main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    There's 8+ brushfires across San Diego county which may or may not have been arson. Of course, the local high here today was 102 degrees Fahrenheit and there's been Santa Ana winds the past two days.

I'M IN A BURNING INFERNO

Edit: apparently each fire is considered a crime scene until proven otherwise. And supposedly the fire which is literally 2 miles from my house has been contained and forward progress stopped.

Edit 2: apparently a new fire has just been reported

edit 3: It sucks because there are rolling blackouts due to either the heat or the fires or both (I read something about the infastructure being affected by the fires) so when I got home the power went out about 15 min after I walked in the door and was out for about half an hour and the cell service has been terrible

2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  3. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    It's confirmed that the fire near my house is under control

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Finally saw ASM2.
    Electro and the Goblin were pretty much the mess I feared they would be, but the early stuff with Peter and Harry was great, and Emma Stone owns Gwen Stacy forever. I really disliked that casting choice when it was first announced but now I'll never see the character as anyone else.
    Yep, loving it.

Draconarius and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Found something on io9 I had to share - a recent Arrow fight between Team Oliver and Deathstroke, Star Wars-ified. :D

Warning, some of the responses after the video use language inappropriate for this site. But the video is both well-crafted and a fun homage:

http://io9.com/ewoks-invade-the-arrowcave-in-this-amazing-arrow-star-w-1575303717

(The actual Ewok content is more like "blink and you'll miss it," but it's well-timed, IMHO.)

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I just found a tick. Fourth tick of the season. Since I'm now itchy, I intend to make the rest of you itchy. Yes, visualize ticks crawling all over you!

7. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    As a friend put it, it is a decent romantic comedy stuck in the middle of a terrible terrible action movie. ;)

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, folks, tomorrow is probably the last evening I'll be around for a while. Enjoy your soon to be Jello-free May :p

9. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    When the cat is away...

[​IMG]

Jedi Ben, Gamiel, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005

:(

11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Time for the sexy Emperor Party!

[​IMG]

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh gosh, what are we going to do without your superb knowledge of Classical languages, history, and culture to keep us on the up-and-up? :p Where are you going, exactly?

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I am traveling, to increase said knowledge of languages, history, and culture. Sadly not to Europe, but alas.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So a couple weeks ago Jonathan Hickman was doing an AMA and I jokingly asked if he was doing a SW series--then forgot about it for a while. Turns out he actually went to the trouble of replying "nope"--that's technically news, isn't it? Kinda?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    New extended trailer for the fastest man alive:

Looks pretty good to me. Still hope they can incorporate a few other Justice League members.

TrakNar and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    That's really cool. I need to watch Arrow.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So I just saw Godzilla and I have only one thing to say
    [​IMG]
    All hail the king!

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    When I first saw this, before scrolling own to see that there was text under the image as well, it looked like the "one thing" you had to say about Godzilla was "Guh!" :p

So I just have to post this here, because it's in my mind and I'm in just the right kind of mood:

Q. Did you hear about the frog who parked in a no-parking zone?
    A. He was toad.
    You are all most welcome. :p

MercenaryAce, TrakNar and Revanfan1 like this.
  19. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    MLP has a stupidly high ratio of earworms to normal songs ratio. They need to put out more CDs of the music more quickly.

20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004

I'm in the Black Lodge with Dale Cooper. I'm waiting for you.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    It's funny, but one of the benefits of the early Internet was access to Usenet, and I still have the old dot matrix printout (off the department printers) of the Twin Peaks commentary, which included the cut scenes from the movie... which are finally going to be available twenty years later. And I still recognized the scenes in the trailer - where Chris Isaac beats up the obnoxious sheriff, where David Bowie is transported back to his hotel in South America, where poor Annie is in the hospital... man, that's awesome.

22. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    BUENOS AIRES

Is Annie in the hospital from the finale or the film? There's a few that seem like they were more appropriate to the TV show.

Edit: Oh and is that music from the soundtrack to either seasons of the show or the film (specifically the first song)? Or new? nvm found it

And David Bowie sounds like Cam Clarke as Liquid Snake when he says "1989?" Or is it the other way around? Also I recognize the scene as well.. MAYDAY MAYDAY

LASTLY, my theory is that if there was a season 3 or a sequel film, Annie would have been comatose and mentally in the lodge "with Dale and Laura." Whereas the same is true of Dale, except he has BOB in him so he's not comatose.

23. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The scene was supposed to be from the film. The last episode only has the scene in the Great Northern following the Black Lodge stuff, IIRC. The film, however, only has Annie appear in Laura's bed as a vision - the script indicated there's a cut scene that shows it was Annie in the hospital talking to Laura in the past. (The uncut film should have the only post-TV series scenes, which should include one with Dale, Truman and Doc in the Great Northern... and something else involving a certain ring).
    Edit: The scene with David Bowie reappearing in his hotel in South America is a cut scene - as well as the fight with the Sheriff, which was inexplicable since they made this whole bit about him antagonizing the FBI agents... the original movie just goes from the Sheriff refusing to release the body of Theresa Banks, to the body being loaded in a car, without seeing what happened.

One of my favorite cut scenes - when Gordon has his weird code, and the two agents are discussing what it meant, there's a cut scene at the end:
    KEIFER: What does Gordon's tie mean?
    CHRIS: Nothing, that's just his bad taste in clothing.

24. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I assume that Dale in this post-series scene is actually BOB?

25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yes. And IIRC, there should be something additional with the "Good Cooper" in the Black Lodge... which I think is that scene towards the beginning of the trailer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.