main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    If that's the list of shows you aren't watching, whatever you are watching needs to stop.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I know what you mean. I plan on someday watching The Shield, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, The West Wing, and MASH, among others.

I did catch The Michael J. Fox Show premier last night. It was okay, with a bit of a 30 Rock vibe given the setting and use of an in-universe NYC-based show, but nothing special. Really, though, NBC's comedy lineup is a shadow of its former self, with only Parks & Rec and Community remaining from the glory years of the aughts.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Tmesis, actually.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I was rearranging my bookshelves, moved Invincible to its new spot (onto an admittedly crammed shelf) and, not two seconds later, COLLAPSEMENT!

Dammit, LotF.

:(

5. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Just place LOTF in a box in the corner, so it does not pollute the other books. :p

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I banished LOTF to the basement.

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I never bought or read LotF.* I win.

*Except Betrayal, and I bought but only finished half of Exile.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    WELL ISN'T EVERYONE ELSE CLEVER!? [face_not_talking]

Anyway, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was pretty great. Though I'm sure Trip hated it on account of the Whedoniness. :p

s65horsey and AdmiralWesJanson like this.
  9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    This is what I hear when people say things like that.

Zeta1127 and Ulicus like this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, to be fair, Trip does generally hate most things.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    re: Agents of SHIELD

Enjoyable stuff, I liked the little nods to the films - particularly the use of Extremis.

Skye was the usual irritating Whedon-style "sassy" female character, so boring as hell and her 180 degree flip in outlook was very fast.

Enjoyed the techs, reminded me of the Mass Effect engineering duo.

Liked the car at the end, seeing one of those done in TV is damn cool.

Ulicus likes this.
  12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah, I confess, I was like "WOOHOO WE GET THIS STUFF ON TV, NOW!"

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I worked it out just before it was revealed, my wife had no way to know what was coming so my cryptic quip: What car do you think Fury's going to have?

Cue flying super-speed rocket car.

14. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    [​IMG]

15. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I linked that in Disney Wars earlier today. It's a sad read.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I loved Agents of SHIELD. I don't have any reference points other than The Avengers movie, but...Mike Peterson. Damn, I love that dude, I just want it to work out for him and his son.

I expected to see more of Agent May given how prominently she was featured in the trailers. As far as "sassy female characters," IMO that's what makes Whedon great. *ducks*

s65horsey likes this.
  18. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    I'm kinda glad it didn't get made, i hate boba fett.
    Also force unleashed was like what 2 or 3 hours?

I

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wow. Just wow.

I don't know that I'm surprised that he's the most wishy-washy person alive, just surprised that he was so blatant about it with his staff and was either ignorant or ambivalent to the fact that it made them nuts.

20. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    8 and 6 hours. The former is about normal for a single-player game. The second was conspicuously short.

21. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Man... that article makes me sad. I would have loved to see just one, just one of all of those different versions of Underworld/1313 or Battlefront/First Assault/Version 2 come out. I feel sorry for the people who worked on those games, I can't even imagine how badly it must have hurt to have a project they'd worked so hard on canned after so long in development.

Also, I appreciate the note that EA had been trying to buy LucasArts outright rather than let those people go without jobs. And it really sounds like 1313 was canned because of it interfering with the plans for the future films, since the other cancelled project, a Battlefront game in some form, was handed to EA and DICE; I wonder what companies aside from EA offered to help finish and release 1313?

22. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    tbh I haven't even watched it yet because the previews alone were enough to give me hives.

That's not true I like lots of things. Rocks, trees, sticks... spike...

23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I see what you did there.

24. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, that was a depressing read.

25. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004

Huh...I'll have to rewatch, but I was sure they'd mentioned that it was Rising Tide in Paris, but maybe SHIELD was confused.

IDK, the articles I've read all seem to think it was Rising Tide in Paris. They don't reveal the voice as the voice of Rising Tide until right before the reveal in the van

http://www.heavy.com/entertainment/...d-premiere-summary-recap-synopsis-web-series/

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.