main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I have to admit it's so much more satisfying. I have Force Protection going on absorbing most of the damage, so I'm just hitting him over and over and he's going "Argh! argh!"

I swear, the fists cause more damage than the lightsaber because unlike the saber, they can't be blocked.... Jerec can't repel firepower of that magnitude!

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    So, thanks to the Steam summer sale, I finally got around to purchasing Skyrim for the PC, and have proceeded to mod the living **** out of it.

I clearly had no idea what I was missing.

RC-1991 likes this.
  3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    The modding community for the Elder Scrolls really is fantastic.

4. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Do you have any favorites? I personally can't decide which combat overhaul mod to go for, if I should go for any at all. The magic mods are amazing, and thieving looks to take on an entire new life with Sneak Tools. Also I'm really anxious to try out Frostfall.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I know my favorite Elder Scrolls mod. :D

6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    If I actually had a computer capable of handling such games, I might actually still care about modding, but unfortunately I don't. Following 0 A.D., Star Citizen, Planetary Annihilation, Phoenix Rising, and a few CnC and BfME mods, are about the only thing I do nowadays.

7. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009

Frostfall is great.

I use mods like Dovahndor, Horse Armor (yeah yeah I know), Psychosteve's Dragon Priest Masks, RNG Dynamic Guards, Unlimited Bookshelves, Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Loading Screens (they're hilarious), Detailed Cities, Knights of the Nine v2.6, Better Shrouded Armor, Morrowind Imports, Unique Uniques, and a bajillion different graphics mods. I don't think I have any combat overhauls installed- then again, I haven't played much Skyrim in about 4 or 5 months.

If you ever try Morrowind, grab MGSO and Tamriel Rebuilt.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just watched the last episode of Fringe....

:_| Agh, Walter!
    Yay! [face_dancing] Etta.
    :_| Damn, it's over.
    Wait...[face_dancing] It was a well-done ending.
    Actually, how many series have collapsed in recent years on the final run? Quite a few, so yeah that deserves due recognition ^:)^
    For all that people may say it should have been a full series, I disagree. 24 eps of the Observers would have been too grim, 13 is about right.=D=

Now to watch the extras.....

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    what

10. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't bother with that mod for any reason...

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    That's typical, though, for mods - all the way back to the early days of DOOM.

I like typing that. DOOOOOOOM.

12. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    Lore-unfriendly mods can be quite fun at times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That last is from the Sheogorath loading screens I mentioned.

Bonus for Malazan fans: Anomander Rake, the Son of Darkness:
    [​IMG]

instantdeath likes this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    ugh. Ezio in Skyrim? That's worse than your whole Boba Fett in New Vegas thing. :p

The Loyal Imperial likes this.
  14. RC-1991

Dec 2, 2009
    My Boba Fett roleplay in New Vegas was awesome, thank you very much!

[​IMG]

I'd also like to note that the lack of ability to really tweak skin tone in Skyrim is frustrating. I wanted to do a Silchas Ruin build before I discovered that I couldn't make an albino Dunmer.

Gorefiend likes this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Construction set. Just add the proper skintone.

16. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm enjoying a lovely early birthday present from my kids. A Washington Nationals game. Go Nats!

17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Bar exam in 3 days and I feel like my brain is melted....

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't overdo it Jello. Yes, you need to revise but ensure you allow recharge time - it's quality not quantity you'll likely be needing. I've no idea what you'll be hit with, but for what it is, I'd suspect knowledge may matter less than how you use it.

19. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    My problem is that I just can't shake the feeling that I don't know anything. I'm repeatedly told that the trick for the bar exam is not to treat it like a normal exam -- I'm not aiming for an A here, just a C-, but old habits die hard I suppose. I have the compulsive need to know everything about everything, and that's not possible with an exam that tests... everything.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Would never have pegged you for having a crisis of confidence Jello! :)

But since it's for the Bar, won't it be as much about how you argue with knowledge as much as the knowledge you possess?

Being a lawyer is as much knowing how to present the facts to build a case as knowing the law that determines how you deploy those facts in the first place.

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Wait tickets go on sale next week!? I can't make that kind of commitment!

Oh well, at least it's in 'Murica. [face_flag]

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's awesome news. :) I'm glad they're doing it in mid-April so maybe it won't be blazing hot.

I can't buy tickets next week either; I'm not sure what I'll be doing in 2015 at this point.

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    April 2015... what will they talk about, I wonder? Could we get an answer about the EU?

krtmd likes this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm... you're right. At that point it might actually be more of a funeral than a celebration...

Point Given likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.