main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    And I was there, like Darth Sidious, in control of both sides! [face_devil]

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Now that I think about it, it kinda reminds me of Christopher Lambert's voice from the Highlander movies. Sooooooo.... it's whatever the hell that was.

Ulicus likes this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "You talk funny, Kenway. Where you from?"

"LhOts oF DhiFfeRENt PahlAces!"

Gorefiend likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Were there lightsabers involved?

Tell me there were lightsabers involved.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'm not familiar with Doctor Who; what would they have to defend against lightsabers?

7. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Sonic screwdrivers, of course.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    [​IMG]

Is there something against finales this year? Community was OK character-wise, but the plot was mediocre. Bones finale was terrible. Castle finale was pretty poor, replacing great character dynamics and humor with manufactured DRAMA.

Gorefiend likes this.
  9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    No, you're just watching the wrong shows.

10. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Dexter had a good finale. The Walking Dead's finale was a transparently obvious attempt to keep the current prison arc going.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, The Office is finally ending tonight. This past season has been mostly eh, but the last episode or two were pretty good, so hopefully the series finale will be good. 30 Rock's series finale was low-key, but appropriate for that show.

And Parks & Rec had a pretty good finale this year, with a cool cliffhanger even! Archer also had a great finale. And then of course there was The Walking Dead and its awesome cluster**** of a finale. And RC, I was afraid they'd end the prison arc too soon, considering how long it lasted in the comics. Still plenty of material for them to cover there.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Part of it is I'd like to see more of the Ricktatorship on the road, like in the post-Woodbury arc of the comics. But the finale just felt.... flimsy, I guess? A lot of buildup just to have the governor act his usual crazy self, FINALLY get Tyreese in the group, Andrea die, and have a bunch of old people join the Prison.

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    After something of a disaster with my last regime, it's time to give Crusader Kings II another shot. This time I vow to conquer all of the free world. Or just live a generation or two.

Ulicus likes this.
  14. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Oh, do tell. How did your dynasty end?

15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    It wasn't so much a fiery end as it was everything was spinning out of control The biggest part was that I didn't understand the interface, and therefore wasn't managing anything properly. This time, I intend to at least try to make proper use of my council.

Also, didn't take long for my heir to start scheming. I found out that he's trying to have my other son killed. I'm gonna be nice and confront him about it, try and get him to stop without conflict... of course, that always gets the non genre savvy character killed [face_skull]

EDIT: Quick question. Anyone have any tips for dealing with potentially dangerous factions? Is there a way I can use their levies against them before they can think of rebelling?

16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    thanks becca!

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Castration.

18. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Tried that, only seemed to make him angrier.

Anyway, you guys were certainly right about this game being addicted. I rarely let myself play a game for more than two hours straight, and I took a break from it, but I had to come back pretty soon. It's kind of scary how quickly the time passes when playing this game.

Another question: during wartime, would it be better to have my spymaster scheming in my capital, or building a spy network in enemy territory? My thinking on the latter is that it could potentially deliver morale boosts, which I think would help during my siege. Even so, I'm starting to think knowing about a neighbors homosexuality would be more useful for areas I'm not at war with.

Also, any advice for accelerating a siege? Other than throw more troops at it, of course.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Arrr! Gods I am already sure to go 100 hours on this game…

20. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    So I caught my son lying to me and rewarded him for it, to encourage his rapidly growing intrigue skill (this kid is a prodigy spymaster in the making). Next thing I know I find him torturing a rat. Then he beat up the son of one of my vassals that pays his taxes to the Pope.

This game is awesome.

Ulicus and Gorefiend like this.
  21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I usually keep my spymasters scheming on my own capital to uncover plots against me. I rarely find them useful for anything else.

instantdeath likes this.
  22. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Spymasters are good for stealing technology from the Byzantines, provided they don't get caught.

instantdeath likes this.
  23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I see the Mayor of Toronto is finally getting the (international) attention he deserves.

24. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    One early criticism I have, though, and feel free to tell me the reasons this in place or how I might use this to my advantage, is that you can't seem to gather levies while you have a force already out in the field. This is very applicable to me, as I had a 15 year siege going that went nowhere due to me not having enough troops to storm it. I would have liked to have built a militia ground, waited a few years to build troops, then sent them to reinforce the siege. Instead, I have to march my existing force back to my capital, giving the enemy time to rouse their troops and attack, costing me troops. Then again, I probably would have lost those troops in the siege anyway.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You people and your sophisticated games. I'm playing Lego Star Wars Battle Orders.

instantdeath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.