main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Cyborg space whale with severe barnacle issues pursues 70s ray gun through space.

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Genital warts?

3. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Not with that texture, I'd hope.

Or shape, for that matter.

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I wouldn't know. I defer to your greater expertise, LI. :p

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I've heard of The Test of Wills. I take it from your use of the word "attempt" that it's not very good?

6. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Pfft. If we are going to test based on Rebel Fleet images, we need to make sure we use the best ones. The classics. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Adm. Nick

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, it's quite enjoyable. I just prefer his short stories. I call it an attempt because it's not an official novelization.

8. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    If you are a Babylon 5 fan, read The Dilgar War

9. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I'll keep that in mind when I watch the series.

Skimmed through a few of those, and read "The First Refusal", and really like what I see. That had always been my fanon interpretation of Thrawn's refusals, as well. Any other Star Wars fanfic of particular note? I think I'd generally prefer stuff that could conceivably be canon, rather than "what if Han Solo and Darth Maul teamed up for a buddy comedy" type of stories.

10. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I finally read Dark Empire Trilogy.

"My lord, it appears that your body ages too rapidly!"

[​IMG]

In other news: Next Game of Thrones episode in 42 weeks. Waru darn it.

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Curses!:(

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Mine? :p I hate alternate universe stuff myself: I prefer writing things that fill in the gaps left in the canon.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Community episode- rather blah, continuing with the damage to Annie's character and yet more unfunny sexual harassment jokes. I can take Jeff/Annie not progressing, and while Jeff/Britta being shoved down out throats would be horrible, it's the casual joking about stalking and harassment that is really annoying me about this season.

14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...are we watching the same show?

15. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    I assume so. Community, season 4? Granted, Jeff/Britta was not reall a part of this episode, but it did seem pretty heavy in Herstory of Dance. And the harassment jokes have gone from more than just a flanderized Dean's obsession with Jeff to affecting both Jeff and Annie's characters in an extremely negative way.

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    What did the Dean jokes have to do with Annie?

And I mean, look, I guess a conversation could be had about the humor in the Dean/Jeff thing, but Jeff/Annie is not happening. If your enjoyment of an episode is tied to that, you might as well get out now.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, just finished the penultimate paper in my academic career. And by Wednesday afternoon, I'll be done with my last ever paper...

Just gotta, y'know, actually write the damn thing. And come up with a thesis. And oh, start researching. ****!

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So no biggie :p

I need to find the paper on Italian-Latin bilingualism suggested by my capstone prof, as it apparently pertains directly to my topic.

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Jello, do you mind? We're talking about TV right now.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You're talking about a TV show about school, and specifically about a group of students who are in their last year at said school. Totally relevant.

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Yes, but theirs doesn't involve wet t-shirt contests, and is therefore more realistic.

Havac likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh yeah, I guess that's tomorrow. Well, I'll be in class all day, so I can expect to be very annoyed about the racket they'll doubtless be making. I'll sure I'll make some sort of post complaining about it. That's what this thread is for, right?

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Remember what Hav said - only if there are pictures.

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Make sure to include some sort of Monocle Cat so we can properly understand the dire situation.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Just you wait. Maybe I'll take pictures of the firemen instead. :p

I know the ladies here would probably thank me for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.