Calgary C5 Possible $400.00 Signer

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Mentioned in the autograph section at rebelscum Official Pix will be announcing a possible $400.00 signer for autographs at C5. Most are speculating that it will be George Lucas since he will already be there but the rumor of Harrison Ford is also being kicked around.

My money is on Lucas and when it's announced there goes $400 out the door :).
  2. Rusted_Halo Jedi Knight

star 1
    $400 will burn a hole in my pocket for Lucas
  3. echosevin Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow. I thought George's would cost more. I bet there are limited quantities.
  4. red-dwarf Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    As an autograph collector myself I would suggest saving your money[face_shame_on_you] .
    If you want a George Lucas autograph buy one from a reputable dealer. It will cost you less;) .
    If you want to meet him, then stand in line and shake his hand.

That $400 will give you once in a lifetime experience, but if we are talking purely about dollar value of the signed photo then buy one away from Celebration.

If you do decide to pay the $400 then decide if you want the person to dedicate it to you....ie put your name on it.
    If an autograph is written 'to' someone it normally, immediately, reduces the value of the item[face_thinking] .
    So it depends on WHY you want the autograph.
    So think carefully before you buy. If you are thinking about it do some research first.
    A good starting point would be the Universal Autograph Collectors Club.
    They are global, non-profit and list reputable dealers for you to contact.
    Or look up the Professional Autograph Dealers Association.

[face_skull] DO NOT BUY AN AUTOGRAPH ON EBAY UNLESS YOU KNOW THE DEALER VERY VERY WELL....BASICALLY NEVER...UNLESS YOU ARE 100 CONFIDENT. [face_skull]

Otherwise...good luck.
    I may spend $400, but then I'll get him to dedicate to me and my family. That would be priceless...but no-one else would want it.
    You see my point.
    [face_idea]
    Vinny Kenobi
  5. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Agrred, I usually meet the actor and have the picture signed just so that I know it's real. Harrison I could beleive, he's been touring withthe esb screenings. Geroge might also be a good possibility. Maybe we'll get lucky and Liamm or Ewan will pop in?

6. Dooks Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah gettting an autograph for me anyway is meeting the person and having a few minutes with them, it makes the whole experience.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.