main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    The big problem with trying Green Lantern in Arrow is that he'd be way, way too expensive. He's a walking CGI machine, after all.

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Those are the two missions I have yet to do.

Not gonna spoil it, but the last two powers are pretty different. One you definitely know about, the other you don't.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    TrakNar ah but what does the skeletal Alakazam MEAN?

Whoo, thread intertextuality!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Kylun, TrakNar, RC-1991 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I rarely bother with poison because it's single-use and my combat damage is high enough without it ( though completing assassination missions by reverse-pickpocketing a poison onto the target is cute when it works ). But at this point I always use potions if I'm enchanting important items or upgrading items at the grindstone or the workbench. I can make +35% Fortify Enchanting potions and +142% Fortify Smithing potions. ( In the vanilla version of the game you get screwed out of your final Enchanter perk, in the sense that it doesn't do anything, but the fix/patch for this is incorporated into the Legendary Edition ). Where I draw the line is Fortify Barter: I'm not going to worry about drinking a potion every time I buy or sell something.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Also, it's snowing today. In spring.

Elsa, go home. You're drunk.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
  7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Silly Americans, thinking March is spring.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    *Romans. They invented the calendar and the seasons.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Silly Romans, Trix are for kids.

What are we talking about?

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  10. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    They didn't know Canada existed when they created the calendar. Not their fault.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    But they did know of the Hyperboreans! I suppose you guys would be the Mechrihyperboreans, then.

Hey, I invented a word!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Kylun likes this.
  12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It's a pity we never considered that for a name. Albionoria, Borealia, Ursalia, and Mesopelagia, yes, but never that one.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Really? Huh. Well, I suppose I'd have no way of knowing Canadian founding debates. :p

I kind of like Mesopelagia, but it's not quite geographically accurate. Borealia is cool, but everybody knows that Homer has Boreas placed in Thrace. You contradict Homer at your peril.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    A longer list:

TUPONA (The United Provinces of North America), EFISGA (England France Ireland Scotland Germany Aboriginal), Acadia, Albertland, Albertoria, Albionara, Albona, Alexandrina, Aquilonia, Borealia, Britannica, Cabotia, Canadensia, Colonia, Hochelaga, Laurentia, Mesopelagia, New Albion, Niagarentia, Norland, Superior, Transatlantica, Transylvania, Ursalia, Vesperia, Victoria Land, Victorialia.

RC-1991 and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  15. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Get a room, you two.

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    lol these are amazing. I think my favorite is Efisga, but only as a word and not an initialism, just because it looks absurd, like a name decided by committee. So do others like Hochelaga.

Canadensia is silly. It's an attempt to Latinize an already admissible word in Latin, Canada. Transatlantica is just embarrassing. And Superior just puts a heavy burden on you. Norland's kinda cool for the Anglo-Saxon vibe.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Edit: ID, be wary. I can always rename your username to something like "all hail Jello" :p

Kylun likes this.
  17. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    I didn't say I wasn't interested in watching. It's educational :)

As for the threat, I dare you.

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    In the words of the only Canadian federal politician ever to be assassinated:

19. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Was he assassinated by someone who really wanted to be called Hochelegander?

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    You should see some of the proposals made for renaming Americans due to the fact that it's the name of the continent. They're pretty stupid, like Unitedstatesian. Really?

The only one I like is Columbian because it refers to both our relatively unknown national personification,, as well the name of our capital. But American is ours. We had it first!

Well, now you seem rather eager so it just wouldn't be as fun.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It's as plausible an explanation as any that have been given.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So I've spent the last hour at work engaging in an extemporaneous poetry duel on fb.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    No wonder you're too busy to write articles.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    If you want me to write an article by iPhone, I will.
    But be warned, I'll sound like I've been drinking swill.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, I'm quite familiar with your iPhone typing skills--that's my April Fool's backup plan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.