main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C5: The Main Event - Lucas VS Stewart

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Dooks, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    From the main C5 site:

Star Wars Celebration V is proud to present The Main Event ? a live, on-stage interview with Saga creator George Lucas hosted by The Daily Show?s Jon Stewart. The hour-long, candid conversation will spark a discourse sure to shed light on the storied history of the Star Wars Saga ? from its past to its future, with insider insights about the many steps along the way. A self-proclaimed lover of Lucas? ?galaxy far, far away,? Stewart brings a fan sensibility to the interview, aiming to focus on areas of interest to the many diverse and devoted groups that have helped Star Wars endure for more than thirty years. In addition to the dialogue between Lucas and Stewart, fan questions can be submitted, too!

Go to the website and you can submit a question and maybe it will get answered. This should be super fun to watch.

2. Rusted_Halo

Rusted_Halo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2008
    have to get to the panel early

3. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I've seen Lucas on Jon Stewart's show before - they had a pretty good repore. This should be interesting o_O

4. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah this one could be alittle insane but hopefully the hall it's in will be huge. Should be fun to watch this and maybe some of it will air on the daily show.

5. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm looking forward to it, I loved it when Jon asked him flat out all these questions we all think of and George goes' I didn't think of that' and Jon says 'I know George but I've been thinking about it for 25 years!!!'

6. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    Time has been announced:
    Saturday Aug 14th: 11-12ish
    You'll need a wristband - unless you're a Jedi Master/Knight pass holder (teehee!!![face_dancing])
    You'll have to line up at 6AM for the wrist bands....:oops:

For details follow the link:
    http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Questions-For-George/The-Main-Event-FAQs/

7. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    For fans intending to arrive before 6 AM and wait outside, we strongly advise checking with weather reports, wearing proper clothing, and staying hydrated. Please, also, be aware of gators... wtf

8. echosevin

Mar 7, 2005
    A little Florida humour, no doubt o_O

Will remember to bring gator repellant!

9. Dooks

Jul 5, 2005
    Gonna be awesome waiting in line just like at C3, lines are apart of star wars :)

10. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Looks like you and I get to sleep in a bit that day!!! :D

11. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    It's going to be a long day as Endor is that night.

12. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I heard they are also having large screens in the other auditoriums so a lot more people can view the interview even if not in the same theatre

13. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    This is straight from the FAQ section and clarifies some of the above thread re. wristbands, Jedi kKnights/Masters, extra seating etc.
    Vinny

General
    George Lucas is appearing at Star Wars Celebration V on Saturday, August 14 on the Celebration Stage (Chapin Theater) inside the Orange County Convention Center. Being interviewed by The Daily Show's Jon Stewart, this live interview with George is guaranteed to be the crown jewel of the convention and, as such, has been simply and succinctly dubbed "The Main Event". The Main Event begins at 11 AM on Saturday, August 14. The event is free with admission to Star Wars Celebration V ? no additional tickets are required ? but the event is first come, first served.

It is the goal of Celebration V to make it so as many fans as possible are able to see The Main Event as it happens. George Lucas and Jon Stewart are appearing for the fans, so our priority is to make this available to as many fans ? ticketed attendees of Celebration V - as possible.

If you want to attend The Main Event, familiarize yourself with all the information below.

The Stage
    The Main Event runs from 11 AM to 12 Noon (or a little later) on Saturday, August 14 in the Celebration Stage (Chapin Theater) in the Orange County Convention Center. The Celebration Stage seats approximately 2,600. As there are many more than 2,600 fans at SWCV who'll wish to attend, The Main Event is being broadcast live at the following locations:

Digital Stage (Valencia A) - 1,600 Seats
    Behind-The-Scenes Stage (W414 ABCD) - 1,200 Seats
    Fan Stage (W311 ABCD) - 800 Seats
    In total, 6,200 attendees will be able to watch The Main Event at SWCV. If you are interested in being one of them ? to attend The Main Event either in the Celebration Stage or in one of its satellite theaters ? you DO NOT need an additional ticket, but you DO NEED a free wristband. Wristbands are given out first come, first served on Saturday morning starting at 6 AM. Unless you are a Jedi Knight or Master badge holder.

Jedi Knight And Jedi Master VIPs
    Jedi Knight and Jedi Master VIPs are the only attendees who DO NOT need a wristband to attend The Main Event. Part of the Jedi Knight and Jedi Master ticket package is guaranteed seating inside the Celebration Stage. As The Main Event takes place on the Celebration Stage, all a Jedi Knight or Jedi Master needs to do is show their badge to be allowed in. Jedi Knights and Masters have a reserved section of seating up front and should show their badge to ushers at the Chapin Theater to be guided to this section. (Jedi Knights and Masters who arrive early will wait in the Jedi Knight and Master line in the Queue Hall. You are already guaranteed a seat, and ? if you wait in line ? you'll also be the first to be let in.)

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm ok with seeing it on a screen in the other theatre so long as I see it. when I saw him at C3 ya still spend more time looking at the screen depending on your seats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.