main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Jello edit: all movie discussion must be kept to the movie thread.

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    So, here's a thing you guys might enjoy:

A podcast called I Was There Too, hosted by Matt Gourley (whom you might recognize as the guy from the Volkswagen ads), recently had Greg Proops come on to talk about his experience as Fode (or maybe Beed) on TPM.
    The podcast has a series of guests who had small parts in big movies, and if you can handle some innocent prodding of the prequels (but incredibly sensible and kind words about Lucas himself), and if you don't lose your **** at a couple slight inaccuracies which get glossed over in conversation, I highly recommend carving out an hour to listen to it. I opened for Proops doing standup once, and for all his gregarious rhapsodic rambling, he's actually a wonderful, down-to-earth guy. Some language, BTW.

If you like the host, Matt Gourley, definitely check out the Superego podcast. It's improvised comedy sketches, but edited down into very tight, hilarious bits. Example here and here and a less-funny-but-Star-Warsy one here.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So I totally didn't realize until I got the new trophy, but it turns out that today -- SW trailer day -- is my 14th JC anniversary. Dang.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Welcome to the club.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Short but cool Sagan-narrated look at concept colonization efforts around the Solar System:

Abadacus, starfish, Gorefiend and 4 others like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Was at my annual Disney visit yesterday, which was excellent. Aside from everything being Frozen (!), which was wonderful beyond words, I did the usual requisite multi Star Tours visit.

Of course, I always insisted that the ride is just a ride and shouldn't be considered part of continuity for many reasons. However, it occurs to me if the ride does end up being considered canon because of its Disney association, a lot of Zahn and KJA worlds will end up being canonized as a result since they show up in the weather reports I've linked before. Kind of neat.

It would also make the "Jingle Bells" tune canon, too :p

8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Star Tours canon?

Nah, they'll just hang a huge LEGENDS banner up above the entrance. :p

CooperTFN, Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Everybody who enters the ride gets Legends tattooed onto their forehead.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Zorrixor likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Man I feel sorry for whoever gets the Illiad.

cthugha, Kylun and Vthuil like this.
  11. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wanderers is brilliant!

So I briefly ventured to 7SA, and I desperately needed to crawl back in this little corner of the boards. [face_worried]

[​IMG]

12. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dragon Age: Inquisition is awesome.

The other day I had a COMPANION perform a "renegade interrupt" and leap in to kill someone I was interrogating. I was following the "I have more questions" path, and this follower kept interjecting to say, "Why are you talking to him?" "Seriously, stop." "Look, I won't say it again, he's getting into your head!"

Then, when I tried to ask the final question I had remaining.

"THAT'S IT!" *follower proceeds to beat the NPC to death*

My character, "WHAT THE HELL!?"

Them: "I warned you."

13. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oddly enough, I dreamt about the Star Tours ride last night, despite never having gone (3expensive5me), and one part had the center of the ride open up and random riders fed to the sarlacc.

For some reason, I don't think that's part of the ride. :p

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  16. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    As I read it in deluxe hardback, I'm way behind on Chew, but I love the cover for #45, noway does it end well:

[​IMG]

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This simultaneously makes me laugh and hurts my soul. 8-}

[​IMG]

cthugha, Zorrixor, Gorefiend and 4 others like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I saw that appear on the Wook yesterday. Someone needs to buy all those kids' books and enlighten us. With a dramatic reading.

Preferably in the angsty voice of Gamiel's video there.

19. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  20. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I like it, but it actually worries me more than anything, because 99% of the time an unproven IP goes all-star right out the gate like this, it's because the script is terrible and they don't know how to save it except to bring in actors/actresses who can liven up crappy material.

They still need their Amanda Waller, as well, and I pray to the Lord and all that is Holy that they don't cast Oprah like the rumors are saying they might.

21. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Very true, I must say though I did have to look up the DC version of the Enchantress. The latest Suicide Squad DC cartoon movie was pretty good at least.

Yeah I saw the Oprah rumor today, Kerry Washington was the other.

22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Send me the books and I will gladly haul out my mic, open up Audacity, and do a dramatic reading.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Heck, just send me excerpts and I'll go for it, too.

24. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Carl Sagan's awesome, that wanderers film, that's class. That would be so neat to walk around on one of Jupiters frozen moons.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  25. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    How is Chew? I have the first deluxe sitting in my reading pile, but I have a ways till a get to it. Should I bump it up and buy some more deluxe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.