main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    *cough*

what about Rebellion 2? :p

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Sure, may as well ask for TIE Fighter Empire as well.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I imagine Disney is a lot friendlier to Imperial-themed games than Lucas was. It suits their corporate ethos better, esp. in combination with EA :p

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Dear BioWare/Disney:

STAR WARS: INQUISITORS OF THE NEW ORDER

Single player RPG, thank-you.

And I really hope we finally get our Vong era "Jedi Master: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Knight III: Dark Forces IV", too.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Kyle vs Vongrella!!!

Ulicus likes this.
  6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I used to dream of a Rogue Squadron game set during the NJO. Think of the possibilities. Dubrillion, Kalarba, Ruins of Sernpidal, 1st Coruscant, Borleias, Ebaq 9, Mon Calamari, 2nd Coruscant... It would be fantastic. Hell, if they have to include a Hoth-esque level, throw in a refugee evacuation mission.

Havac and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Problem is Factor 5 went out of business. That's why we haven't gotten any past Rebel Strike :(

Gorefiend likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Sunscreen made those games?

9. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Considering that it used to be "Hopefully they've learned their lesson from the Diablo III fiasco", I'm guessing the answer is still "No".

Ulicus likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    YES!!!!! :D

[​IMG]

I love evacuation missions. I can cover GR-75 medium transports all damned day long!

[​IMG]

THE FIRST TRANSPORT IS AWAY! [face_dancing]

--Adm. Nick

Gorefiend, Zeta1127, Havac and 3 others like this.
  12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Bonus points if they were to use it as a chance to utilize the New Class ships.

Zeta1127 and Havac like this.
  13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    If I ever see a Nebula-class Star Destroyer, Endurance-class fleet carrier, Majestic-class cruiser, or MC90 Star Cruiser used in a official game I will officially die from delight. No joke folks, if that happens, call 911 and send them to my location. [face_nail_biting]:p

--Adm. Nick

Zeta1127 and Havac like this.
  14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I want to "like" this post but the intention would likely be misconstrued. So I shall like your previous post instead.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Barriss my friend, "like" away. I am positive that your reasoning isn't that you want me to die of a heart attack. [:D]:p

--Adm. Nick

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  16. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    i guess if we're talking fantasy games i'll say i always wanted a Knights of the New Jedi Order, classic bioware style, you know, four planets, 6-8 archetypical companions, etc.

start out on kalarba, escape to yavin iv, then off on a super important quest to stop the vong from shaping jedi clones or something, idk. along the way you pick up, like, an NRI agent, an iron knight, a YVH droid, an R-something unit, a shamed one... idk who else, maybe a cagey smuggler with a heart of gold. oh yeah and i guess you will have an opposite sex fellow jedi friend and default love interest probably. who gets captured by the vong in the third act, for maximum angst.

it would be sooo kickass

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Today i accomplished a lifelong dream. I Went to an arcade for the first time in eight years. First thing I did was run (literally) towards the ancient Jurassic Park co-op game.

And for the first time ever, I played to the very end and won. Man as a kid I had no idea how long that game actually was. But I did it. My childhood is now complete.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Were you preventing any other kids from playing? That's the only way to go to an arcade as an adult.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nope -- we had the place reserved all to ourselves, with unlimited game cards (hence why I was actually able to beat this game... after 45 minutes of the damn thing, my fingers were so exhausted).

I've basically committed genocide against all the velociraptors, compsognathids, hadrosaurs, tyrannosaurs, pachycephalosaurs, deinosychids, pterodactyls, and apatosaurids in the universe. Ugh and there was one weird boss which I completely forget... arrrgghh and I totally recognized the species too. Dammit! :(

I also kept dying due to friendly fire because I shot all the innocents. I am pretty sure I blew off Ian Malcolm's head and shot Sarah Harding in the crotch. Whoops. :p

20. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Weird boss- Carnotaurus?

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That's exactly the one! Dude, have you played the game recently?

22. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    RF posted a video of a playthrough in #eu about a month ago, IIRC. Also, you already listed nearly every dinosaur that A) was in the movies/novels and B) could be a boss, so that narrowed it down.

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I always miss out on the whole #eu viewing sessions things. I still kick myself for doing homework instead of participating in the legendary group hearing of the ANH audio drama.

24. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Was it the invisible Carnotaurus? That one was freaky.

25. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    We really need to organize an #eu CKII game for late July/early August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.