main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Apropos of Nothing - ACKBAR IN CAPITALS - The Lit Forum Social Thread, v2.0.15

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    somebody grab the shovel so we can dig up lucasart's corpse and yell at them some more

2. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Beyond Earth is preloading :D

darthscott3457 likes this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Thanks for the heads-up, considering my crappy Internet connection will barely have up in time if I start now.

Gorefiend likes this.
  4. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    Give your first impression, when you can, Saturday will be my day to waste on the game. :)

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Cool, time to check steam.

I find it funny that Beyond Earth is coming out now, and Interstellar (the movie) will be out in like 2 weeks. Seems like there is a lot of crossover potential there.

Gorefiend and darthscott3457 like this.
  6. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
  7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Why is it always hexagons?

CooperTFN likes this.
  8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    If you ever wanted to know what the Star Wars saga would look like if it took place in an 80s High School... well, here you go.

9. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Because of its roots in wargaming, which in its earliest days was 90% beekeepers.

Gorefiend likes this.
  10. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    I actually meant "why are hexagons always used to look cool and futuristic"?

I remember seeing those before somewhere. Cool.

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I think that's accidental in this case - it really does go back to wargaming (although the early Civ used square-based maps, so there's something to be said about 'futuristic')
    As a gamer, though, I look at it like 'hexagon map = outdoor map'. ;)

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Let me know if it ends up being any good.

13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Civ used to be based on square tiles through Civ IV, before changing to hexagons for Civ 5. I really liked the change, as it made for far more natural city radii than the older style. Cities now have round areas of effect rather than giant crosses once fully expanded.

I just hope that there is a nice gigantic map size available from the start.

Looking at that map, a few thins stick out.

UK gets to play 5 hours before I do :(

Also amusing is the Steam Axis of evil- Iran, DPR Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, Burma, North Sudan, Syria (and possibly Israel)

blackmyron likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, GMG is offering DA:I at a 20% discount. I was originally tempted by the deluxe edition, but a few in-game items are simply not worth $21 extra. Sorry armored warhorse, but regular edition it is!

Beyond Earth and AC:U will probably have to wait unless I can work some similar coupon magic.

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Maybe earlier in this thread?

Barriss_Coffee and Gorefiend like this.
  16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  17. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Now beyond Earth is taunting me. It's downloaded and installed, but still encrypted.

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Now this is an exelent time for me to complain that most of those Star War-ifications of Dinsey characters are disepointing humansentric, not only are the non-himans turned human, any SW nerd should know that Ariel should clearly be a melodies in SW.

Also: why are only the “Disney princesses” getting the SW treatment? Were are the Disney princes, Disney lesser nobles (were Mulan should be) and Disney commoners, (were Esmeralda should be)? And am I the only one who is tiered that the SW treatment seems to mean to turn them in to jedi/sith? Esmeralda is clearly a spacer of some sort, Mulan a trooper, Jane and Ariel should be explorers, etc., etc.

But I have to say that I am glad that The White Magician from Seles remembered Eilonwy and the art in itself if nice.

P.s. she has the wrong attitude and taste in cloths for it but am I the only one who thinks Snow White’s description “skin white as snow, hair black as ebony” point to that she should be a nagai in SW?

Findswoman likes this.
  19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
  20. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    So I'm still technically taking an internet break, but I had to share this somewhere. A player in my RPG group is rerolling her character and chose Chiss... and as I was browsing the Wook page, I realized just how hilariously bad this illustration of Thrawn is. LOOK AT THE EYES! How they (don't) line up with the mouth!

[​IMG]
    PREMIUM DERPITUDE

21. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Artists have rarely been kind to Thrawn, in my experience.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    [​IMG]

Thrawn Travolta.

Revanfan1 and themetresgained like this.
  23. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    If you stare long enough, his face starts to float and distort, like one of those magic-eyes.
    Intentional? Trying to get people into his alien mindset through artistic representations of Thrawn?

24. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    [​IMG]

Manga Thrawn.

25. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    the heck is this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.