main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
  2. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    No: Danger Mouse

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000

[​IMG]

AdmiralWesJanson, Chyntuck and Gamiel like this.
  5. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    For those of you that want cheap, digital Star Wars comics, Humble Bundle and Dark Horse have partnered together to sell some. It's a good deal, and part of the money goes to charity.

The basic bundle has the first Marvel Omnibus, Empire Vol.1, Blood ties, and others. Pay more then the average for additional comics and pay $15 or more to get Star Wood!

Crossjon and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Crossjon

Crossjon Jedi Padawan

Jul 15, 2014
    That's awesome. I've always thought about getting into star wars comics but never had, seems like a great chance to. Of those for sale, would you recommend any? Is paying above the average worth it, and what about the $15 one?

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Oh, the history of fusion power is full of false hope headlines and the like to a legendary degree. And that naturally engenders skepticism of course.

But... that said, this might just be the real deal this time. Because, well, it isn't some eccentric guy in his basement saying this. Nor is it some pair of of breathless overexcited and out-of-their-depth undergrads from some university physics department.

It's freakin' Lockheed Martin.

When the guys who gave us the following:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...start saying they've cracked or are about to crack energy-positive fusion, it might be worth listening to them and considering it rather than dismissing out of hand. When these guys say something openly and publically, they probably aren't lying.

darthscott3457 likes this.
  8. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007

Yup, I concur, skeptical, but very hopefully on this one.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I've flown every single one of those.

And by every single one I mean precisely none of them.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  10. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    I would recommend all of the comics in the basic and above average groups; making buying above the average (in my opinion) worth it. You get 83 comics, which, at an average price of $3, comes out to $249 for just under (at the time of this post) $10.50. Plus, this Wednesday, more comics will be added to "pay above average" selection, which you get automatically if you already bought it.

As to Star Wars: In the Shadows of Yavin, the first few are good, but I know that on this board, the latter issues were generally looked down on.

11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I don't know about the idea that a large corporation isn't above deceiving people, especially for financial gain, but I've already seen very skeptical comments by various scientists in the field. So unless they are convincing them, I can't really say I'm convinced.

12. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    "In 48 hours, if they're not convinced, I'm not convinced!"
    "In 48 hours, I'll be accepting your apology"

13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  14. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Barriss_Coffee and Gorefiend like this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    ...I always knew slave Leia was secretly a Sith Lord.

y'know, I may have a lot of disdain for motion controls (back in my day we used controllers and liked it!) but I always was a little surprise nobody went the obvious route with a motion control lightsaber game. I guess now we know that actually, they did try to make one.

16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Kinect Star Wars went there, it was bad, really bad.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Just wondering, you who like Uncanny Avengers, what is it that you like? What I have seen of it so seems it to have some interesting ideas and some bad ideas but overall rather meh

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Someone should do a Star Wars one. Thermal detonator in one hand, Bryar in the other, lightsabers out of every joint...

That is one heck of a random game. Luke vs slave Leia? Yoda vs Maul? I thought it would be about like, Rogue Squadron or something. Or were they planning Wedge vs Nien Nunb too? Tarkin vs Porkins?

Gorefiend likes this.
  19. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, I like Remender, and the X-comics.
    A deeper answer is that I like story arcs, and usage of established lore; time travel, historical, and alternate reality stories also hit all the 'like' buttons for me.
    Character-wise, I loved the noble aspirations of Captain America facing the reality that the teammates had deep problems working together.

20. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Were they planning Rogue Squadron IV: Masters of Teras Kasi II?

CooperTFN and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    [​IMG]

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is that stormtrooper taking a smoke?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    What is he wearing, a hoodie over some pajamas?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Apparently Lucasarts was a tad annoyed that Nintendo didn't give them a heads up on the then-upcoming Wii Motion Plus add-on/upgrade, as they could have used it to enhance TFU's lightsaber motion controls to 1:1.

25. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.