main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Dear Astrobase Go!: if you keep Hank in that woman suit the entire season, I will send you ALL MY MONEY.

AdmiralWesJanson and blackmyron like this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's not what white tie means. :p that's just convenient shorthand for "full dress" or "formal dress" -- which is a frock coat or morning coat before 5pm, and then a tailcoat for the evenings. It is like how "black tie" or "tuxedo" or "dinner dress" or "dinner jacket" is used as shorthand for "semi-formal" or how "business suit" or "lounge suit" or "suit and tie" or "formal [sic]" is used for "informal."

3. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Uh-uh. Apparently, she's quite the successful woman all on her own. [face_shame_on_you]

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, isn't she the CEO of something or other? She's not in it for the bucks, yeesh. :p

5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    That's what we call a mutually beneficial business transaction.

Only joking, only joking.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I just want a return of of Team Venture vs. L Ron... "Go to Hell-ron, L Ron!"

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    ILM will add them in post.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    New CKII Patch.

You can now mod Enatic and Enatic-Cognatic succession in!

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I was surprised to see that. They really do listen to the forum!

Also hats! (really really wish there were Celtic music though... Celtic music is awesome)

The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah. TBH, I'm not too thrilled with the Celtic portraits. The clothes are great, and the women are decent enough... but most of the dudes look like ferrets.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I've just started, so I'll see how it goes. It'll be disappointing if my attempts to create the Greater Welsh Empire are frustrated by ugly portraits :p

12. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Having played Wales to death, I went for a Britanny 867 start. I was lumbered with a terrible ruler, with a terrible son and grandson, and immediately overthrown by my vassals.

So I just resigned in frustration.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah, see, whereas for me it's new and exciting since I've never ever played anybody on the British Isles before :p

14. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, I'm thinking of starting a new game as William the Conqueror and trying to see it all the way through to the end date.

That, or go back and finish charting the ridiculously incestuous family trees of the ancient world. Haven't quite decided yet.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    It may be more fun to actually play the game, but that's just me :p

Ulicus likes this.
  16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You might be surprised. The only thing I've found close to being as addictive as playing CK2 is modding CK2.

Never before has cut-and-paste been so exciting.

17. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    You're weird.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    On my way to forming k_wales!

Really really wish it had a less crappy flag though. Wonder if any of the overhaul mods fix that.

19. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You're just figuring this out now?

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    There's a decent Wales overhaul mod (for vanilla, anyway) that does, so I hear. Never actually tried it out. It's not up to date with the latest patch, of course.

Also, it occurs to me that, instead of clogging up our social thread... we could maybe try and resurrect the CKII thread in Games? :p

21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    hmmm... we probably could, I guess. I'd never remember to actually go there, but I suppose it's worth a shot. Especially since there are a few non-Litizens I know who also play CK2 and might join in.

22. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    People actually still use Games? :p

23. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "I totally forgot this was a strength suit!"

I personally want Thalia to come back, myself.

24. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Knowing them, she will.

25. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Ugh, Houston, TX. Nothing says "Welcome to Texas" better than 92 degree weather and incredible humidity. :p

Thank God for airconditioning, a great bar & grill across the street, and a company card. [:D]

Also, in what I can assume are preparations for Independence Day, the streets are lined with Texas Flags. Cause nothing says "We are part of the Union" than your state flag. [face_cowboy]

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.