main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C5 - Official Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by echosevin, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Just announced, C5 will be held in Orlando FL from Aug 12-15! WOOT!!!

This will be the offical planning thread and we'll discuss at the Dec 12th meeting as well.
    Tickets go on sale next Thursday, Dec 10th!! Sign up at the official C5 website for the newsletter and all the latest news!!

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

Let the fun begin!!!

2. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    EPIC TIMES AHEAD!!!!!!!!.

3. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Woohoo!!!!!!!

Ive already contacted my travel agent and shes looking into lining things up. If anyone wants to go in on a group rate kind of thing, let me know.

4. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    251 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

5. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Finally! Time to start saving... [face_dancing]

6. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Loads of cheap hotels are around the convention center a few rooms have been booked at the Days Inn Orlando Convention Center/International Drive across the street from the convention center.

Check them out.

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    If you haven't already done so, get your passport now. It takes around 4-6 weeks to process and it's mandatory for travel to the US.

9. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ticket this weeknd then room booking possibly same day until a con rate is released or my room changes to a con rate

10. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Just filed my vacation request for Aug.09-17, 2010!!!!

Hopefully that will cover enough days.

11. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Just so everyone's aware, a few of us have changed hotels. We're now staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel - across from the convention centre!!

Given the shady reviews for Days Inn, we decided to make the move. The Rosen is bigger and better equiped - and although it comes with a higher price tag, I think we all feel more secure. And with less to worry about, enjoy the trip MORE!!

12. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Check out the official C5 website - hotel blocks went up.

We're at the Rosen, and the con rate is slightly cheaper than we originally booked ($159 as opposed to $179 per night). So a few of us changed the reservation for the cheaper rate.

Check out the hotels and the rates listed - they quote flights too, but it's a bit early to book yet.

13. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Well room is booked just waiting on flight and to get my ticket. Just in case my job decides I'm too vital to get to go on vacation those two weeks...:p. Once it's approved I'll get the badge and secure flight in the new year. I'm at the Days Inn across from the Center.

14. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    We were at the days inn but after reading some reviews on trip advisor about the security at the Days Inn we switched.

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Ya know I read the same thing but to be honest it has safes like anyother hotel....your gonna take your chances no matter where ya stay. I can't see the C5 listings people somewhat working with it if it was that bad.

Any other thoughts on this?

16. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    As discussed at Sunday's meeting, those who bought CV tickets already, received a survey about what we'd like to see and what we don't want to see at CV. I encourage you to fill it out. It's great that the organizers are getting fan input with regards to the show :)

And for those of you who haven't purchased your tickets yet, the price has gone up to $128 for the 4 day pass (an increase of $8). A bunch of us are hoping to get the VIP tickets, and according to the Celebration site, we can upgrade (and just pay the difference). So don't wait any longer!

17. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Badge purchased, I'm prepped to go.

18. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Been looking at flights. Both Westjet and Air Canada have some seats sales going on. Currently, Air Canada has the cheaper fare at $632, inclusive of taxes. But they charge $30 for a second bag, and there's a 4 hour layover in Toronto or Montreal (depending on the route).
    Westjet has a direct flight (but only on Saturday/Sunday) - they're at $726, inclusive of taxes (check 2 bags free). They also stop-over in Toronto (for the non-direct flights).

Only 160 days to go!!

19. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    At Megacon Sansweet said that VIP tickets will go on sale March 22nd!!

Also, CV will take up the West Building of the Orange County convention centre. And....that there will be a digital showing of ESB (possibly an HD version?).

Woot!!

20. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Been checking the Celebration site regarding VIP tickets this morning...nothing so far. No other official word, other than what Sansweet was quoted as saying last week. But re-reading the write-up, he's quoted as saying, VIP tickets will be available 'from March 22nd'.

So....guess that means we have to keeping checking daily (I already do). Will post if anything goes up!

21. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Loads of VIP ticket information today. And not necessarily good. Check out the official site for more detailed info:

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Tickets/VIP-Packages/

Crazy stuff :eek: [face_beatup]

Briefly, there are two kinds of VIP passes:
    $350 (250 tickets available)
    $750 (50 tickets available)

It doesn't seem like the advantages of getting the higher priced pass are much better than the 'cheaper' pass. But...I guess you have to decide which one will give you the better experience.

22. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    A few concerned fans contacted Reed about Hyperspace membership benefits, and this is the reponse they got:

'There will be Hyperspace benefits for Celebration V.
    However, they will be much different from what they have been in years past.
    With that, they will not be as extensive as VIP packages.
    Purchasing a VIP package is the only way to enjoy all the benefits included.'

So stay tuned....[face_whistling]

23. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    I upgraded to Jedi Knight pass.
    It' sexpensive, but I like having a private chill out area right in the venue.
    Jumping a few queues will save a considerable amount of time as well/
    Either way, it's gonna be AWESOME.
    Does anyone know if there is any kind of organised evening events? I mean night clubs and bars, is it basically get out and get freaked? I'm looking fwd to partying every night. When you have 3 kids at home this type of opportunity doesn't present itself very often.
    Vinny

24. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Nice to see you made it over here Vinny. Nice score on the Jedi-knight pass. Yrol and Neil got them as well.
    I know there will be parties afterwards. I know the Global Fan Force admins are tryingto put something together but we will hear stuff closer to the event.

25. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Has anyone ordered any of the CV shirts yet? I'm on the fence about purchasing them - I only really like the one (with the logo).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.