Lit CAD BANE IS DUROS (BUT ACKBAR IS WATCHING) - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    Jabba is Wario, and Bib Fortuna is Waluigi. Awesome.
  2. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
  3. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Show Spoiler
    So? Stark is(was) a SHIELD consultant, and friends with Coulson. I can see him letting Hill help out from time to time.
  4. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    I am enjoying AsCreed II so much more than I enjoyed the first one. The characters have personality, the cities are beautiful, the plot is better, the climbing mechanics are cleaned up, even the "out of Animus" scenes are more tolerable thanks to Shaun's withering sarcasm. The combat is still too easy, but that's become a minor nitpick instead of the gaping flaw that it was in the first game.

Also, I was getting "this seems familiar" vibes from Ezio's story early on, and it wasn't until about three hours in that I figured out why: Ezio is basically Oliver Queen. Rich, spoiled playboy whose father is killed, and uncovers a conspiracy surrounding his family as he seeks justice and turns himself into a killing machine (in a hood no less). It's not an exact fit, but it's eerily close. He even gets a list of names his father wrote out!
  5. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    Sincere apologies for the double post, but I just wanted to drop a note that I've re(re)started a blog I've been meaning to update for around five years now. It's called the Writer's Blog Strikes Back, it's on a bare-bones blogger page, and I'm planning to drop posts or the occasional video there every once in a while as I'm thinking of interesting topics or just stuff that's been on my mind, mostly related to storytelling and Star Wars. The latest post is a small comparison piece, between the development-purgatory-trapped Detours show and the currently running Superhero Squad Show. I'll probably be running more thoughts on other cartoons I've been watching there rather than posing them here.
  6. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Where is that image from and why is it "lolcanon"?
  7. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Probably because it implies that Legacy, which is much beloved (Not sure why personally, it was decent but not spectacular) and Clone Wars, which is oft despised (again, I don't see why, I thought it was pretty good) are in the same canon.
    darthscott3457 likes this.
  8. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    George Lucas makes a game about Darth Maul. George Lucas decides what a game about Darth Maul really needs is Darth Talon. And Darth Krayt. Canon? What's that?
  9. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Thank you, LI, you are now my official translator. In other news.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  10. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    [IMG]

Apparently this was in Star Tours? Well, in any case, I am just so happy to see so many Galactic Battlegrounds designs here. SO. HAPPY!:D
    Rogue_Follower likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
  12. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    It was, but I'd be curious to see about where that image came from -- that's not the perspective you get in the ride (as you're inside the speeder entering the hangar).

The hangar also reminded me of the hangars from Battle for Naboo, too.
  13. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    According to the file info, it came from here:

You are right about Battle for Naboo. Man...so many memories.
    Rogue_Follower likes this.
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    There's a barn owl outside my apartment. I hear it scream in the dead of night. The other barred owls (different species) haven't been around much since the barn owl showed up.
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cool video! There are X-wing style bulk freighters in the animatic at 15:09 and 17:26. Are those still in the final ride?
  16. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Bah. Disappointing episode of Community and no new episode of Ponies today. Television, you have failed me!
  17. Gamiel Force Ghost

star 5
    Here, try some Space Ninja
  18. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6

Findswoman and MercenaryAce like this.
  19. darthscott3457 Force Ghost

star 3
  20. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    So I just watched through the Phantasm series about a month ago (<3 Phantasm II) and at the time, Phantasm V wasn't announced. NOW IT IS. Omgwtf

21. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Bravissima, @Barriss_Coffee! Wonderful video. Somehow the baroque soundtrack is just perfect. :D
  22. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    so in Corran Horn news, this happened.

[IMG]
  23. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
  24. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
  25. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5