main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C5 - Tattoo Pavilion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Here's the info on the tattoo programming, taken from starwars.com:

"The Star Wars tattoo program at Celebration V is back, and this time with a new twist. Soon you'll be able to make an appointment with one of a selection of renowned tattoo artists who will be tattooing live at the event in Orlando. All four days of the show fans can also drop in to see if there is time available to get that awesome Star Wars tattoo they have always wanted.

What better place to get a permanent memento of Star Wars fandom than at the biggest Star Wars Party this side of the Galaxy? Marc Draven is heading up the Celebration live tattoo area. Check back soon for appointment information.

Shane Turgeon, author of The Force in the Flesh, is returning to Celebration to coordinate another fantastic Star Wars tattoo show, schedule for Sunday morning, August 15. Sign up for the event at the Celebration V Tattoo Pavilion on the show floor.

While you are there, check out the many skateboard decks designed and painted by exceptional artists. The decks will be auctioned off for charity at the Celebration Make A Wish Auction Sunday afternoon. Turgeon is coordinating "The Empire Skates Back" project, and has contacted some incredible talent to create these decks. Rare, one-of-a-kind works of art, they are not to be missed!"

Make sure to check this out and support a great guy Shane, this event is always awesome and not to be missed.

2. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Hey Dooks,
    can you tell if they are taking bookings yet for the live tattoo event?
    Vinny

3. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Not yet that I know of.

4. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    You can now go on the CV website, see who is tattoing and contact the artists directly to book a time slot.
    It also says you can just turn up as well, but I would imagine you would be hard pushed to get a slot just by turning up.
    Vinny

5. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Can't wait to check this out.

6. red-dwarf

Sep 22, 2009
    I'll be going by.
    If they are not too expensive, and if someone has a short slot, I may get something small like a rebel logo or a Jedi silhouette...something like that.
    If anyone is thinking of getting one at CV.
    Your local tattoo costs here in Calgary area are about $130-$150 per hour (sometimes excluding individual art work).
    So keep that in mind when deciding whether to get one at C5 or wait and get one here.
    Good luck
    Vinny

7. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    As someone with a few tatts, I sujest checking out the artist's websites as they all have artwork to see what there style is I personally would only get a tatt by 3 of the artist that are there and I just might but we'll see how much they charge.

8. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Which 3 would that be?

9. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    I like Mike (Atomic) Heather (Epic) and Kelly (Gearhead)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.