main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    So been playing Crusader Kings as Duke of Austria, in short order I was able to usurper the Title of Holy Roman Emperor and besides taking all the Holy Roman King titles I also managed to secure the Kingdoms of Jerusalem, Egypt, Burgundy, Aquitaine, Italy, Hungary and Poland for the House Babenberg, whilst also pretty much being best friends with the Emirs of Hispania. Next goal is to actually take France, though they are annoyingly resistant to it, I must have killed 8 French Kings in less than 30 years with Assassination plots and still have not gotten into a good position to claim it.

Ulicus likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, I breathe, occasionally.

But, 100 % of people who breathe will eventually die.

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    But 100% of people who stop breathing and stay that way die much faster.

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Stop using your precious breath to laugh! You will use your limit sooner!

Limit, that's a funny word. Leemit. Limeet. Llimit.

RC-1991 and Ulicus like this.
  6. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    UNLEEMITTTTEEEED LEEMITS!

Lugija likes this.
  7. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    This is one of those times when I look at what I just wrote and decide that I'm never going to need alcohol.

Ris_jSarek likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  9. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    That's one theory. If I knew anything about Doctor Who, that is. I don't even know why the doctor changes every season. Do they all get killed in season finale or something like that?

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Limit is the manifestation of the numinous god known as Terminus -- the god of boundaries, limits, and finality. He is, naturally, intangible and ineffable. Technically referring to him as 'he' at all is nothing more than convention, based on the gender of the word itself and not the deity which is rather beyond conception (cf. Ops).

Ah, numina. Anybody who thinks that the religio Romana is just cribbing off the Greeks is a dope. :p

RC-1991 likes this.
  11. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Real Life: actors just want to move on of course. In Universe: the Doctors species can regenerate into a new body if they die. So it is still the Doctor but in a new body and with different personality quirks, usually aspects that where very important to the previous incarnation.

Been playing some more Crusader King and it can apparently be insanely detrimental to have too many kids as Holy Roman Emperor, especially if the eldest doesn’t want to wait for normal inheritance and gets both the Emperor and himself killed in an Uprising. So now the Empire has actually collapsed into 11 Kingdoms all held by a Sons or Grandsons of the last Emperor and I am stuck playing as King of Jerusalem and the worst thing about it is that the bloody King of France actually now is in a better position to become next Holy Roman Emperor then me. [face_plain]

12. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    I don't know if I actually am drunk and I just don't know it, but I just watched the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic to see what the fuss is about. And I thought it was a sweet, positive, well-animated show for kids like me. What irritated me that in otherwise good dub they didn't translate the names. It felt jarring to suddenly hear English words like "Applespike" and "Fluttershy" in Finnish sentences. Especially since this is (?) a kids' show, and the names were clear and literal ("Nightmare Moon" as a villain's name? How grievous)

13. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    [​IMG]

Yes, please.

Mirax Terrik, RC-1991 and Gorefiend like this.
  14. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    Still kind of sad that they could not get the Planescape license, though if they manage to make it even just half as awesome as that setting count me in.

Ulicus likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ulicus - I've never played Planescape. What can we expect from this one?

Do not become a Brony.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  16. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Just to reiterate, because this cannot be emphasized enough, Lugija: don't become a Brony.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  17. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I watched an episode, just to give it a chance... I mean, it's a well made kids show, but I simply could not comprehend why it gained such a large adult following.

The only experience I have with Planescape is Planescape: Torment. I'd wager that's all I need.

18. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    No Planescape, for one. It's a different setting, entirely.

Finally picked up "The Republic", now it's only £1.25 or whatever ridiculous price it was in the sale (Paradox are crazy, how do they make money?). I like the hats, I don't like embargo wars.

Maybe I should try being a Republic in the vanilla, first. :p

19. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Embargoes are crazy. The upside is that, since you are a Republic and should have a crapload of money, you can pretty much keep mercenary companies on retainer.

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    In the first ten/fifteen years, though? :(

I've been embargoed by the Byzantines and the HRE in that period of time.

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, embargos are BRUTAL in 2+ -- prepare to have it happen a lot as a Republic, especially a ducal level republic. Kingdom levels like Genova, Pisa, and Venezia are better off -- but usually they need to beat the crud out of their enemies.

22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I've seen lots of My Little Pony. But I have a 3 year old daughter. Makes one's mind numb...

23. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    What, the daughter or the show? MLPFIM is awesome.

For Nick:
    [​IMG]

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  24. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    With all the shows I'm watching at the moment, I wouldn't have time for that. But an episode here and there won't hurt... between GOT episodes perhaps, for best effect?

AdmiralWesJanson, is that a movie version of this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Liberation_of_Gial_Ackbar

25. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    It's a potential spin off movie, alongside the Yoda, Boba Fett, and Han Solo ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.