 1980

$75

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Gentle Giant present?s 2-1B, the proficient Surgical Droid who joined the Rebel Alliance, in an effort to assist the Republic as a medic.

This 1:6 high quality mini-bust was painstakingly researched and compared to multiple reference sources in the Lucasfilm archives. The final result is a stunning, film accurate creation with clear domed head and torso with vibrant light up eyes and internals.

Strictly limited to 1980 hand numbered pieces to coincide with the original year of ESB?s release. A matching Certificate of authenticity is also included with this very impressive, collectible piece.

Plus so much more new stuff announced, love the Padme holiday bust.
  2. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice pieces!

Greg - do you know if they're available for pre-order? Or just pick up onsite??
  3. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't know for Comic Con they didn't do pre ordering so I would think it would be the same for these.

The 2-1B Medical Droid Mini Bust though maybe able to pre order at C5 seeing as though it's not ready.
  4. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Bossk could be a PRE-ORDER on MONDAY according to there facebook page and the 2-1B bust I think is PRE-ORDERING at C5 but still info leaking out. Bossk does look pretty sweet and the 2-1B is cool and I believe it lights up aswell.

But have to disagree with ya Greg that xmas Padme easy pass, Talon statue on the other hand AWESOME!!!.
  5. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone interested in the Collector Panel Cereal Boxes, I believe these are going to be panel specific as indicated by the backs of the boxes. So here is a quick breakdown of the boxes showen so far:

- Greedos - Collectibles Author Panel
    - Vlix - International Collecting Panel
    - Hothsted Flakes - Toy Prototypes
    - Grape-Hutts - Vintage Star Wars Toys
    - Rasin Han - 30 Years of Empire Strikes Back Collectibles
    - Troop Loops - Star Wars Store Displays
    - Admiral Ackbar Cereal - Star Wars Patches
    - Count Dookula - Food Collectibles
    - Wookie Crisp - Star Wars Collecting Podcasts
    - Fetties - The Empire Strikes Back in Trading Cards

So if there's a particular box you wanna get make sure your at the panel.
  6. Rusted_Halo Jedi Knight

star 1
    looks like i'll be going to all of them now
  7. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Not really an exclusive, but something pretty cool:

http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/yearbyyear/index.html

Star Wars: Year by Year
    will be available for purchase at C5.
  8. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice as that book looks pretty cool, also at C5 Hasbro will be giving out Vintage style cardbacks look for a set of 4 just like this past weekends SDCC which featured Vader, Fett, Hoth Han, and Bespin Luke.

I say they will give away Hoth Leia, C-3PO, Dak, and Dengar
  9. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Looks like Gentle Giant dropped the ball again. No 2-1B mini bust for C5. Production issues. Go figure. What else is new.
  10. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I emailed Gentle Giant 4 days ago asking if they'll be taking any of their men's rings to CV.
    I have had no response yet...is this indicative of them as a company?

I may be interested in the 12" Boba Fett from GG...am I reading this right? It comes on a vinatge style card back (proportional)???

Maybe also some McQuarrie signed art.

Vinny
  11. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes the Boba Fett comes on a vintage style card back and the card will be proportionate to the figure. Just like the stormtrooper you can see pictured on page 1.
  12. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  13. nobodyfresh Jedi Knight

star 1
    [image=http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/90/l_2e0e9a8c18d14f62830f0b0aa4d45319.jpg]
  14. Rusted_Halo Jedi Knight

star 1
    cool.. not sure if it will be in my budget
  15. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    This is definitely out of my budget - whoa!

http://www.officialpix.com/estore/proddetail.asp?prod=CV%2DUltimate%2DSet
  16. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    It would be better if they were signs cards or pictures. Just on a card is pretty lame for $1500. The pins are pretty cool though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.