Lit CAD BANE IS DUROS (BUT ACKBAR IS WATCHING) - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

1. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Single best season finale I have ever seen.
  2. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Huh, I haven't seen it yet but I've heard it's pretty good. In any case, I understand you with the tonal problem thing; I think the first one had a similar problem but it wasn't too bad in that one. But there were times where the humor felt forced or where the tone shifted to brooding way too fast after a pretty funny scene. But overall I loved the first one and I'm looking forward to the second.
  3. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    You've seen Spiderman 3 right? That alone justifies a reboot. And actually did- Sony was having so much trouble trying to get Spiderman 4 off the ground after 3 came out that they risked losing the license back to Marvel, so they decided a reboot would be faster, easier, and let them put out a movie soon enough to let them keep the Spiderman franchise.
  4. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Spider-Man 3 wasn't terrible (to me). The scenes were he was acting like a jerk in the jazz club or whatever were plain awful, and the guy who played Venom made me want to throw something at the screen, but everything else I enjoyed, personally.
    Zeta1127 likes this.
  5. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    I must be one of the few people on the planet who actually liked Spider-Man 3, I am well aware of those production issues.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    That's correct.
  7. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    I think the biggest problem making spiderman 4 was that they were running out of ways to make MJ a helpless damsel in distress.
    CooperTFN and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    This whole thing about making endless Spider-Man (wow, talk about a nerdy autocorrect... and one I had nothing to do with for once) films to preserve their legal rights is pretty silly.

They should just give it up and save the money.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.
    Revanfan1 and Zeta1127 like this.
  9. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    The MCU should just cast Jessica Drew and make Spider-Woman as big of a deal.
    Cynical_Ben and CooperTFN like this.
  10. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    Except Spider Man is a big name, and does make Sony a lot of money. Losing the rights would hurt them.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I completely don't mind numerous Spider-movies, I just want them to be willing to let Peter go for a while. It's funny that the MCU has been so successful at strip-mining the Ultimate universe, but Sony refuses to utilize Miles Morales. And by funny I mean annoying.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  12. Ulicus Lit'ari

Manager
    star 6
    And, let's be honest, the MCU's lack of Spider-Man, while tragic, is not nearly so tragic as its lack of DOOM.

It was good, but it was no Becoming Part 2.

MAN I STILL TEAR UP JUST THINKING ABOUT IT.
    Last edited by Ulicus, May 14, 2014
  13. Matt Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Miles Morales for the next Spider-Man reboot....hmmm any ideas ?

[IMG]

Out of the Raimi films I only liked the first one and I haven't cared for the Garfield films. I think the Spectacular series is probably the best depiction of the character(aside of the Ultimate comics). But that Avi Arad, I want him away from Marvel movies.....period.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=99426
    AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  14. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    As much as I would like to spend the upcoming weekend seeing movies, it will be spent trapped in After Effects, just like last weekend.
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Thinking about waiting on the Blu-Ray for that one.

I still haven't seen Winter Soldier so I guess it's the Blu-Ray for it as well.
  16. Cynical_Ben Force Ghost

star 4
    This one has a lot of the same problems the first one did, which are only exacerbated by the fact that everything in this one follows the "sequels have to be bigger" trope. The worst bit is when Electro and Spidey are going at it at (one of) the end(s) of the movie and Electro's attack consists of jumping from pylon to pylon in OsCorp's power plant like a pinball, each jump playing a note of "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider" in dubstep. Spidey's reaction: "I hate this song! :("

Nothing in this one is quite as bad as the whole dancing thing in 3, but at the same time, nothing's quite as good as the scene where Peter rips the symbiote off his body in the church bell tower or Sandman rising out of the pit with his daughter's locket in his hand. Spider-Man 3 was more mercurial, this one is a lot more cliche and cookie-cutter. It reminds me a lot of Batman Forever, a very studio-safe movie that's engineered to make money and appeal to the widest audience possible, kids and adults alike.
    Kylun and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    So there's like a brush fire about a mile from my house, but since I've been so half-assed with my posting lately I'm going to make up for it by posting here while that's going on!
    Matt Skywalker, Revanfan1 and TrakNar like this.
  18. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    What started it? Semi-professional interest :D

Anyone been watching Fargo on FX?

It's a slow burning show, but a great one.
    Last edited by AdmiralWesJanson, May 14, 2014
  19. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    There's 8+ brushfires across San Diego county which may or may not have been arson. Of course, the local high here today was 102 degrees Fahrenheit and there's been Santa Ana winds the past two days.

I'M IN A BURNING INFERNO

Edit: apparently each fire is considered a crime scene until proven otherwise. And supposedly the fire which is literally 2 miles from my house has been contained and forward progress stopped.

Edit 2: apparently a new fire has just been reported

edit 3: It sucks because there are rolling blackouts due to either the heat or the fires or both (I read something about the infastructure being affected by the fires) so when I got home the power went out about 15 min after I walked in the door and was out for about half an hour and the cell service has been terrible
    Last edited by DigitalMessiah, May 14, 2014
  20. Findswoman Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  21. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    It's confirmed that the fire near my house is under control
  22. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Finally saw ASM2.
    Show Spoiler
    Electro and the Goblin were pretty much the mess I feared they would be, but the early stuff with Peter and Harry was great, and Emma Stone owns Gwen Stacy forever. I really disliked that casting choice when it was first announced but now I'll never see the character as anyone else.

Yep, loving it.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, May 14, 2014
    Draconarius and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Onderon1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Found something on io9 I had to share - a recent Arrow fight between Team Oliver and Deathstroke, Star Wars-ified. :D

Warning, some of the responses after the video use language inappropriate for this site. But the video is both well-crafted and a fun homage:

http://io9.com/ewoks-invade-the-arrowcave-in-this-amazing-arrow-star-w-1575303717

(The actual Ewok content is more like "blink and you'll miss it," but it's well-timed, IMHO.)
  24. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    I just found a tick. Fourth tick of the season. Since I'm now itchy, I intend to make the rest of you itchy. Yes, visualize ticks crawling all over you!
  25. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    As a friend put it, it is a decent romantic comedy stuck in the middle of a terrible terrible action movie. ;)
    Last edited by Gorefiend, May 14, 2014