main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not sure exactly how long it was, but it took me about a week of playing ~6 hours or more a day to beat the main storyline, do all the Assassin contracts, and collect the majority of location-based collectibles like chests and shanties and Animus fragments. That includes hunting, whaling, and pirating to get the upgrades needed to finish. Not to mention all the modern day stuff plus watching videos and listening to audio clips. And even now I've still got a couple of the legendary ships to still beat, some buried treasures to find, and a few other minor things to do. Overall it's no Skyrim but yeah, there's plenty to do and a good time investment needed to do it all.

And yeah, the trailers were good for hype and showing off some of the cooler, flashy moments, but they really missed a lot of the deeper character interaction and the striking, near decade-long character arc that is the backbone of the game's story.

Contessa likes this.
  2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I dare someone to go into this topic on FB and respond "Sorry, no versus threads".

Oh, and unrelated note: I'm four posts away from ten thousand, and I have nothing significant to say whatsoever. [face_plain]

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, when you do, make a thread, tell everyone how you're awesome, and give lots of name drops. At least, that's what they do in the JCC. :cool:

jSarek and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    RC-1991 likes this.
  5. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    For my own sanity, I ain't readin' that.

Much as I love Revan, I still puke at the thought of any "Revan vs ____" post.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah but you gotta say TEN THOUSAND POSTS and OVER 14 YEARS and such, otherwise it's just some other "look at me I'm awesome" post. It's all about the milestones, man. :cool:

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    CooperTFN, why don't you bring that discussion about Daniel Keys Morgan having a carte blanche to the forums, that should generate your posts in no time.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    oh **** **** ** *****

Apparently I crossed the 75k milestone without even noticing it. ****!

edit: I was going to make a thread and everything. Dammit.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Met GRRM and got Battlefield 4 today. Today was a good day.

Slightly annoyed I didn't get to the James Bond exhibition, but I will go next month.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Glad to see you made it back alive.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Lost a few limbs, was tortured somewhat.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So anyone told Sable_Hart? :D

Sable_Hart likes this.
  13. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

You're on to something. Notice how nobody ever talks about the Head-to-Head book around here?

14. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Haha actually I DID get a Facebook PM from a friend of mine about the topic and gave it a cursory examination. The heresy is both perverse and profound, but Facebook doesn't lend itself well to my style of posting.

Not to mention the reactions I'd get from my friends.

I'll allow the heretics to have their day....

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    YAY! Amazon just dropped the price of Jeffrey Brown's SW books, bagged Vader & Son + Darth Vader's Little Princess for £5.75 and Jedi Academy for £3.85!

16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Sounds like article material if you ask me. :D

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    When I've read 'em, yeah, I think so - the books deserve a push.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Those books are great. I haven't read Jedi Academy yet, but I love those books.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Couldn't believe Amazon were flogging that for £3.85, but a bargain's a bargain.

20. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Oh, those books are so cute.

Does that make me sound like a girl?:p

Added bonus - my 4 year old daughter likes me to read Vader's Little Princess at bedtime.

21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    You have raised her well.

22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Just last night she wore her Vader pajamas to bed.

I'm so proud.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No, it makes you sound like a Loyalist. This is a good and glorious thing.

I bought Vader's Little Princess for my friends' daughter, who was born earlier this year. I am hoping that they will read it to her too, and that she will grow up to be a dutiful and noble young lady.

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Just like Leia.

krtmd likes this.
  25. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I remember Ulicus or C19 or somebody a few years ago putting it basically this way: "Revan = Moses, Bane = Isaiah, Sidious = Jesus". Seemed like a pretty good analogy to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.