main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary C5 - What was Your Greatest Highlight

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    C5 was another epic trip for us as a group. What were your highlights of your C5 Experience.
    Mine were:
    Friday:
    Fan Mixer. - Starting and ending that party was epic. And having everybody coming up and thanking us for getting the party going. Tosche Station tore it up that night.
    Saturday:
    Main Event - was great to see George talk. Even though we were not in the main room it was great. Seeing Vinny on the screen right before the main event was pretty funny. Finding out about Larry Maul. You know Darth Mauls Brother.
    Clone Wars Season 3 Panel - Watching clips and laughing my ass off when the kid told Dave " Don't hide whats inside." was epic.
    Trip to Endor: Raiders of the Lost Jedi Temple of Doom was awesome, and even better we watched it with George and his family.
    Riding Star Tours and feeling like a rock stars wen they were calling us back to ride with the other groups.
    Sunday:
    Resting my feet and getting this done.
    [image=http://www.calgaryfanforce.com/files/c5/tat.jpg]

2. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Nice tat RM.
    Where's the next one go?

My highlights: In no order,
    1)yes, being on screen during the main event.

2)At the first Indy/Jedi show there was a great commotion when warwick davis came in to watch. So we thought it would be fun to start a false reaction. We were at the left side so a couple of us stood up and started flashing our cameras off to the side, this slowly created a chain reaction of 2000 people standing and straining to see who had come in.....NO-ONE, it was a practical joke.

3) Mark hamill poked my wife

4) If you got a gold sig off Hamill it's because I gave him my gold pen.

5) Getting drunk with Dicky Beer (he didn't remember me the next day AT ALL.)

6) Putting my arm around Ashley Eckstein

7) Main Event (including the scene of Luke finishing his L/Saber while hearing vader call him.

8)Carrie Fisher's bloopers in the Main Event.

9)Getting drunk with Daniel Logan

10) Getting drunk with many people I didn't know.

11) Sitting in a pool at midnight, chilling with friends. Yes, getting drunk.

12) Finally, I was more than surprised by how good the One Man Trilogy was.

RM.....what about an extensive poll to see what people liked?
    Vinny

3. red-dwarf

red-dwarf Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 22, 2009
    Prelude check your PM
    Vinny

4. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I see nothing Vinny. Just shoot me an email.

5. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    1. Waiting in line...
    2. Meeting Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher
    3. Seeing George Lucas - That guy that asked the question about why 3PO was driving I think could have been answered easier by saying Luke told him to go that way.
    4. Seth Green hugging R2
    5. Taking the last ride to Endor with Boba Fett

6. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    In no order.

Chilling in the Hoth Ice Bar with friends.
    Running into to a few of you fine Calgary folks.
    Commitment ceremony with a friend here and then giving her away so Shawn could marry her next :)
    The Darkside Grotto party. When your one of only 3 Jedi in a Sith infested club suddenly the ladies want ya, go figure
    Robot Chicken pannel and seeing Seth and the gain talk about their favorite moments and show clips from the third Star Wars special.
    Fighting a bunch of other Jedi and Sith at the Fan Party. Right up till my saber blade lost an endcap. But up till then sweetness.
    Meeting Jake Lloyd and talking Anakin and how he views him now that hes an adult and telling him to do some dramtic television cause he's got some talent.
    Talking with Nick Gillard who then asked me to send him my resume...ok ok that was the high point

7. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Finally home :)
    The biggest highlight for me was meeting Mark Hamill [face_love] He's been my hero since childhood - and never, in my 38 years did I EVER think I'd get to meet him. And he is simply AWESOME.
    *starting and ending the day with George Lucas :D
    *being 5 rows from GL during his interview! Hearing about the blu-ray and seeing the ROTJ deleted scene??!! INCREDIBLE!!
    *meeting some great people from around the world
    *sharing the convention with my friends
    *seeing Greg smile - A LOT!

8. nobodyfresh

nobodyfresh Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 8, 2007
    That's purely specualtion.

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    I think there are pictures to back this claim up. Although the IHOP one begs to differ.

10. StacyD

StacyD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2006
    Where does the time go? One minute you're hearing about the convention in a meeting, the next you're in the terminal waiting for the flight home. It's insane.

Trying to encapsulate the whole of the C5 experience has been on my mind (expect a Wild Gunmen piece on it hopefully within the week), but in no particular order:

-Attending the convention with such amazing friends.

-Salivating over the Ralph McQuarrie Show's contents. Seriously, is there anything that guy's drawn that doesn't look amazing?

-Leaving the other fans absolutely destroyed at the mixer. We tore that place down, re-arranged it, and rebuilt it with our advanced dance technology. If you weren't there, you missed out on some incredible fun.

-The Last Tour to Endor, in which we were indeed rock stars. 'We're gonna do one more!'

-Meeting people from as near as Jacksonville to as far as Australia.

-Attending the Why We Love the Prequels panel and having some of my notions challenged. Part of what I love about the saga is how it can be interepreted through a variety of points of view.

All in all it was a heckuva great time. Can't wait for C6!

~StacyD

11. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    C5 highlights

No particular order:

- Hanging with friends.
    - Collector panels were great learned a few new things and almost have a cereal box set. Missing Wookiee Crisp and the tray to display them.
    - Main Event = AWESOME NUFF SAID!!!.
    - Last Tour to Endor was too much fun, went on it 5 times and screamed my head off each time. Nothing like a small space full of diehard fans to make your night.
    - Fireworks at the Last Tour were EPIC!! Set to the Star Wars music was really cool.
    - Meeting fans from around the world and some from your own backyard.
    - Meeting Anthony Dainels, Mike Edmonds, Caroline Blakiston, Dermot Crowley, Tim Rose, Mike Quinn, and Ben Burtt.
    - Season 3 Clone Wars panel.
    - Indiana Jones show at Disney with Lucas in the crowd, great fun stuff.
    - Art of Ralph McQuarrie exhibit was mind blowing.
    - Meeting fellow collectors from around the world.
    - All the exclusives I wanted I was able to get no problem.
    - Life size props the Belgium 501st brought were spectacular.
    - Tattoo area was awesome, congrats to Shane for all his hard work he put into it.
    - Hanging in the lobby after each day getting the lowdown on what people experience.
    - Seeing how happy and excited people can get, shows that were all just kids at heart.

C5 was an all around amazing time and is why this is the one convention I always look forward to. Already counting the days until C6 is announced and the madness starts all over again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.